Favorite Episode Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Episode Thread

Discuss any and all favorite or memorable episodes from any season. Any explanation on why you like a particular episode would be cool as well. This is a spoiler thread so anyone that does not want to get tipped off, beware.

I will start off with some of my favorites (in no particular order) from season one.....
    DNA Mad Scientist
    The Flax
    Durka Returns
    A Human Reaction
    Through the Looking Glass
    A Bug's Life
    Nerve
    The Hidden Memory
    Family Ties
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

I liked DNA Mad Scientist.

It was shocking to see what lengths the crew would go to in order to get what they want, and how they were completely oblivious to what was going on with Aeryn. I'm still not sure they even knew or cared after the crystal broke - all they could think about was how they're only hope of getting home was ruined.

Just when we think everybody is getting along, the writers remind us just how selfish and inconsiderate the gang could be. Then they turn around and show us the sensitive side with D'Argo's "apology" at the end.

Comment

"DNA Mad Scientist" is one of my favorites, too. The scene at the end with D'Argo and Pilot is one of my favorites of the entire series. I also loved the scenes with Aeryn and Crichton where she's telling about how she's never been on her own and later when she's telling him what she felt from her transformation.

"They've Got a Secret" is another one of my favorites. It partly focused on the character that I've always found to be the most interesting of the series--Moya, their living ship. I really loved the part where John talks to her through the DRD, something which is repeated in "Family Ties" and "Losing Time". Having stories where she's involved really enforces the fact that she is alive and a character like the others.
      sigpic
      "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
      Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

/\/\ Good choices /\/\

It has been awhile since I re-watched Farscape in its entirity, so off the top of my head some of my favorites are.....
        Crackers Don't Matter
        Won't Get Fooled Again
        Premiere Episode
        Nerve
        The Flax
        The USS Defiant Rocks!
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

One of my favorites is Crackers Don't Matter. I love how tripped out the characters where (although you could say that about almost every episode)! I remember the scene where D'argo crammed some crackers down Rigel's throat- it made you feel enormous sympathy for the Dominar. I was always blown away by how wonderfully the animatronic puppets were brought to life. You could actually see the sadness in Rigel's face. Amazing!
          sigpic

Comment

^^Yes, Crackers Don't Matter is one of those episodes I have watched over and over and over and over and over ...

Well, you get the idea. It's such a fun episode with a twist at the end where everybody realizes what they did and how they said things that really hurt somebody else they cared about.

Was it John who said there were some things you can't take back, or some things you wish you could take back? You could really tell his and Aeryn's exchange earlier in the episode was tearing them both apart.

Lucky Zhaan, she was the only one who had nothing to apologize for!!

Aeryn's "are you having problems, little man" speech runs through my mind everytime I think about this ep.

Spoilered for S2 arc ...

Spoiler:
            And this is also the first time we see Harvey - what a riot!!! I guess he was the reason that kept John sane and eventually figured out what was going on, just like in other S2 eps - Won't Get Fooled Again and A Clockwork Nebari come to mind. But reversed his tactics when John was getting near to being captured by Scorpy.

Comment

Originally posted by MFA View Post
              ^^Yes, Crackers Don't Matter is one of those episodes I have watched over and over and over and over and over ...

Well, you get the idea. It's such a fun episode with a twist at the end where everybody realizes what they did and how they said things that really hurt somebody else they cared about.

Was it John who said there were some things you can't take back, or some things you wish you could take back? You could really tell his and Aeryn's exchange earlier in the episode was tearing them both apart.

Lucky Zhaan, she was the only one who had nothing to apologize for!!

Aeryn's "are you having problems, little man" speech runs through my mind everytime I think about this ep.
              I agree. "Crackers Don't Matter" was, without a doubt, one of the best of the series.

The best part for me, I think, has always been when they're putting all that stuff on John.

To answer your question, John, in the last scene, asked Zhaan how do they take it all back? And, she replies, "I don't know."

Spoilered for S2 arc ...

Spoiler:
              And this is also the first time we see Harvey - what a riot!!! I guess he was the reason that kept John sane and eventually figured out what was going on, just like in other S2 eps - Won't Get Fooled Again and A Clockwork Nebari come to mind. But reversed his tactics when John was getting near to being captured by Scorpy.
              That and he's the defficient one.
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:

Comment

I am currently re-watching season I, so I will give you my favorite episode picks for what I have watched so far....

Premiere
                Back and Back and Back to the Future
                PK Tech Girl
                A Human Reaction
                A Bug's Life
                Nerve
                Born to be Wild

Anyone want to discuss these episodes in detail, there fresh on my mind.

Comment

A Human Reaction still remains my favourite episode so far- that scene at the end with Crichton and the aliens was fantastic with the music and the blinking lights and change of camera angles. And such a beautiful story- I love the scene where Aeryn looks up at the rain and sticks out her tongue and says "rain" like a child would.

Comment

A Human Reaction was one of the better S1 episodes. I like the rain scene with Aeryn as well. You would've thought Aeryn would have seen rain, but guess not. She's learning what she missed out on with her peacekeeper training and how John is opening new doors to her.

Back and Back and Back to the Future ... aah, now that was a strange episode. One of the first "black t-shirt" episodes? or was "Exodus from Genesis" considered a black t-shirt episode? I can't remember, been a little while since I watched those two. (The eps were dubbed black t-shirt by the writers/producers because when JC wore his black t-shirt, it was said to expect a strange, off-the-wall episode.) I think this was only in early S1 episodes, as the Black T was common place before too long. But then, so were the strange episodes.

I just finished watching "I, E.T." and though I know it's not a favorite among many, I've always enjoyed it. The visual effects and scenes where Moya is landing and taking off from the planet are some of my favorites.

Also, John had not lost his innocent boyhood wonder and it really showed in this episode. Especially in the way he related to the young boy. He even convinced D'Argo to shake the boy's hand ... "he doesn't bite" ... I don't think D'Argo was happy with John at that moment, but at least he was civil. (I wonder now if that scene was for the boy's sake or just to aggravate D'Argo, or a little bit of both?)

And there's something to be said about a show that has antennas, even though they were nowhere near what I'd like to have in my backyard.

Comment

my favorite episode is the pilot episode PREMIERE

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        A Human Reaction still remains my favourite episode so far- that scene at the end with Crichton and the aliens was fantastic with the music and the blinking lights and change of camera angles. And such a beautiful story- I love the scene where Aeryn looks up at the rain and sticks out her tongue and says "rain" like a child would.
                        That scene at the end is one of favorites as well--throughout the series. Like when I first saw Pilot, the first word that went through my mind when "Jack" showed what he really looked like was "Cool alien."
                        sigpic

My Books:

Comment

I'm only half-way through S3, but so far my favs are:

A Human Reaction
                          Won't Get Fooled Again
                          Crackers Don't Matter
                          Raphosdy in Blue
                          Meltdown
                          Sun'Shyne

Made by Me!

Comment

There are many memorable ones, but my faves are Crackers Don't Matter, The Way We Weren't, and Icarus Abides.

Comment

hmmm well ya did ask

Premiere
                              A Human Reaction
                              The Flax
                              A Bugs Life....
                              Spoiler:
                              hello leather clad crichton=very sexy and one wery happy thunker

Family Ties
                              Mind the Baby
                              Look at the Princess arc
                              Out of their minds
                              Season of Death
                              Sons and Lovers
                              Green Eyed Monster
                              Relativity
                              MELTDOWN
                              Into the Lions Den arc
                              Dog With Two Bones
                              Unrealized Realities