Stargate SG-1/Atlantis - TV Zone Special #77 - Stargates 2007

From Visimag:

http://www.visimag.com/acatalog/VI_D...241.html#aTS77

TV Zone Special #77, Stargates 2007
    (Reference #TS77)
    Now Available

In 132 pages…

10 Years of Stargate SG-1

• Each season is recalled, noting the Highs and Lows, with previously unpublished observations from casts and crews, including stars Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Richard Dean Anderson and Christopher Judge, among many others…

We also travel to the Arctic, featuring amazing photos from the location filming of the DVD release Stargate: Continuum with…

• Director Martin Wood
    and
    • DVD Special Features producer Ivon Bartok

WITH Exclusive Atlantis interviews…

• Actor Robert Picardo discusses his series-crossing role as Richard Woolsey

• Actress Jewel Staite on joining the Stargate Atlantis cast as Dr Jennifer Keler

• Stunt co-ordinator James Bamford reveals the tricks of his trade

Plus...

Afterlife Exclusive! Star Chad Faust tells us about returning to the show

The 4400 Exclusive! Concluding our two-part look at the acclaimed

Supernatural drama, writer Stephen Volk and producer Murray Ferguson guide us through the second season and the reasons for its cancellation

Empathy Star Stephen Moyer tells us about his role as a reluctant psychic in the BBC’s spooky drama

Jericho We speak to the cast and crew about its first season, its cancellation, and its return…

Doctor Who After the return of the Master in Last of the Time Lords, we wonder whether Omega, first of the Time Lords, might be the next to reappear…

Parodies We take a light-hearted look at some of the best spoofs and parodies ever brought to the small screen

Prison Break Our complete and comprehensive episode guide to the second season

The Last Word Actually, it’s not the last word – Stargate SG-1 continues…

Go to Web edition

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/ts77_display.htm

Price: $9.99

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

An excerpt from TV Zone Special # 77:

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/ts77_feat01.htm

(Please follow the link for the complete excerpt.)

FEATURE: STARGATE CONTINUUM

NORTHERN EXPOSURE

Would the filming of a direct-to-DVD story be a small-scale event? The director who came in from the cold, Martin Wood, recalls making Stargate: Continuum

**snippage**

“It was one of the best film-making experiences I’ve ever had,” smiles Wood. “We were approximately 200 miles straight north of Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and actually living on the ice at a camp that the US Navy built for us as well as the APLIS group. It was astounding, and a big part of what made it so was that I handpicked the crew I had with me. There were other people who I also would have loved to have taken, but we had limited space.

“Fourteen of us were up there, including Ben Browder [Colonel Cameron Mitchell], Amanda Tapping [Colonel Samantha Carter] and Richard Dean Anderson [General Jack O’Neill]. When we arrived it was minus 41º Fahrenheit, and the first day we began shooting, the thermometer read -53. I took our actors out in costume on the ice and we filmed for four hours. Over the next seven days I never heard one of them say, ‘I’m cold. I want to go in. I don’t want to do this.’ Sometimes we were out on the ice for seven hours, and yet they never complained. None of the crew did either. When it came time to go home, without exception, everyone said, ‘Can you think of something else for us to film’. No one wanted to leave.

“We had the best times imaginable, and it was all about the work as well as being able to do the job in those types of impossible conditions. The cast and crew rose to the challenge, and whenever you get that kind of camaraderie from a group of people it’s always a thrill.”

**snippage**

by Steven Eramo
    Read more on Stargate: Continuum, 10 years of Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis in TV Zone Special #77

http://www.visimag.com/tvzone/ts77_display.htm

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I splurged and ordered a copy of the magazine. I'm in the process of scanning, and thought I'd share some of the photos in the magazine:

RDA filming "Continuum" in the Artic:

Martin Wood filming "Continuum" in the Artic. Ben Browder took the photo, and Martin was outside for 20 seconds dressed like that...it was-53F!

DVD Specials Producer Ivon Bartok with Christopher Judge:

Michael Shanks and Claudia Black:

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Morjana,

I really like these pics. If you're going to post any more, I was wondering if there were any pics of Mitchell you could post.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass View Post
          Morjana,

I really like these pics. If you're going to post any more, I was wondering if there were any pics of Mitchell you could post.
          For you, ShardsofGlass, I'll go scan one (or two) for you!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I notice it says it has an article on Jeremiah. Is the series returning?
            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
            Individuality is freedom lived.
            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Martin Wood: Officially the Craziest Man Alive...

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis1 View Post
                I notice it says it has an article on Jeremiah. Is the series returning?
                Sorry, Atlantis1, it's the CBS series Jericho, not Jeremiah.

I admit, I was confused the first time I heard about Jericho too!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

More photos - First, Ben Browder!

Amanda Tapping and Ben Browder at -38F

Ben Browder

Ben Browder and Amanda Tapping - still -38F

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

((Morjana)) You're the best! Thanks so much.

Comment

Some more photos from the arctic:

RDA on ice! BRRRRRRR!!!!!

Submarines...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Heading out to set at minus -44F - the helicopter was grounded so we took the scenic route

The Arctic Transport Plane

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

And now some SGA photos:

Dr. Jennifer Keller

Dr. McKay and Dr. Keller

From "Sateda," Stunt Coordinator James Bamford directs a Wraith:

That's all folks!

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                            Sorry, Atlantis1, it's the CBS series Jericho, not Jeremiah.

I admit, I was confused the first time I heard about Jericho too!

Morjana
                            Oops! I guess I wanted to see them do more with Jeremiah so I misread it.
                            "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                            'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                            Individuality is freedom lived.
                            'Janis Joplin'

Comment

NICE. That pic of Teal'c is just what I was looking for. He's got the Ba'al tat. Kind of wish he had different hair. Something longer, something we haven't seen him wear before. Oh, well.

The pic of the Wraith over Dex...looks like it's from Sateda. Weird.
                              Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                              http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                              X