Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ark of truth and huge attacks on earth (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ark of truth and huge attacks on earth (spoilers)

With the spoilers of what the ark of truth is, a giant brainwashing device, i would like to see a huge attack on earth that kills millions and then is covered up using the ark on the general population. Think how sweet it would be to see 302s and 304s fighting over washington or newyork and huge parts of the city getting smooshed. Given the horrible AU where the public knows about aliens maybe mass brainwashing is the better choice. Or maybe the Trust or some other subversive factor does it for their own gains.

This could open up those massively epic battles and threats while still keeping a reset button. Gua'ould destroy chicago, sg1 beats them and then sets the ark to everybody saw a tornado. Ori atk washington and they lasers bounce off a forcfield over the whitehouse: set the ark to big thunderstorm.

Wut ya think.

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    With the spoilers of what the ark of truth is, a giant brainwashing device, i would like to see a huge attack on earth that kills millions and then is covered up using the ark on the general population. Think how sweet it would be to see 302s and 304s fighting over washington or newyork and huge parts of the city getting smooshed. Given the horrible AU where the public knows about aliens maybe mass brainwashing is the better choice. Or maybe the Trust or some other subversive factor does it for their own gains.

This could open up those massively epic battles and threats while still keeping a reset button. Gua'ould destroy chicago, sg1 beats them and then sets the ark to everybody saw a tornado. Ori atk washington and they lasers bounce off a forcfield over the whitehouse: set the ark to big thunderstorm.

Wut ya think.

Um... No. Please, dear God, no...

That would utterly destroy SG-1 forever as good guys...
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

The Ancients were right not to use the Ark of Truth, I hope SG-1 doesn't use it either.

Comment

that would be cool. But I'm afraid it won't happen. I think the Ori ships will get close to the Earth and after that SG-1 will activate Ark....and they'll live happily ever after

I doubt the Ori( or Adria, if they're dead) will survive. Unfortunately SG-1 isn't Babylon 5 so I'm not expecting an interesting end of the Ori saga (like Vorlons and Shadows). Just another boring deus ex machina or stupid miraculous device
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
          The Ancients were right not to use the Ark of Truth, I hope SG-1 doesn't use it either.
          Ooh, that would be a huge twist! And when the ancients see that we would rather not use the Ark and allow our galaxy to be attacked, they FINALLY decide to help us.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

That would indeed make us look not so good anymore.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm certain there will be a large space battle around earth, but I doubt any ground/air invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by captain Qball View Post
                I'm certain there will be a large space battle around earth, but I doubt any ground/air invasion.
                Most of it takes place in the Ori Galaxy, or so I've thought. But still, a large battle near Earth would be pretty neat to see. Minus the massive loss of life, though.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post

I agree. In a twisted alternate timeline, sure, why not. But if only so that our own SG-1 could see how screwed up the world would become with such a turn of events.
                  Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                  The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                  I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                  A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                  That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                  Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                  Caboose: They could be worse?
                  Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Or we could leave the writing to more capable hands...

Comment

Maybe they could use it on us and convince us that Irresponsible was never filmed?
                      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

At least we know what happened to that guy from Catherine's team. Poor guy. After Daniel refuted his pisspoor translation of egyptian hieroglyphs, he ended up going to Atlantis and starting a harem.

Comment

You wanna know something that's sad. The fact is, there is stuff like this. Where you can make something look like what's its not and be able to project thought and sound anywhere including so the people can hear it. Oh it looks and feels real but the thing is, it's all a projection/Hologram.

Just check out Prjoect Blue Beam.

TheChosen1

Wut ya think.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            I think its been well established that the ancients were giant sissies. They fled across the univers rather than fight the ori, they fled pegasus rather than fight the wraith. Americans are tough, americans do what has to be done. There are some hard decisions that have to be made and its called being a grown up. Running away isnt george bushes america, heck it isnt even ronald regans.

Theyre just lucky the russian military isnt calling the shots, those guys are freaking crazy!

Comment

I think its been well established that the ancients were giant sissies. They fled across the univers rather than fight the ori, they fled pegasus rather than fight the wraith. Americans are tough, americans do what has to be done. There are some hard decisions that have to be made and its called being a grown up. Running away isnt george bushes america, heck it isnt even ronald regans.

Theyre just lucky the russian military isnt calling the shots, those guys are freaking crazy!

you're right. Ancients are bunch of stupid cowards
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X