PDA

View Full Version : Spin Off potential

spg_1983
September 27th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Now that the ASsgard civilization has been reduced to a single planet and they have an effective means of fighting the replicators it seems to me that there is a great opportunity for another spin off series. it could be all about the asgard rebuilding their civilization and dealing with the constant threat of replicators. Before their fall a series about the asgard probably would have sucked because they were so powerful and advanced that they were practically omnipotent so there would never be any real drama. but now they have to rebuild their entire civilization from scratch. sure they are still way advanced but think of how much they must have lost. the series could be about them trying to reclaim their former knowledge and glory while at the same time growing as a society to prevent the same thing from happening again. Thor could be a proponent for change in their society so they are less arrogant and self confident and he would always have to be clashing with the council who would just want to rebuild their society exactly as it was before. any one else think this would be a great series?

DownFallAngel
September 27th, 2004, 03:54 PM
To tell you the truth, post SG1 New Order sounds wack.

But if you did something on their early civilization, with the 4 Race Alliance on Helioplis, and with the begining of their cloning problems, and the early stages of the Replicator Wars, that would be worth watching.

Just my opinion.

*RA
September 27th, 2004, 05:59 PM
you know how exspensive the Asgard are to create, well atleast the ones who walk around, the one sitting down all the time is just a puppet, but the rest are cgi, and really exspensive to create, It invovles motion capture for every seen there in. Maybe when cgi gets alot cheaper, but i wouldn't count on this

David85
September 27th, 2004, 06:07 PM
One show at a time, it's bad enough that SG-1 and Atlantis are on at the same time, we don't need TWO new shows and maybe an old beaten dead horse.

spg_1983
September 27th, 2004, 07:02 PM
well i didnt really start this thread womdering about the feasability of a all asgard spin off i was just wondering what folks thought about the idea for the story line i had.....

Legend
September 28th, 2004, 03:39 AM
If there was a spin off like the one you mentioned I would look at it, if only for the fact that 'stargate' will be in the name somewhere! But... it will never happen and let me tell you why, you have never heard of Star Trek: The Klingon Empire or Star Trek: The Romulans, do you see where I'm going with this? Basically every spin off in Stargate will all ways be based around humans... just like in Star Trek be it in the past, present or future. As great as a spin off like that would be there is a better chance of Stargate: Prometheus or Stargate: Alpha Site in my opinion anyway. Of course I could be completely wrong and if someday they do create a spin off based around an alien race then feel free to revive this thread and point and laugh at me.

GhostPoet
September 28th, 2004, 11:26 AM
We already have a spin off.:P And a great one at that.

spg_1983
September 28th, 2004, 12:44 PM
so no one thinks a show about the asgard would be cool?

Daniel's_twin
September 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
I think it might be cool, but after Sg-1's series is over. Having three shows going at the same time? I'm having enough trouble keeping up with just two shows going at the same time.

But I do think that your idea is cool. Just give it a little more time for CGI to get cheaper and SG-1 to finish up. Other then that, give your idea to the writers. Maybe they'll consider it. :cool:

Sarcazmo The Clown
September 28th, 2004, 03:25 PM
so no one thinks a show about the asgard would be cool?
Actually, spg_1983, I think that a series on the Asgard would be interesting... I like the storyline you've come up with. I was really hoping they'd cover the whole Asgard regeneration thing a little better and the Replicator wars for that matter. (I thinkwe may be getting into that later on either this season, or next if there is a next, though)
I'm glad Atlantis is dealing with the Ancients, but I tend to agree that we need to delve into the world of the Asgard a bit more... maybe not in a spin off (at least not just yet... let's practice the patience that some shows *ahem...CSI* do not have.) But we definately need to tie that up before the show ends.
Like I said, though... I like you're idea for a storyline...maybe you should start doing a bit of a fanfic series with it. I'd help out with that, if you needed it.

*RA
October 10th, 2004, 11:57 PM
well i didnt really start this thread womdering about the feasability of a all asgard spin off i was just wondering what folks thought about the idea for the story line i had.....
O' in that case. I think it would be great, I'd surely watch it. Hey you never know, in a few years it could be feasable. :cool:

NightGloom
October 11th, 2004, 05:34 AM
I'd watch it, the asgard are great. That kind of spin off would present more opportunities to learn more about the Ancients and the 4 races and all that fun stuff. It could be awesome, but we would probably have to wait a long time for it actually to happen.

October 11th, 2004, 09:29 AM
A show based on the Asgard would be cool, but the writers are already having trouble coming up with good scripts for both shows. SG-1 already started going downhill, another spin off will surely hasten its doom.

Steel_Thunder
October 11th, 2004, 02:19 PM
I think the storyline has a lot a potential, but the fact that the Asgard aren't even human and therefore would pick up less audience, which equals less ratings, which means the show isn't feasible. To answer your question again, the storyline is great. But once again, I don't think it's feasible with the Asgard not being human. It would be possible, however, if the Stargate SG-1 series had a show or in the follow up movie showed the Asgard moving into more human-like bodies so that they could reproduce again without cloning. This would allow easier potential for the race itself as well as easier production of a spin-off series since the Asgard wouldn't have to be created with expensive CGI.

lord-anubis
October 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM
what about a spin off about the goua'ld systems lords

lionel_pendergast_rocks
October 11th, 2004, 03:45 PM
i wouldn't like a show based around the asgard. 1, they all talk weird, and two, they all look alike, so you couldn't tell em apart. :)

lord-anubis
October 11th, 2004, 03:47 PM
yeah you got a point

spg_1983
October 11th, 2004, 07:39 PM
i wouldn't like a show based around the asgard. 1, they all talk weird, and two, they all look alike, so you couldn't tell em apart. :)
well we all already know thor so we would be able to recognize him and the rest could wear HELLO MY NAME IS: stickers. cant you just see Odin sitting on the High Council. "Why the (insert rude asgard explicative) do I have to wear this earth sticker on my chest and thor doesnt? We don't wear cloths, this is tottaly gonna leave a red mark" Freyr: "Well sir thor has had more contact with the humans than you and there is the fact that they like him and they see you as a bit condescending and..." Odin: "Shut Freyr"

lionel_pendergast_rocks
October 11th, 2004, 07:55 PM
the stickers would leave a gooey residue on the asgards' shiny, grey, pasty skin. give em a bit of googone. :cool:

Ugly Pig
October 12th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Maybe they could just wear T-shirts with their initials on them. Thor's would have a great big 'T' on the front, Odin's would have an 'O', etc. :)

Starlilica
October 12th, 2004, 01:13 AM
You know, it'd be interseting, and I'd watching, but you know it ain't gunna happen... but I smell great fanfiction material. I was going to write an Asgard fan fic, but this is your idea, so I won't use it. :D

spg_1983
October 12th, 2004, 06:14 AM
You know, it'd be interseting, and I'd watching, but you know it ain't gunna happen... but I smell great fanfiction material. I was going to write an Asgard fan fic, but this is your idea, so I won't use it. :D
go ahead and write a fan fic if you want, id love to read it, i may eventually get around to writing a fan fic of my own but since im already working on a sci fi novel as well as another book who knows when Ill actually get around to it. anybody that wants to write a fan fic about this can go right ahead just let me know so i can read it

beardrew
October 14th, 2004, 06:40 AM
what about if anubis clones a old system lord or Aphosis?

And listen to this. Going of the subject but, what about a Game for pc and the game plays like Cnc genrals where you can choose to be Anubis, or Sg1 or a system lord and what you do is build citys and ships! I know I should have listed this in another section but hey, its stargate.

BUt yeah Anubis comes back and clones some old gould favourites? and yes how about a episode where we get to know the system lords better and maybe Anubis better, every time we see him he says 1 word or 2. How about some detail!