This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your avatar - why did you choose it?

What does your choice of avatar say about you?
    Why did you choose it?
    What was your second choice?
    "You cannot reason with your own heart;
    it has it's own laws and beats about things
    which the intellect scorns."
    - Mark Twain -

Because as much as I love Jonas (who would be my second choice), I didn't really care for the pic used in the icon. I also love McKay and I figure his personality is much more suited towards mine- sarcastic and condescending.

If I ever get to unlock the goa'uld icons, I'll probably go for Nirrti.

Comment

i chose skaara because he is awesome, but its only temporary till i unlock the rest. i really want thor. i wish i knew how many posts it takes to unlock them.

Comment

Mine's from Changeling cos it's the best episode ever. Fact.

Madeleine

Comment

I wanted Chaka, but he wasn't one of the choices. This one works...for now.
          Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
          O'Neill: Who doesn't?
          - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
          - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
          once done, cannot be undone...
          brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I picked the Stargate because there weren't any others that I wanted (simple enough huh? ), I picked the one with a purple puddle because purple's my favorite color.
            Self proclaimed Queen of the Strudels

Comment

I chose Daniel from Beneath the Surface. David kindly desaturated him for me so that he's in black and white. Daniel's my favourite character - my next choice would have been either Jessica Weir or Mackay in honour of Atlantis.

A good friend, Doc, once suggested watching Beneath the Surface in black and white as it added a whole new dimension to the episode. I was skeptical but I did give it a try (by fiddling with the colour controls on the telly) and I have to say it turned what I thought was an all right episode into a stonkingly good riveting bit of TV! It added a lot of depth to both the characters of Jack and Daniel and the story itself really suited the noir feel. I'd recommend anyone giving it a try.
              sigpic

Comment

I picked glowy Oma from Maternal Instinct because the first time I watched it I thought it was one of the most beautiful shots I've ever seen. And at that point (before everyone and there mother could ascend) I thought that the ascended beings were just breathtaking.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Harry rocks! What's not to like?

and Lord Clangu'ur isn't available...
                  In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

It's Jack. Enough said.
                    Always remember to smile. People will wonder what you're up to.

Comment

They didn't have Homer Simpson.

Comment

Becket no longer seems to be on the list, but i picked him coz he's a Scotsman and so am I.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                        from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

duh.......

Comment

I thought I'd go for something exotic.
                            Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

Originally posted by Sela
                              What does your choice of avatar say about you?
                              Why did you choose it?
                              What was your second choice?
                              It says that I like the Tok'Ra; I think they are an interesting offshoot from the Goa'uld. I'd dearly love to see them more fully developed(as I would the Goa'uld!) and I find myself defending their actions and mentality a lot in some forums.

I chose Shau'nac because of the delicious irony that she represents. She wanted to help a Goa'uld become a Tok'Ra, thinking Tok'Ra were some wonderful, enlightened people who could help further enlighten her wonderful "child" Tanith. Will my trust in the Tok'Ra's greater moral goodness eventually prove to be as mal-placed as Shau'nac's in her larval child? I'll have to tune in to season 8 for a possible answer.

Second choice? Nope, there were no second choices, for me.
                              Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                              "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                              One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                              resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                              confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                              A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                              The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                              X