This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torchwood Dates

Why do we have to wait an entire year to watch season 2? i know for other shows it is a couple of months but if you start watching torchwood s1 in january and early feb by january next year you would have lost 'touch' with the show as it hasnt been on for over a year

Originally posted by The Ascended One View Post
    Why do we have to wait an entire year to watch season 2? i know for other shows it is a couple of months but if you start watching torchwood s1 in january and early feb by january next year you would have lost 'touch' with the show as it hasnt been on for over a year
    2 Possible Reasons
    1. Not enough for a decent budget for season 2 at the moment.
    2. They may be still be trying to think of ways to make season 2 not 'suck' as much as season 1 did.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Perhaps because they are still filming Season 2. They let Season 1 air in its entirity before they made the decision to make the next season.

That and the Who universe seems to take longer when making episodes and shows. The wait is worth it though, although I can't speak for Torchwood.

I'm waiting to see Season 1.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by Billz View Post
        They may be still be trying to think of ways to make season 2 not 'suck' as much as season 1 did.
        Thread over. Billz wins by default.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Dr Who takes a year to reach the screen as well, it just seems shorter because it's repeated so much, Torchwood has only been shown once as far as I know

Comment

It's partly because John Barrowman is a busy, busy man these days, so they had to start filming a little later than they probably would have done if he had been free.

Comment

The reason is simple, S1 was rushed into production, and the post-production was also rushed, in fact IIRC they were still working on the show when it premiered. If anything had gone wrong in the last episode or two, they wouldn't have had enough time to fix the problem.

This time they're giving themselves more time to do everything. The problem is, it takes 9 months to do everything, and this year (as far as I'm aware) they didn't start production on Torchwood until DW was finished, so they won't be done until December. It gives them plenty of time to do everything, without working while the show is airing.
              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Ooooh. I thought this was a thread telling us Torchwood air dates. Oh well.
                I don't mind the wait, I haven't seen the first season so the wait gives me time to buy it and watch it.
                Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                LOVE HIM-> DT
                ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Torchwood is delayed for several reasons. Aongst the ones cited was the fact they barely had time to finish the episodes before airing them for series 1, thus being very happy they had no technical problems. Had they run into those, there would apparently have been no episode to air. (that was said by Julie Gardner)

another reason I've heard several times but haven't seen any official quote about, was the fact that the ratings droppd for the last several episodes and they thought it's cos of Christmas and are therefore airing the show after Christmas.
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I spoke to Gareth David-Lloyd (Ianto) yesterday at a convention and he says that Torchwood will finish filming in November and air sometime in the middle of January. I asked him why the long break and he said something along the lines of "to make it better". Paraphrasing a bit but that was the gist of what he said.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about airdates for season one on CBC in Canada? And whether we'll go right into season two afterwards, or continue to stay a full year behind?

All I've heard for season one is from the endless commercials for "fall" programming (with Torchwood on the list) they air during Doctor Who, but then never say when any of it is actually going to be on.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                        Has anyone heard anything about airdates for season one on CBC in Canada? And whether we'll go right into season two afterwards, or continue to stay a full year behind?

All I've heard for season one is from the endless commercials for "fall" programming (with Torchwood on the list) they air during Doctor Who, but then never say when any of it is actually going to be on.
                        Trek Girl,
                        I've noticed that too. It's driving me nuts! Why advertise and not give us a date? I've also had some problems with their on-line guide so can't even get the Dr.Who schedule right. It looks like a repeat next week of Gridlock. Though I'm assuming it's because it's Labour Day weekend. Why else give us a repeat with only 3 episodes left to go? But I can't get the schedule to work beyond next monday.
                        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                          Trek Girl,
                          I've noticed that too. It's driving me nuts! Why advertise and not give us a date? I've also had some problems with their on-line guide so can't even get the Dr.Who schedule right. It looks like a repeat next week of Gridlock. Though I'm assuming it's because it's Labour Day weekend. Why else give us a repeat with only 3 episodes left to go? But I can't get the schedule to work beyond next monday.
                          Frak! Repeat! And I was looking forward to the season finale falling on my birthday! (couldn't think of a better present than that!) Frak!

I really wish CBC would get their act together, I actually just found a newspaper from a couple of days ago with an article regarding fall scheduleing, and it said that CBC was waiting until October- after all the other channels have unveiled their schedules, before they would announce theirs. Of course, I can't vouch for how accurate that article is, but it's really not fair to leave us hanging.

Also, I've been wondering what timeslot they could possibley air it in! It'll have to be nine pm (news airs at ten, The Hour at 11- no way they'll run it at 12) which means we're going to have the sensors bleeping out the swearing or heavily edited episodes.

Edit: I can't get a schedule to work beyond Monday either. Argh!

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                            Frak! Repeat! And I was looking forward to the season finale falling on my birthday! (couldn't think of a better present than that!) Frak!

I really wish CBC would get their act together, I actually just found a newspaper from a couple of days ago with an article regarding fall scheduleing, and it said that CBC was waiting until October- after all the other channels have unveiled their schedules, before they would announce theirs. Of course, I can't vouch for how accurate that article is, but it's really not fair to leave us hanging.

Also, I've been wondering what timeslot they could possibley air it in! It'll have to be nine pm (news airs at ten, The Hour at 11- no way they'll run it at 12) which means we're going to have the sensors bleeping out the swearing or heavily edited episodes.

Edit: I can't get a schedule to work beyond Monday either. Argh!
                            Okay I normally don't watch CBC (except for the odd movie and now Little Mosque on the Prairie and Doctor Who). Do they normally have a all schedule start LATER than everyone else?
                            Hustler is on at 9pm and I only know what it is about because it airs ads during Dr. Who. I would assume Torchwood would get a 9pm airing too.
                            Got the schedule to work a bit. The 10th is Canadian Country Music Awards THEN finally we get episode 11 Utopia on the 17th. Following monday has to episode title as of yet.
                            Though they aren't being as bad as City tv. I gave up waiting for them to finish airing Battlestar Galactica's 2nd season. Rented from Rogers Videos just recently. Now guess what's showing up on City's schedule? Yep, BSG comes back for epsidoe 15 Scar on the 15th of Sept but now on Saturdays at 8pm (can't get the schedule for the saturday after) They aired episode 14 on APRIL 2nd! They are as bad as Sci-Fi in the USA.
                            Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                              Okay I normally don't watch CBC (except for the odd movie and now Little Mosque on the Prairie and Doctor Who). Do they normally have a all schedule start LATER than everyone else?
                              Hustler is on at 9pm and I only know what it is about because it airs ads during Dr. Who. I would assume Torchwood would get a 9pm airing too.
                              Got the schedule to work a bit. The 10th is Canadian Country Music Awards THEN finally we get episode 11 Utopia on the 17th. Following monday has to episode title as of yet.
                              Though they aren't being as bad as City tv. I gave up waiting for them to finish airing Battlestar Galactica's 2nd season. Rented from Rogers Videos just recently. Now guess what's showing up on City's schedule? Yep, BSG comes back for epsidoe 15 Scar on the 15th of Sept but now on Saturdays at 8pm (can't get the schedule for the saturday after) They aired episode 14 on APRIL 2nd! They are as bad as Sci-Fi in the USA.
                              Oddly enough, there was an article in my paper this morning about CityTV- and how they're trying to get rid of repeating programs that are purchased for SPACE because we're not the audience that they're trying to target. REALLY frustrating for those who don't subscribe to SPACE.

Comment

Working...
                              X