This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nods to Atlantis?

Does anyone know if there will be any nods to Atlantis? I've read there won't be any actor crossovers, but what about other types of nods to Atlantis? For example, we could see an abandoned Alteran city in the Ori galaxy, there could be Ori Puddle Jumpers, maybe there's some dialogue references to the Atlantis Expedition, or perhaps Dr. Weir has a little viewscreen cameo to provide SG-1 with some Ancient information. Clearly these are going to be SG-1 movies, but a few SG:A nods wouldn't hurt.

Or better yet, once these 2 are done with, a movie for atlantis itself..

Comment

If they make a third movie, it'll be an SG-1 movie. I don't see an Atlantis movie happening until after the show has ended.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        If they make a third movie, it'll be an SG-1 movie. I don't see an Atlantis movie happening until after the show has ended.
        Yes that what i think
        If they did a 3rd movie they could hopefully be a Atlantis crossover as for theses two they mention Atlantis but that's all
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

I would think if they did do a 3rd movie , they would use it for setting up a 3rd series , or keep it where its a standalone movie ...

Myself i would rather see them make a Tie in movie for the 3rd series , and stop with the SG-1 movies after that . Let the cast of SG-1 do guess shots on Atlantis and on the new series here and there , and maybe later on make a 4th movie ...

Comment

Blah, the third SG-1 movie should be stand-alone. The third series doesn't need a movie to set it up, just do a two-hour series premiere like all the other sci-fi shows.

There's no reason to stop doing SG-1 movies. If the actors want to move on, write out characters and introduce new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
              Does anyone know if there will be any nods to Atlantis? I've read there won't be any actor crossovers, but what about other types of nods to Atlantis? For example, we could see an abandoned Alteran city in the Ori galaxy, there could be Ori Puddle Jumpers, maybe there's some dialogue references to the Atlantis Expedition, or perhaps Dr. Weir has a little viewscreen cameo to provide SG-1 with some Ancient information. Clearly these are going to be SG-1 movies, but a few SG:A nods wouldn't hurt.
              I would be all for that. It was neat to see Janeway in Star Trek: Nemesis. I little peek-a-boo would be cool.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

IMHO, I highly doubt they will give a nod to Atlantis in either The Ark of Truth or Continuum (although you never know! ), althought I agree it would be nice to have alittle 'peek-a-boo' (as TheInnKeeper so brillanty put it ) & acknowledge that link with the Ancients/Atlantis (we are, after all, going to the home galaxy of the greatest race ot ever inhabit the stars, after all! ).

It was nice to a nod from Janeway in ST: Nemesis; helped keep the feel that even though each series/movie is seperate, it still all happens within the same universe; just like STARGATE SG-1 & STARGATE : ATLANTIS. . . .
                Last edited by akren; 13 August 2007, 04:00 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

I doubt there will be much in the way of nods to Atlantis, TPTB seem to be trying to make the stories as easy as possible for people who are not familiar with the series' to watch and understand...

Comment

I would LOVE to see a crossover movie where the two SG-1 teams of both galaxies have to help each other out.

Probably if the Asurans or Wraith reached the MW, and the teams had to work together to stop them destroying Earth. That could be the final SG-1 film after Atlantis has ended, and as such Atlantis could leave for the MW itself

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                      I would LOVE to see a crossover movie where the two SG-1 teams of both galaxies have to help each other out.

Probably if the Asurans or Wraith reached the MW, and the teams had to work together to stop them destroying Earth. That could be the final SG-1 film after Atlantis has ended, and as such Atlantis could leave for the MW itself
                      Kinda like how ST: Generations passed the torch

Perfecto!

Comment

It would defintiely be nice, but i think that the most well get is dialogue. The movies are supposed to be a way to tie up loose ends for SG1, thats all, but if they make any more movies theres always hope!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          Kinda like how ST: Generations passed the torch
                          Yeah, kind of.

And if there were to be more Atlantis movies afterwards I think it would be more intersting for it to be set in the MW (as SG-1 won't be around anymore) and IMO seeing the Asurans or Wraith enter the MW and focusing on that for a while would be a bit more intersting than seeing more PG stuff. The PG is interesting, don't get me wrong, but there are very few races that have been able to advance due to the Wraith, and as such the PG has sort of stagnated. Seeing one of the two main bad guys thrown in to a galaxy full of more varied races would be new and entertaining after what (I hope) are many years of them only having us, each other and now possibly the Travellers to really contend with. It would shake things up to see the 'galaxies merge' as it were. Of course, this would never really work while SG-1 are still having their adventures shown as it would cross too much, but once they are done with Atlantis could return to the MW and it's enemies along with it, and we will see Earth put in danger once again and hopefully some new and intersting stories would come out of it. (I also expect humans would leave some sort of base in the PG and help the people there though, so there would be the chance for stories there in future films/series.)

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                            It would defintiely be nice, but i think that the most well get is dialogue.
                            : I can't believe Adria locked us in a cell with a DRAGON!
                            : I'd rather him be in here than McKay.

sigpic
                            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                              : I can't believe Adria locked us in a cell with a DRAGON!
                              : I'd rather him be in here than McKay.

lmao!!
                              Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

Working...
                              X