Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamwatch interview with Michael Shanks (movie spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamwatch interview with Michael Shanks (movie spoilers)

Found interview with Michael on Dreamwatch's "Total SciFi" website.

Beware spoilers.

Spoiler:
    In The Arc of Truth, he gets another confrontation. You see him at his weakest, where he says, “Enough! Help us!” The way Daniel would have done things before, and the way he handles it in that situation, is much more confrontational. Going and talking to God and saying, “Why do you stand still, do nothing, and allow all this evil to happen” is a nice scene to play.

In the second one, Continuum, while I was doing 24, these guys went up to the Artic so I couldn’t come. Rats. As a result of that, the way the original script was written, that all the characters are walking through the Arctic, they couldn’t have that anymore. So Brad wrote something that justified Daniel not being there. The way he does that is there is water coming into this ship that they are in and it is sinking. Daniel steps in it, is going to lose a leg, and be without it for most of the film.

Brad asked me afterwards, “How do you feel about that?” and I went, “Oh, this is great. It gives me something very different to play with the character, where he’s thrust back into a changed reality with a missing leg and is forced to live his life as a normal civilian.” So we get to see more of a dark, bitter aspect of the character than we’ve seen before.

Oh my god poor Daniel

The full interview can be found here

http://www.dwscifi.com/articles/show...category_id=34
    Jack and Daniel
    Rising Part 1

In the Control Room, Daniel, standing beside O'Neill, turns to him.

: Jack, it's not too late for me to ...

(interrupting): No.

: I-I-I could just grab my ...

: (under his breath): ... kit.

One leg for the rest of the movie? Weird.

Perfecto!

Comment

Yeah, I read about him having one leg. He said it's all fine in the end, so I'm actually looking forward to this development.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
        Yeah, I read about him having one leg. He said it's all fine in the end, so I'm actually looking forward to this development.
        It will certainly be interesting to see, that's for sure. You can definitely tell this is a movie, not for TV.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Then I guess "Continuum" will be a full reset 'cause I don't think they'll leave Daniel one-legged...

Comment

Originally posted by ccdsah View Post
            Then I guess "Continuum" will be a full reset 'cause I don't think they'll leave Daniel one-legged...
            Unlike Moebius, this is the real SG-1, and I expect that they will have their memories intact at the end of the film as they have already done the 'reset' in Unending

Comment

There are three possibilities. The first is that when the movie ends, DJ will be left with one leg and will remain one-legged in future movies. The second is that DJ will return to the restored timeline with one leg, but some powerful alien or alien technology will restore his missing leg. Perhaps a Goa'uld sarcaphagus? The third possibility is that DJ is somehow reset, leaving the audience with a DJ at the end of the movie who never experienced the alternate timeline, but this isn't to say everyone else would also be reset, just DJ so he can have two legs in the next movie, if there is one.

Comment

What about he just gets a prosthetic leg..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  My exactly thought! But I know that in the end there will be the damned reset button My only hope is that all of them can remember...otherwise it would be a waste of time and angst.
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

It probably will be a reset and everything will be back to normal by the end. However it will be an oppurtunity to do something they haven't done before with any of the characters.
                    Jack and Daniel
                    Rising Part 1

In the Control Room, Daniel, standing beside O'Neill, turns to him.

: Jack, it's not too late for me to ...

: I-I-I could just grab my ...

: (under his breath): ... kit.

Comment

lol, sif take 24 over the arctic.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        That'd effectively confine DJ to the SGC, which wouldn't be too exciting for the audience. Sure, he could have a normal life, and even run and play athletic games. However, what happens if he's out in the field on a dangerous mission and something happens to the prosthetic limb?

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                          That'd effectively confine DJ to the SGC, which wouldn't be too exciting for the audience. Sure, he could have a normal life, and even run and play athletic games. However, what happens if he's out in the field on a dangerous mission and something happens to the prosthetic limb?
                          Good point. Personally, I hope Daniel does get his leg back by the end of the film. But it would definitely be nice if all of SG-1 had their memories of the alternate timeline stuff intact. I really don't want a full reset.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, we know Teal'c and Vala won't remember, since they poof out of existance when the alternate timeline begins... most of the movie will feature alternate timeline versions of Teal'c as the First Prime of Ba'al and Vala as a Goa'uld Queen.

Comment

i think this is a great storyline and i can't wait to actually see it, i am so excited. But i do hope they can remember everything at the end.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X