• Show
Clear All

Battlestar's Moore Signs Deal

looking good for bsg?

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=43136

Thanks for the link. So RDM's;

- I,Robot 2
    - The Thing
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Developing new projects concurrently with BSG's final season?

Danger Will Robinson! *flails arms*
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        Developing new projects concurrently with BSG's final season?

Danger Will Robinson! *flails arms*
        It'll be fine. He'll just go without any sleep. Sleeping is overrated anyways.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm asumming this deal means that there will be an additional 2 seasons on another network?
          sigpic
          Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
            I'm asumming this deal means that there will be an additional 2 seasons on another network?

I don't read it that way. Sounds like He has a 2 year deal to work on other Sci Fi projects.

Comment

Originally posted by GateTrek View Post
              I don't think so either. But maybe it means he will be working on Caprica for NBC?

And why on earth does The Thing need an update? Carpenter's version is perfect. (I heard they were redoing Escape from NY too )

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post
                I don't think so either. But maybe it means he will be working on Caprica for NBC?

And why on earth does The Thing need an update? Carpenter's version is perfect. (I heard they were redoing Escape from NY too )
                Yeah, and supposedly Gerard Bulter who played Leonidas in 300 is going to play Snake. I won't judge it yet, some remakes can be great. But no, this "deal" doesn't mean BSG is going to continue after four. The show ending after four in now definite. I doubt it really means much for Caprica either, though if it does it's not going to NBC. I fully expect Bionic Women to not get past the opening 13 order, unless some advertising genious takes place (like Heroes).

Lots of stations tie up actors and producers for future deals before their current projects come to an end. James Gandolfini and Kiefer Sutherland are the two biggest names I can think of that recently signed production deals that extend beyond their own shows. FOX payed Kiefer 40 million for three season of 24, or if by chance the show is cancelled, he plays a new character on another new show developed by his group.

So basically what this does is it locks Scifi in for another series they know will grab attention based solely on the fact that it's made by the guy who created the "critically acclaimed" BSG. So win-win Scifi and RDM. And seeing as they are now 1-3 with new hour-long shows since Atlantis and BSG, they could use a winner.
                Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Watson View Post

For me personally this is blasphemy. Carpenter's version was an excellent movie period. The dialog and acting were perfect for the movie. What I always loved about his movies is they were adult movies, with adult dialog and acting, for adults. If you want to see what I mean, just wait and see what this new version will be like. Ten to one it will be 12 adult men all acting like teenagers. To this day The Thing still is not aged. And how many horror films can you name that actually have people acting? I mean truly acting, not just repeating the lines.

Comment

My god, I cannot believe they are remaking the The Thing and Escape from New York! Is there no creativity in Hollywood? Man remakes are such a cop-out, especially when there is no need. The Thing was a great movie and still is today and escape from NY was good but it might be gain somehting from a remake.

God, next they'll be remaking the Wizard of Oz. And in another 5 years they'll be a Matrix remake.

Aaaarggh
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zatarc View Post
                      God, next they'll be remaking the Wizard of Oz.
                      It's already in the works.

Link text:

BAUM'S AWAY!
                      By Jeremy Smith
                      Contributing sources: Variety

Remember those "Twisted World of Oz" figures McFarlane Toys released a few years back? Ready to see a bound and blindfolded Dorothy being victimized by a nasty pair of munchkins on the big screen? Well, screenwriter Josh Olson isn't, but he's going to help turn the toyline into a film anyway.

I didn't answer in the affirmative to either of those previous questions either, so Olson has my blessing to do whatever he wants to McFarlane's kinky reimagining of L. Frank Baum's beloved characters. According to Variety, Olson (the Academy Award-nominated screenwriter of A History of Violence) and McFarlane have a mild difference of opinion with regards to the tone of the film: McFarlane prefers a hard PG-13, while Olson would rather go "Harry Potter dark, not Seven dark". Actually, it sounds like Olson would just like to make a film honoring the original vision of L. Frank Baum, which would certainly be the most profitable option for all involved (McFarlane and Basil Iwanyk are producing, while Rick Benattar will EP). McFarlane also cites Lord of the Rings (as in "we want to make as much money as") and talks about Ripley-izing Dorothy, which means Liza Minelli has to be their first choice.

Oz, as it's currently titled (I do have a feeling they'll be changing that), is set up at Warner Brothers.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
                      X