X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Ark of truth ... DVD format

Somebody know if they will release de dvd in Blueray or HD DVD

Too early to tell, but if they do release it on a High Def format it will be Blu-Ray.
    Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I have a feeling that a BLU-RAY or HD-DVD Version of the movies i a way out at this point .

Reason 1 - Seeing how both Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs are still new , it wouldn't be smart at this time to release the STARGATE Movies on either formats . The money they invest in that format wouldn't really make them tons of money .

Reason 2 - Seeing how STARGATE as a show doesn't have the fan base like 300 or even Transformers , it wouldn't sale the numbers they are looking for ...

In the future of these new formats i would love to see them make a BLU-RAY or even an HD-DVD box set , but at the same time if they do that i would love to see a HUGE BOXSET for the hole thing . Having Season 1 throw Season 10 with the the first two movies in that boxset , and have one disc as extras footage from all 10 season and the movies . and have a price tag of 150.00 to 200.00 dollors , but i would rather wait tell BLU-RAY and HD-DVD take off a little better ...

Comment

Blu-ray is performing much better than HD-DVD, so I'd recommend for you to go with Blu-Ray. It is a better format, and is supported by many more studios.

Comment

Considering they released the SG movie on Blu-Ray, I can see them also doing these movies on Blu-ray as well. Such a release could be used to judge whether or not SG1/SGA could do well on one of HD platforms.

Fox have the rights to release the DVDs and although they currently are set to release exclusively on Blu-Ray, they've not released a Blu-Ray title in a few months. MGM are also exclusively releasing onto Blu-Ray (thanks to Sony owning 20%) so if it does happen, Blu-ray is almost guaranteed.

If it will happen is another question, but I could see it done.

sigpic

Comment

i perfer regular ole dvd format that they are using right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i perfer regular ole dvd format that they are using right now.
              Even in the case of a bluray or hddvd release, please do release a regular dvd format....
              http://www.scirev.net/ - My Dr Who fanfics, many crossing over with Stargate & Sliders
              sigpic
              My fics at my site
              Other fanfics on fanfiction.net --includes a new SGU/Space:1999 crossover, as well as the Dalek Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by scirev View Post
                Even in the case of a bluray or hddvd release, please do release a regular dvd format....
                They will, neither of those formats are clear cut winners yet.
                But (I believe) Sony is in there somewhere, so it will be Blu Ray since Sony supports it.

Comment

I think MGM/Fox would be smart to release both movies on Blu-Ray and DVD 'day and date'. It would be a nice way to start the Stargate Blu-Ray, or just test the market, and it wouldn't be as complex or massive of an under-taking as starting to release the seasons just yet.

Like i've said before, I think the sub-par video of the first 3 SG-1 seasons are really giving them pause in releasing Blu-Ray season sets. The movies are a better jump-off point, IMO.
                  Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                  http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

At this point, upconverted dvd to 1080i really is no different from blueray or hddvd so why bother. I have a 20' diagonal projection system and upconvert dvd is on par with the hd alternatives.

Comment

Sorry, friend...you need to check your eyes. Or maybe your system. I watched AVP on Blu-Ray in 1080i on my 34" CRT, and it looked much better than the SD disc upconverted with my upconvert player. Not amazingly better, but that's because my TV isn't up to spec. With the right system, 1080p and 'fake HD' would be night and day. Plus, Blu Ray suffers from less compression problems.

Man, are we going off topic, lol.
                      Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                      http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                        Sorry, friend...you need to check your eyes. Or maybe your system. I watched AVP on Blu-Ray in 1080i on my 34" CRT, and it looked much better than the SD disc upconverted with my upconvert player. Not amazingly better, but that's because my TV isn't up to spec. With the right system, 1080p and 'fake HD' would be night and day. Plus, Blu Ray suffers from less compression problems.

Man, are we going off topic, lol.
                        Excellent points said.

20th Century Fox is back to releasing on Blu-Ray again, so hopefully there will be news about the movies next year in Blu-Ray.

Comment

I hope Stargate: The Ark of Truth is released on the current DVD format. I cannot afford to spend several hundred dollars on an HD-DVD player, especially when I have an analog TV where the image will look exactly the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                            I hope Stargate: The Ark of Truth is released on the current DVD format.
                            Of course it will.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I don't own any of the DVD's, so I don't know if they include something like this on them or not. But I was thinking this morning and asked myself, wouldn't it be cool if they included the "mission reports" for the episode/movie and narrated by one of the actors? I'm not talking about the directors commentary, but an actual "mission report". They could have stills and short video clips to go along with maps and onscreen representations of the paper reports. Of course, this would only be one of the "extras" like you often find on DVD's. I only thought of it because I was thinking about all the extra space the new HD- and BLUray DVD's have and what they could do with it.

That way, even after you've watched the episode, you could still go back and watch/listen to the mission reports and it would still feel like something new in a sense. And that would make the DVD more interesting and therefore more valuable to own. Which, might help increase sales. I know a lot of people might really enjoy something like that.

Although, I doubt the movies will move to either of the hi-def DVD formats until the format war is over. It's just too early to invest so much when there isn't a standardized version yet and the client base isn't there.
                              Wraith, the OTHER white meat.
                              Loyalty above all else, except Honor.

Comment

Working...
                              X