Did Cam fight Teal'c halfheartedly? Talion spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Cam fight Teal'c halfheartedly? Talion spoilers

In Talion...when Cam trys to stop Teal'c from going on in his revenge quest,...Teal'c shuts Mitchell down like child's play...chews 'im up...spits 'im out...double fast. Either Cam wasn't really trying or he forgot all his Sodan training. There was a time when Teal'c spoke very highly of the Sodan warriors' abilities....and there was a time when Cam could hold his own quite well against a Sodan warrior....so A. Teal'c is much more a baddy than any Sodan...or B. Mitchell was doggin' it with Teal'c or C. The writers should have had Teal'c Zat Cam to avoid this flaw..

Originally posted by Razzgard View Post
    In Talion...when Cam trys to stop Teal'c from going on in his revenge quest,...Teal'c shuts Mitchell down like child's play...chews 'im up...spits 'im out...double fast. Either Cam wasn't really trying or he forgot all his Sodan training. There was a time when Teal'c spoke very highly of the Sodan warriors' abilities....and there was a time when Cam could hold his own quite well against a Sodan warrior....so A. Teal'c is much more a baddy than any Sodan...or B. Mitchell was doggin' it with Teal'c or C. The writers should have had Teal'c Zat Cam to avoid this flaw..
    I'd have to go with a little bit of A and B. Teal'c is a warrior of a whole other level, no doubt about that. That's been proven over ten seasons. In that fight sequence though, Cam probably wasn't out to fight his friend. He may have been holding back a bit.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I agree, cam was probably holding back a bit and even if he wasnt Teal'c would still kick his ass mainly because hes like 5 times stronger then cam.
      Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

As much as Teal'c is without doubt a skilled warrior I feel Mitchell was holding back due to a reluctance to really confront him. I say this from seeing him in action in 'Unending'......

Spoiler:
        Here he was sparring with Teal'c but when his frustration with being trapped on the Odyssey comes out at one point he really whumps Teal'c and looked to me to visibly pull himself back to prevent himself from injuring Teal'c badly. This would be consistent with the idea of the training he got from the Sodan where it was in the mind as well as the physical.

Comment

Mitchell was definitely a better fighter than a lot of people will give him credit for. Actually matching up with Teal'c though, is almost impossible.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
            As much as Teal'c is without doubt a skilled warrior I feel Mitchell was holding back due to a reluctance to really confront him. I say this from seeing him in action in 'Unending'......

Spoiler:
            Here he was sparring with Teal'c but when his frustration with being trapped on the Odyssey comes out at one point he really whumps Teal'c and looked to me to visibly pull himself back to prevent himself from injuring Teal'c badly. This would be consistent with the idea of the training he got from the Sodan where it was in the mind as well as the physical.
            Very good point!...Yeah, he just about knobbed Teal'c a good one.

In Talion, I assumed the writers wanted to amplify the rage and the resolve of Teal'c's revenge mode....so they had him kick Cam's butt like it was nothing.....I just thought it was a bit too easy for Teal'c and showed an inconsistancy in the level of expertise already ascribed to Cam in previous episodes.....picky picky

Comment

Wow... I actually thought that it was the other way around. I thought
              Teal'c went easy on Cam. I mean he should have been able to knock him out with one hit. Look at Ripple Effect. Teal'c knocks him out with ease. Cam even mentions his Sodan training right befor passing out. Either way it was a great fight ina great ep.

Perfecto!

Comment

Spoiler:
                A.
                In Unending Tealc was holding back (they were sparring) whereas CAm was out to get someone...

Comment

I don't understand the few that believe that Cam could take Teal'c in a fight. I agree in "Talion" Cam was holding back, but so was Teal'c. I mean come on, Teal'c could've snapped Cam's neck if he really wanted to. What ccdsah said was true, Teal'c was sparring (as he always does to keep from killing his opponent(s)), and Cam went all out.

Teal'c does respect the Sodan, and Sodan training probably is better than standard Jaffa training. But remember, the main reason the Sodan are "legend" is because they were among the first to overtake their "God." Then take into consideration that Teal'c is a living legend among the Jaffa; a warrior race of hundreds of millions has regarded Teal'c as their greatest warrior for around a century. And Teal'c was trained by the Jaffa's Master Warrior.

As far as training, Teal'c led one of the largest armies in the Universe for decades, and then served with the United States Air Force's Flagship Black-ops team. Not to mention the fact that Teal'c is physically stronger than any other human or Jaffa we've seen.

This is one of the reasons I see Ronon beating Teal'c as a joke. Sure Ronon's a great fighter, and Satedans seem to be far physically stronger than normal humans (as are Athosians). Ronon was probably one of the Satedan's Elite Warriors, but Teal'c is the galaxy's finest, and strongest.
                  sigpic
                  "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                  ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    I don't understand the few that believe that Cam could take Teal'c in a fight. I agree in "Talion" Cam was holding back, but so was Teal'c. I mean come on, Teal'c could've snapped Cam's neck if he really wanted to. What ccdsah said was true, Teal'c was sparring (as he always does to keep from killing his opponent(s)), and Cam went all out.

Teal'c does respect the Sodan, and Sodan training probably is better than standard Jaffa training. But remember, the main reason the Sodan are "legend" is because they were among the first to overtake their "God." Then take into consideration that Teal'c is a living legend among the Jaffa; a warrior race of hundreds of millions has regarded Teal'c as their greatest warrior for around a century. And Teal'c was trained by the Jaffa's Master Warrior.

As far as training, Teal'c led one of the largest armies in the Universe for decades, and then served with the United States Air Force's Flagship Black-ops team. Not to mention the fact that Teal'c is physically stronger than any other human or Jaffa we've seen.

This is one of the reasons I see Ronon beating Teal'c as a joke. Sure Ronon's a great fighter, and Satedans seem to be far physically stronger than normal humans (as are Athosians). Ronon was probably one of the Satedan's Elite Warriors, but Teal'c is the galaxy's finest, and strongest.
                    Nicely said....though I have to say I'm not among those who think Cam could take Teal'c....
                    Spoiler:
                    he just looked like a child fighting the Terminator in that one scene in Talion

Ronon vs. Teal'c...never thought about that one...appearantly it's been discussed here eh?....yeah..I think Teal'c would humiliate him

How 'bout Teal'c vs. ....who was the Neitchian guy on Andromeda?....Ralph?...Ed?...I can't remember....tuff hombre' though.

Comment

Originally posted by Razzgard View Post
                      it was badly staged!

However, if Cam had bit, hit, kick and screamed like a girl; I would have found the scene entertaining.
                      Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        it was badly staged!

However, if Cam had bit, hit, kick and screamed like a girl; I would have found the scene entertaining.

LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Spoiler:
                          That may simply be with Teal'c knowing what Mitchell was going through, then taking it easy on him. Allowing him to blow off some steam.

The simple fact of the matter is Teal'c is older, bigger & stronger. As well as having a much better track record of fighting. He was First Prime of Apophis & fought many battles. Was trained bt Bra'tac etc.

Mitchell spent a few days, weeks or whatever being trained by a single Sodan warrior. Of which they 'scammed' the rest because they knew he would probably have been killed in the battle, therefore they staged the death.

The simple fact is when they did fight for real in 'Talion', Teal'c whamped his ass. Mitchell may have trained with a Sodan but I highly doubt it's anywhere near enough to allow him to beat Teal'c in any form of combat.

Comment

People forget how strong Teal'c used to be compared to Mitchell, I doubt he could manage to beat him so easily now though...

Comment

When a big guy beats up a little guy the little guys probably won't get hurt too bad. If a little guy isn't willing to physically damage the big guy he shouldn't get in that fight. Mitchell went to a lot of trouble to get Teal'c on the team, it would be pretty stupid of him to risk rupturing his teammates ACL, MCL, or some other damage in a fight. If Mitchell has any kind of special forces training (in addition to Solan) he probably knows how to cripple a person in short order.

Comment

Working...
                              X