PDA

View Full Version : ahhh i cant wait.. wat bout u guys

DUDE
May 4th, 2004, 06:06 PM
i can twiat till july 16 OMG OMG its GONA BE CRAZZZYYY.. but im rely bummed. im goig to be at camp.. and my tivo can only see stuff for 14 days ahead.. and i leave on july 1 .. so im barley missing an opurtunity so i can record it.. il figure out a way.. im realy psyced.. i cant wait for season 8 for SG-1 and SGA.. im tinking il like the new Charcs and the story line seems pretty solid. iv had my doubts on liking it from hearing the news .. but then theyll say somin ausome and il be hooked again...

latas

David
May 5th, 2004, 05:45 PM
All the time, more and more, I am thoroughly looking forward to the new program. I hope it won't be a profound dissapointment - I really doubt it will be.

May 5th, 2004, 06:27 PM
I can't wait...I was think about it a month ago, and it seemd so long, now a month later it still seems SOOOOO long....I want it to be JULY, now!!! 16th is going to be the best day this year, because Sci-Fi is gonna show 4 hours of FRESH stargate :D umm...can't wait

bakeded
May 5th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I can't wait either!!! July is going to be AWESOME!!!

Teal'c
May 6th, 2004, 04:18 PM
*looks at calender* July 19th.... *notices whole month of June blocked off for Leaving Cert exams* Oh ****berries :P

omnian
May 7th, 2004, 01:23 PM
To be completely honest I think Stargate Atlantis is gonna suck big time. They've gone down the Star Trek route by introducing all this new technology (a Universal Translator especially!) and with abnormally coloured enemies. This is not what Stargate is about I feel. The sheer attraction of the show for me, in the beginning, was that it was different from any Sci Fi series out at the time but now it's becoming more and more like Star Trek. Season 7 of SG-1 was very disappointing and I'm expecting even less from Atlantis.

Of course this is just my opinion......

SGSlugger
May 7th, 2004, 02:01 PM
You know, July 16th isn't really that far away. Just a little over two months. Has anyone started a count-down?

To 'Dude':
Are you working on a camp staff or going as a camper?

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 7th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Well... here's the deal. I love SG-1 because it's the most realistic sci-fi show out there, taking place now in our time and whatnot. However, Atlantis will be in a separate galaxy and whatnot, but I still think I'll like it. After all I love shows like Enterprise (and the whole Trek franchise, of course), and I love Andromeda... so one that's less ship-based may still be likable for me. Dunno. BUT I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!

spg_1983
May 7th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Well... here's the deal. I love SG-1 because it's the most realistic sci-fi show out there, taking place now in our time and whatnot. However, Atlantis will be in a separate galaxy and whatnot, but I still think I'll like it. After all I love shows like Enterprise (and the whole Trek franchise, of course), and I love Andromeda... so one that's less ship-based may still be likable for me. Dunno. BUT I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT!
are you talking about relationSHIP or spaceSHIP? because the impression ive been getting is that Atlantis will have a greater emphasis on spaceSHIP's then SG-1

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 7th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I mean spaceship... I forgot I gotta be clear about that around these parts... for the record, I'm definitely not a shipper... but yeah, I meant spaceship.

kdavis004
May 8th, 2004, 08:22 PM
I'm ready.. I hope this show is good. I'm going to give this show a fair chance.

the_fours
May 9th, 2004, 04:26 AM
i cant wait either and i will give it a chance because as a general rule with any sci-fi show i wait until after s1 to pass judgement because in my experiance s1 isnt always as good as the following seasons, though im sure this will not be the case with atlantis

TechnoBoY
May 9th, 2004, 07:25 AM
I wanna watch it but I'm not all hyped up about it.

Anubis
May 9th, 2004, 08:17 AM
I really am looking forward to the premier in the UK and I really hope that it will be a great show!

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 9th, 2004, 06:47 PM
Well, 2 months now until the return of new Stargate to SciFi, and then a week later, Atlantis! I'm so excited! Thing is, I may be (in)conveniently leaving on vacation July 9 (like, during the afternoon) and returning the 17th...

the_fours
May 14th, 2004, 07:46 AM
jake you poor poor man, set your VCR or get someone else to set theirs

X-303
May 14th, 2004, 07:03 PM
You know, July 16th isn't really that far away. Just a little over two months. Has anyone started a count-down?

To 'Dude':
Are you working on a camp staff or going as a camper?

yes I have from today only 63 days, I can't wait.

SaberBlade
May 14th, 2004, 09:22 PM
They've gone down the Star Trek route by introducing all this new technology (a Universal Translator especially!)

why would they need a Univeral Translator? the galaxy already speaks english and with humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, that galaxy will probably speak english anyway. it isn't like they will be running into a new species every week(or it may just be a cheap way to explain why the Pegasus galaxy speaks english)

i am not really excited about it. i love the idea of a new SG series but unlike Season 8 of SG-1 (which i am excited about) it didn't have anything that came before it to get me exicted. i was excited about SG-1 because of the movie, i am excited for S8 because of S7 but Atlantis doesn't have anything like that

Teal'c
May 15th, 2004, 07:29 AM
why would they need a Univeral Translator? the galaxy already speaks english and with humans in the Pegasus Galaxy, that galaxy will probably speak english anyway. it isn't like they will be running into a new species every week(or it may just be a cheap way to explain why the Pegasus galaxy speaks english)

i am not really excited about it. i love the idea of a new SG series but unlike Season 8 of SG-1 (which i am excited about) it didn't have anything that came before it to get me exicted. i was excited about SG-1 because of the movie, i am excited for S8 because of S7 but Atlantis doesn't have anything like that
Actually, most people in the Pegasus galaxy would probably speak Ancient, so it jus translates from Ancient to Enlglish, and obviously since it's tv we see their mouths move as if they speak English, but to the Atlantis team, it looks like the people are being dubbed :P

Anthro Girl
May 15th, 2004, 11:22 AM
I can't wait to see the show, but I'm not sure I'll enjoy it as much as SG-1. Not that it won't be good - or even that I won't watch it - but Bonnie Hammer (Sci-Fi) admits that it is geared and produced for a younger audience (teens, I suppose). I don't have kids, so I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I'll wait and see.