This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When is it mentioned...?

Does anyone out there know in what episode it is mentioned that Sam plays pool and happens to be good at it? The reason I ask is that alot of fics out there have her be a wicked pool player and I don't know from what episode that stems from.

She plays a trick-shot in the bar scene in Season 4's "Upgrades".
    Good enough to win money so.....
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Of course, at the time she has superhuman motor control, so who knows if she's any good normally.
      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

There is a certain amount of logic to it, given her understanding of mathmatics and angles. Superhuman motor control doesn't help if you don't have the fundamental skills to start with.

*shrug*

Comment

AT is good at it - at least now that she had to practice so long to get that shot right (did it herself, I heard).

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          There is a certain amount of logic to it, given her understanding of mathmatics and angles.
          Being good at pool can't have that much to do with maths, though, otherwise I couldn't be okay at it.

Comment

It has to do with physics and geometry.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity1013
              Being good at pool can't have that much to do with maths, though, otherwise I couldn't be okay at it.
              It has a great deal to do with geometry.

Comment

It has a great deal to do with geometry.
                Now, geometry is something different. Because, as strange as it is, the only thing maths-related I'm good at is geometry, I never had a huge problem with that.

Comment

actually, i used to play pool, and i use that term very, very, very loosely. as in we'd go to parties and there'd be a table and we'd mess around. (we were kids) and i always sucked.

but a couple of years ago, we were ina bar and i starte to look at it like i would a math problem or logically and i could see better taht hitting that ball on this sidewill make it go into that pocket, etc, etc.

pool makes sense for sam in a way that it is a lot of logic, physics and geometry involved
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

There is a certain amount of logic to it, given her understanding of mathmatics and angles. Superhuman motor control doesn't help if you don't have the fundamental skills to start with.

*shrug*
                    MacGyver was excellent at pool also.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                      MacGyver was excellent at pool also.

Morjana
                      Anyone that can build a helicopter with two paperclips, a gum wrapper and a pen cap should be able to do well at pool

Comment

Anyone that can build a helicopter with two paperclips, a gum wrapper and a pen cap should be able to do well at pool
                        Do any of those skills transfer?

Comment

what about snooker?
                          Michelle's Fanfic Here My Original Fic

Comment

Originally posted by michelleb
                            what about snooker?
                            Different rules; bigger table. I'm a lousy pool player, but at least I can usually get the ball to travel from one side of the table to the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              actually, i used to play pool, and i use that term very, very, very loosely. as in we'd go to parties and there'd be a table and we'd mess around. (we were kids) and i always sucked.

but a couple of years ago, we were ina bar and i starte to look at it like i would a math problem or logically and i could see better taht hitting that ball on this sidewill make it go into that pocket, etc, etc.

pool makes sense for sam in a way that it is a lot of logic, physics and geometry involved
                              I used to play pool on a regular basis and used a theoretical approach. Result: Insane shots whenever I looked snookered which sometimes came off.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Working...
                              X