This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theory on the Timeline

I don't know if this idea for the timeline has been presented before. I've read similar ones.

There are possibly spoilers if you haven't seen up to Atlantis, but you're pretty safe for reading the first 6. Some of them are assumptions, other things have been stated in episodes.

Feel free to poke holes in this, I'm trying to refine it.

1. The ancients evolve in our galaxy millions of years ago.

2. They spread through our galaxy and build the stargates

3. They meet the Nox, Asgard and Furlings

4. They form the alliance in ToT

5. A disease develops that begins killing the ancients

6. With the Ancients more concerened about the preservation of their own race the alliance falls apart.

7. They develop a healing device (SG-1 "Evolution") but it is not effective against the plague. They think something called ascention may be an answer (SG-1 "Sight Unseen") and begin researching it by viewing other dimensions. Once it becomes apparent that they cannot stop this plague, but it does not effect any of the other races, they decide to take all the healthy Ancients into Atlantis and head off to another galaxy where this plague doesn't exist, if they find a cure they will return to the milky way.

8. Aiyala (the chick from Frozen), along with all the other infected Ancients are left in the Milky Way to try and find a cure. If they can't, they will die, but the Ancient race will continue in Pegasus.

9. Aiyala becomes very sick and freezes herself in one of the Ancient stasis pods.

10. The Ancients arrive in Pegasus and find no other sentient life, so they begin seeding that galaxy with a race (ours) that is resistant to the plague. They also continue studying ascention.

11. Things are goin well until the Wraith are awoken on a planet.

12. The Wraith begin feeding no the humans and growing (what they ate before...who knows)

13.Since the Ancients' numbers are small, they are overwhelmed in numbers, not technologically by the Wraith.

14. The Wraith fleet surronds the Atlantis planet and the Ancients are unable to leave with ships.

15. With the stargate as their only means of leaving Atlantis and their small numbers, the Ancients are unable to mount an offensive agains the Wraith.

16. Once again faced with the annhialation of their race, they decide to flee back to the Milky Way taking their ascention research with them as the most likely cure to the plague and the Wraith.'

16.5 They leave Atlantis through the Stargate and submerge the city

17. They arrive back on Earth and find that a race known as the g'ould have become the dominant race in this part of the galaxy. There is an uprising on Earth and the stargate is burried. The Ancients have no way to leave Earth. They finish their Ascention research and ascend.

18. Something happens where they decide they need a rule to prevent their influence in other cultures

19. The stargate is found in 1929 and a few decades later the program starts up.

20. We find Atlantis and go there and encounter the Wraith.
    Before this day is done, I will feed on your buttery defiance

Cold, there is already a similar thread. Check it out here.
    Rocky

Comment

It was beleive, that the Ancients got infected in the PG, not in the MW. But that they brought it back to the MW, and killed off some of the others. They then ascended.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Yea I saw that, I wanted to go into a little more detail tho.

Comment

thats not actually true, how could the girl they left behind have gottan it then. And if they did get it from Pegasus, why would they come back and risk infection. For a race that built the gates I thinkl they had a hell of a lot more sense then that

Comment

I thought about it happening that way too, but that doesn't explain the girl from Frozen or that they were speaking the the ancient greeks since that would have only been 4000 years ago + or -. In the Atlantis pilot, they had left "several million years" ago. I just thought of another problem. The Asgard did not develop hyperdrive until 30k years ago, which makes it less likely that they encountered the ancients before they left.

Comment

Originally posted by auir999
              thats not actually true, how could the girl they left behind have gottan it then. And if they did get it from Pegasus, why would they come back and risk infection. For a race that built the gates I thinkl they had a hell of a lot more sense then that
              DFA explained that, the Ancients brought the plague back with them to the Milky Way.
              Rocky

Comment

Dfa?

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                  Dfa?
                  DownFallAngel
                  Rocky

Comment

Sorry to sound dumb, but who/what is that?

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                      It was beleive, that the Ancients got infected in the PG, not in the MW. But that they brought it back to the MW, and killed off some of the others. They then ascended.
                      That was certainly the theory, but it doesn't seem to fit with Rising. IN particular...do I need spoilers at this point in the thread? Better safe than sorry.
                      Spoiler:
                      The hologram talks about 'the last of our race'; it doesn't sound as though the Ancients were expecting to go back to the arms of their loving brothers and sisters, but rather that they believe themselves to be the last of the Ancients.

My feeling is that the Ancients who fled the Pegasus galaxy never Ascended. They returned to Earth and settled, maybe creating the humans then, maybe living with the ones they or their brethren had already created; maybe just goofing around for a few millennia and letting drop the odd hint about this cool place called Atlantis that sank.

And what the Wraith ate before was every single living thing in the Pegasus Galaxy; it wasn't devoid of life by chance.
                      Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                      - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

dude that doesn't make any sense. If they indeed got infected in PG then why would they worry about going back to earth, when they were going to die anyways. And why risk spreading infection to their allies or even fellow ancients that were left behind. It just doesn't make much sense

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero
                          Sorry to sound dumb, but who/what is that?
                          DownFallAngel is a GateWorld Forum member, he posted earlier in this thread.
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by auir999
                            dude that doesn't make any sense. If they indeed got infected in PG then why would they worry about going back to earth, when they were going to die anyways. And why risk spreading infection to their allies or even fellow ancients that were left behind. It just doesn't make much sense
                            Maybe the Ancients didn't realize they had it (ie syptoms didn't start to show) until they got back.
                            Rocky

Comment

Oh yea, just noticed that, I feel like an idiot.

Comment

Working...
                              X