This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Key to Infinite Treasure?

I got S10 on DVD the other day and have been watching it and it made me wonder about something. They mention The Clava Thesaurus Infinatus (or key to infinite treasure) in Momento Mori, Bad Guys, and Dominion. Daniel says that it was a cache of ancient weapons and tech that he thought was a hoax but then later thought it could have existed. It seamed to me that they were setting up the key to infinte treasure to be something big. I think they might find the Ark of Truth with it. Would make sense if the ptb originally planned to make an S11 (as we know they did) that they would have wanted to set up the ark of truth before hand. Of course thats assuming they were planning Aot as a device for the series but I think that might be it.

Perfecto!

i believe it may be that too, but i also read something where there is another ancient name for the AOT that is not the clava thesaura infanatus, i could be wrong though. if its not maybe it will be adressed in continuum or in the third series.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

The Ark fo Truth has a different name, from memory, than the Clava Thesaurus Infinatus. Even if it DID exist (which the Goa'uuld Qutesh & Athena thought it did), it would be the biggest haul of Ancient booty since Atlantis itself; at least IMHO.

The fact the key/amulet to it that gives many random gate addresses is als oa pain in & of itself, but therein may lie the rub/riddle; that if someone wants it that badly, they would figure the riddle out : the Ancients were good at annoying, cryptic & complex puzzles & items that could be used equally for good or bad (e.g.: the monument at Dakara for example, was used to re-seed life int he MIlkyway Galaxy after the Plague swept through it - I still think this may have be Orii-induced/influenced - it was also almost used to destroy all life int he galaxty by Anubis).

I am still convienced that it MAY exist; if not for the simple fact that there is still some doubt about it; & that if Daniel thinks it might exist, it probably does. lol

Comment

Maybe they used that to set up the new season stargate universe... It is something they find.

Comment

From what I hear, Stargate Universe will be totally un-connected to SG-1 and SGA, which is really lame. I can only imagine something as bad as Stargate: Infinity right now.

Anyway...the Clava Thesaurus Infinatus might have been the thing that 'pointed the way' to The Ark of Truth in season 11. For instance in the Season 11 opener (or maybe a few eps down the road) SG-1 finds the Clava Thesaurus Infinatus, which contains some clue as to the where-abouts of the AOT. Just like how the tomb in Abydos contained the tablet which eventually led to Atlantis. But now that the movie is being made, the writers are skipping that angle in order to speed things up.
          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
            From what I hear, Stargate Universe will be totally un-connected to SG-1 and SGA, which is really lame. I can only imagine something as bad as Stargate: Infinity right now.

When they say unconnected, they don't mean it's not in the same continuity, so it won't be like Infinity in that respect. They mean that it won't splinter off like SGA did. It'll be more like Star Trek Voyager. It just starts on its own, but still within the universe.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

i thought when daniel read the tablet and went to the planet in bad guys that the infinite treasure was already taken by the gouald since there was alot of goauld stuff there.

but im just spetculatiing...

didnt somone try to find it, never wathced the ep i could be wrong just read it somewhere that a grup of people stole the prometheus (also the name of the ep) and used it to find some ancient treasure of weapons but failed since there was no planet.....
              sigpic

Comment

We didn't get confirmation on whether or not anybody found it. It could have been moved, could have just not been on the Bad Guys planet, etc. We do hear of it again in Dominion, but those were implanted memories, so it's not conclusive that SG-1 was even really still interest in finding it, or if they were using it soley as bait.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                  i thought when daniel read the tablet and went to the planet in bad guys that the infinite treasure was already taken by the gouald since there was alot of goauld stuff there.

but im just spetculatiing...

didnt somone try to find it, never wathced the ep i could be wrong just read it somewhere that a grup of people stole the prometheus (also the name of the ep) and used it to find some ancient treasure of weapons but failed since there was no planet.....
                  I think you are referring to the episode 'Prometheus' when Adrian Conrad, Col Simmons & cohorts steal Prommie with the intention of finding this cache of Ancient tech. Iirc something went wrong with the hyperdrive and they ended up off course. Don't think we ever went to the correct coordinates to see if there was actually anything there.

Comment

Oh, yeah I forgot about that. Wasn't that treasure again mentioned in Paradise Lost? But only as a ruse...

It would be cool to have the CTI turn out to be the same thing Simmons was after.

Comment

Oh, yeah I forgot about that. Wasn't that treasure again mentioned in Paradise Lost? But only as a ruse...

It would be cool to have the CTI turn out to be the same thing Simmons was after.
                      Would make sense. Adrian Conrad's snake could have been from one of Athena's Jaffa. I don't remember if the symbol on his head was shown or if it was one that we knew who it belonged to.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                        Would make sense. Adrian Conrad's snake could have been from one of Athena's Jaffa. I don't remember if the symbol on his head was shown or if it was one that we knew who it belonged to.
                        Yeah, at the beginning of "Desperate Measures", we see the Jaffa being kidnapped. I recognise the symbol on his forehead, but I can't remember which Goa'uld it belongs to.

Image from Stargate Caps in spoiler tags:

Spoiler:
                        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

Originally posted by Calhoun View Post
                          Yeah, at the beginning of "Desperate Measures", we see the Jaffa being kidnapped. I recognise the symbol on his forehead, but I can't remember which Goa'uld it belongs to.
                          That's the tattoo for Cronus.

Comment

How nerdy are we that we instantly know that?

Comment

How nerdy are we that we instantly know that?
                              In my defence I had to look that one up!
                              I couldn't remember if it was Cronus, Ramius or Svarog, they are kinda similar.

Comment

Working...
                              X