This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When we will can buy the new movies?

When we will can buy the new DVD movies?

I would like to know too if here in Spain we will can buy it in spanish version...

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they come out in 2008, so you'll have to wait a bit.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Ark of Truth in the spring 2008 almost 6 months (but who knows the exact date)
      Continuum in the fall 2008
      Stolen Kosovo
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        Ark of Truth in the spring 2008 almost 6 months (but who knows the exact date)
        Continuum in the fall 2008
        Still way too long to wait. The anticipation is already getting to me pretty bad. Better late than never, though, I suppose.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah weren't they suppose to come out fall of 2007 , what happened there ? Why does MGM let this happen ?

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
            Yeah weren't they suppose to come out fall of 2007 , what happened there ? Why does MGM let this happen ?
            If I'm not mistaken, one of the main reasons was they were really taking their time in post-production on these films. They want these to look as good as they possibly can.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Because they are ******s. Six months, at least, till more Stargate, I dunno if I can make it. Argh.. *wines*
              "A friend is someone who stabs you in the front."

Ilshah, host to A’aaruk-GateWorld RP

Comment

I wish they were out now, then again, in 6 months time I'm sure I'll be glad I waited rather than settle for a lower quality product...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they released one or both of the movies to co-incide with either

* An announcement of the 3rd series or

* First episode of the 3rd series shown on scifi

to maximise hype/publicity.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    I wish they were out now, then again, in 6 months time I'm sure I'll be glad I waited rather than settle for a lower quality product...
                    That's exactly how I feel about it. I really feel that these two movies will end up being well worth the long wait.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

They gave the reasons I think that they wanted more time in post for all the effects, while they also wanted more time to promote it.

The problem with the 2008 stuff is that they most likely will be the only SG-1 seen all years. It'll be 2009 before any further movies come out. They finished shooting S10 in 2006. Yet come 2009 if they put out 2 movies per year there will only have been 6-8 hours worth of content for the fans to have seen in all that time. However they'll charge a fortune for each DVD movie.

The very least they could have done was release 'Ark of Truth' before christmas or new year to give the fans a little bit of something to cheer. Do 'Continuum' around summer 2008, that leaves them the time they spent on it so far & almost a year to promote & post it. Then chuck out another one before the end of the year & continue along that route.

That's exactly how I feel about it. I really feel that these two movies will end up being well worth the long wait.
                      Sorry but I don't agree with that sentiment. It's impossible to wrap up 2 seasons of a new uber enemy within the space of 1 1/2 - 2 hours & do justice to the past 2 years worth of programming. Have one ascend, then all these ships that's left in the MW. As well as the Doci in their home galaxy. Yet we know they'll use another 'magic' device pulled out from nowhere to save the day right at the end.

Can't say I'm looking forward to yet another Ba'al storyline myself considering he's been done to death already [pardon the pun] with the whole clone after clone after clone thing. Then they do 'Moebius' where they get to go back in time & fix everything back to the way it was.

I'd much rather they done a movie about the Aschen, Furlings, 'Grace Alien's or whomever something the fans haven't seen or heard in a while. Heck even do one about Ra or Apophis if they had to do time travel, at least they haven't been seen for a few years so would be a little more 'fresh'. Whereas Ba'al was heavily involved in all the latest seasons. Guess the only saving grave about it is they'll most likely finally kill him off once & for all.

Comment

I'm just worried about how delaying Continuum is going to affect things...

Continuum takes place before SGA season 4, yet it will be released around the start of SGA season 5. We'll be watching a movie of events that take place over a year prior. Will the next movie after that skip ahead a year? How do they hope to manage for it all to make sense?

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

I just hope TPTB does a good job with the story. It's not going to matter how good the effect are if the story does not work. SG-1 was not built on great special effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                            They gave the reasons I think that they wanted more time in post for all the effects, while they also wanted more time to promote it.

The problem with the 2008 stuff is that they most likely will be the only SG-1 seen all years. It'll be 2009 before any further movies come out. They finished shooting S10 in 2006. Yet come 2009 if they put out 2 movies per year there will only have been 6-8 hours worth of content for the fans to have seen in all that time. However they'll charge a fortune for each DVD movie.

The very least they could have done was release 'Ark of Truth' before christmas or new year to give the fans a little bit of something to cheer. Do 'Continuum' around summer 2008, that leaves them the time they spent on it so far & almost a year to promote & post it. Then chuck out another one before the end of the year & continue along that route.
                            I will agree with you on the fact that "ARK of TRUTH" Should have been released before Christmas . But the second one should be released by FEB or MARCH of 2008 , this would let them get to a good point where they could still film two MOVIES a year , and still release two movies a year . It would have at the least made me happy , LOL ....

Sorry but I don't agree with that sentiment. It's impossible to wrap up 2 seasons of a new uber enemy within the space of 1 1/2 - 2 hours & do justice to the past 2 years worth of programming. Have one ascend, then all these ships that's left in the MW. As well as the Doci in their home galaxy. Yet we know they'll use another 'magic' device pulled out from nowhere to save the day right at the end.

Can't say I'm looking forward to yet another Ba'al storyline myself considering he's been done to death already [pardon the pun] with the whole clone after clone after clone thing. Then they do 'Moebius' where they get to go back in time & fix everything back to the way it was.

I'd much rather they done a movie about the Aschen, Furlings, 'Grace Alien's or whomever something the fans haven't seen or heard in a while. Heck even do one about Ra or Apophis if they had to do time travel, at least they haven't been seen for a few years so would be a little more 'fresh'. Whereas Ba'al was heavily involved in all the latest seasons. Guess the only saving grave about it is they'll most likely finally kill him off once & for all.
                            Yes i do feel the same as you , the whole going back in time thing has been done on a BIG scale already . They could have done something better for the second MOVIE , I under stand they want to tie up things with some of the bad guys in SG-1 . But they could have done something different .

I would have loved to have seen them introduce a NEW GOA'ULD that might have traveled to another galaxy that he has took over and enslaved all the life as his own . He has now come home to take over the Milky Way galaxy . On returning he encounters Ba'al . Ba'al explains what has come of the Milky Way galaxy , and tells this power Goa'uld that in the time he's been going all the goa'uld have been hunted and over taken by a planet named Earth . This New Goa'uld could be some power god in history that we haven't encounter yet or have heard of yet . This person would have to be ome one as powerful as Odin or even Zeus . Some one that hasn't been heard of or seen like that .

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              If I'm not mistaken, one of the main reasons was they were really taking their time in post-production on these films. They want these to look as good as they possibly can.
                              In an interview, Amanda Tapping said that the movies had a grander scale to them than the series. I think that the movies are going to be on par with the major summer movies only on DVD. I am hoping that they release the ARK OF TRUTH in winter and CONTINUM in the summer. I am eagerly awaiting the releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X