This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does Baal do it?

Even with a time machine how does Baal rise to being the Supreme System Lord above Apophis & Anubis?

Without Daniel to coax Oma, Anubis is unkillable. And without SG-1 to sabotage Apophis at every turn he's still uber-powerful.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Well, for one he could go back in time to before Anubis 'ascended' and actually kill him. Same with Apophis. Also, you're forgetting Ra... Without the stargate, we didn't kill him yet.
    You look but you do not see. You listen but you do not hear. You cannot accept us, but we are here to stay. You think we are just a shadow, a bad memory that will go away if you ignore us long enough but we won't.

We are human too whether you like it or not. We are here and our time is now. Together we can only soar. We will remain strong forever more, and nothing can quell our pride.

-LGBT-

Comment

Yeah, its possible that w/o SG-1 Ba'al would not evne have been able to rise to the rank of System Lord at all, he definatly would have to do alot more than hijack our gate, but that will happen off screen and may not even get mention.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
        Even with a time machine how does Baal rise to being the Supreme System Lord above Apophis & Anubis?

Without Daniel to coax Oma, Anubis is unkillable. And without SG-1 to sabotage Apophis at every turn he's still uber-powerful.
        Lol, isn't that the whole point of having a time-machine! The ability to change anything you wanted.

He could have went back & killed Ra while he was still a minor league player. He could could go back & prevent Anubis from having inhabited the Ancient, thus he would not have gained his knowledge or learned to ascend.

However the main thing is he kept all his updated knowledge from the current timeframe. Upgraded ships hyperdrives, weapons, shields etc from the time of his working under Anubis. Then combining beaming tech & other Asgard stuff that they learned from their interrogation of Thor. As well as other stuff like Naquadriah etc. Not to mention anything he got from the Tau'ri & Adria.

It really wouldn't matter how many ships his enemies had if his were more superior in every way. Nobody could match him in the past. Therefore he would be the supreme leader of the galaxy no matter who stood against him.

Having the ability to implement all that in the past, really wouldn't be needed anyhow. The Goa'uld get their power from the Jaffa who serve them. So all he has to do is go back, eliminate the Goa'uld system lord (which will be easy since he has a time-machine), then have their Jaffa serve him. Do this a few times & presto... the new leader of the MW galaxy is born.

If I had a time-machine, I could go back in time, with a little careful manipulation of historical events I or anyone else with a little vision could make themselves ruler of the world in either the past or in the present. With somebody like Ba'al, who is very smart, then there isn't really any limits on what kind of domination he could achieve if left to his own devices.

Comment

Originally posted by Battera View Post
          you're forgetting Ra... Without the stargate, we didn't kill him yet.
          No, I thought of Ra, but based on what we've seen of his flagship, I believe Apophis' Fleet could've eventually beaten him, especially with Teal'c & Bra'tak leading the campaign.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

I think Ra's ship was an older model of Mothership. We never really get the full story, but it is reasonable to say that they were being phased out.

But yeah, Baal can do anything, hence why he has Teal'c as his First Prime, Vala as his Queen.
            Disliked a recent episode?
            Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
            The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

I'd like to see if Baal does go back and off Anubis pre-ascention, some kind of scene with Anubis and Oma, or some more background into just how/when Anubis gained his knowledge of the Ancients that he already had enough to fool Oma at Keb. Wouldn't mind that back story being fleshed out one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                Yeah, its possible that w/o SG-1 Ba'al would not evne have been able to rise to the rank of System Lord at all, he definatly would have to do alot more than hijack our gate, but that will happen off screen and may not even get mention.
                Even though we probably won't see most of what Ba'al has to do to attain power, I hope it does at least get some mention. That way, it's not like TPTB are ignoring those things altogether.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i think baal somehow uses adria's necklace he took in dominion, cos when adria was inprisoned her nacklace was no there...

maybe baal tried to figure how it worked or even wore it and could see the ori or celestis and used its given powers to go back in time and being a clever gouald worked out what he needed to do...

baal knows alot of stuff that can turn him emperor of the galaxy such as claoning tech which he could still use in the past, beaming, perhaps kull warrior tech and anubis's upgraded shield and much more...

and since if he removes earth out the equation he can take out the tokra and the tollan, and find atlantis and and use the drone weapons on earth to make it his own tech and with atlantis he could i think will have enough power to resurface it off the seafloor and use all sorts of crap to dominate the pegasus galaxy and he will have alot of jaffa and kulls to take on the wraith.....asurans not so sure... replicators he can use the dakara weapon with the knowledge to kill them
                  sigpic

Comment

With the knowledge he has Baal could do the following:
                    • Use the knowledge he'd pick up from Anubis and develop better shields for his ships.
                    • Use better weapons, also from Anubis.
                    • Use Asgard beaming technology and sensors.
                    • Use the faster hyperdrive engines and improved Hatak's that were developed during season one.
                    • Thanks his time with The Trust, he could use the ZPM at Proclarosh to improve his improved ship.
                    • Kull Warriors. He could create some that are loyal to him and use them in major conflicts or assassination.
                    • Plus he would have the personal shield technology while it wouldn't be something accessible to other Goa'uld.

The improved Hatak's with better shields and engines would be enough to give him a massive advantage over the System Lords. With the Dakara device still in existence, he could use that to wipe out life on any world he chooses without having to risk his ships or Jaffa.

In the end, it would be a question of how could anyone stop him and not how does he do it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                      With the knowledge he has Baal could do the following:
                      • Use the knowledge he'd pick up from Anubis and develop better shields for his ships.
                      • Use better weapons, also from Anubis.
                      • Use Asgard beaming technology and sensors.
                      • Use the faster hyperdrive engines and improved Hatak's that were developed during season one.
                      • Thanks his time with The Trust, he could use the ZPM at Proclarosh to improve his improved ship.
                      • Kull Warriors. He could create some that are loyal to him and use them in major conflicts or assassination.
                      • Plus he would have the personal shield technology while it wouldn't be something accessible to other Goa'uld.

The improved Hatak's with better shields and engines would be enough to give him a massive advantage over the System Lords. With the Dakara device still in existence, he could use that to wipe out life on any world he chooses without having to risk his ships or Jaffa.

In the end, it would be a question of how could anyone stop him and not how does he do it.
                      I agree with all but the bolded. If he could create Kulls, he'd use them instead of Jaffa. Even with anti-kull weapons, they are far superior to the average Jaffa.

And I doubt Baal would use the Dakara weapon. He's not genocidal, he just wants to be king .
                      sigpic
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

Well I don't believe that he was ever able to create his own Kulls, or at least have the ability to make them follow his commands without Anubis being around.

As for Dakara, I could see him using it. If he kept the device secret, then he'd be able to wipe out an entire planet of enemies with no problems. It would be the best way for him to truly strike fear into the other System Lords while trying to keep how he does it a mystery. In the end, being a Goa'uld with no followers would be worse than just bowing to Baal and making him the leader.

Personally I could see a mix of Jaffa and Kull, and by that I mean Jaffa soldiers with Kull armour and perhaps even the pulse weaponry they use.

sigpic

Comment

When you look that hot and are that bad you always end up on Top!!

Comment

also dont forget his cloning tech he can be everywhere in the galaxy doing things like
                            one baal for running a section of the galaxy
                            another baal enslaving people
                            another baal doing quetesh
                            that way if he is in a battle and killed then theres always another to take his place..

and he has knowledge of atlantis, all he has to do is over power an asgard ship and fly to the coordinates and rise the city and bam his in tech heaven
                            sigpic

Comment

Essentially he is Super Baal.

But if he messes thing up too much, wouldn't Ascended do something about it?

Wouldn't the Ori notice something is up as well?

Then from Super Baal he would become Toasted Baal.

Comment

Working...
                              X