This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Dresden Files Cancelled

SCI FI Channel confirmed that The Dresden Files will not return for a second season.

Full Story
    sigpic

I kinda felt this was coming after the long wait for Skiffy to make up it's minds. Because
    Spoiler:
    if Dresden's actor isn't there, it's kinda hard to have the show without him.

Comment

Oh well; much condolences to the fans of the show.

Man, I wonder how long it'll take SciFi to piss off the whole world...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        Oh well; much condolences to the fans of the show.

If they cancel SGA after season 4 that will piss off another 2 million viewers.
        sigpic

Comment

No surprise there.

Comment

It's an interesting cycle, isn't it?

Stargate gets blamed for Farscape's cancellation.

Dresden Files gets blamed for Stargate's cancellation.

Flash Gordon is getting blamed for Dresden's cancellation.

I wonder what'll take the blame when Flash bites it?

Comment

Hmmm, it sucks they didn't at least give it another season. That's Skiffy though.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                If they cancel SGA after season 4 that will piss off another 2 million viewers.
                Actually those are the same 2 million pissed off after SG-1 was canceled after 10 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

Apparently it only takes them about a season. That's how long it takes them to screw up a show.

Comment

Nevermind Flash Gordon, makes you wonder who'l get blamed for Painkiller JAne's demise (which will probably follow, their ratigns were even worse than Dresden's.)
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      Nevermind Flash Gordon, makes you wonder who'l get blamed for Painkiller JAne's demise (which will probably follow, their ratigns were even worse than Dresden's.)
                      I'm gonna go with the writers and possibly the actors on that one. It really sucks Dresden got cancelled, the wife and I really enjoyed it.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                        SCI FI Channel confirmed that The Dresden Files will not return for a second season.

Full Story
                        Well that's just the pits. I was begining to enjoy the show and would like to have seen at least a second season.
                        sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

IMHO, the blame rests completely on SciLIE's shoulders. Yet again they have ignored the biggest fan base, women. That was the biggest fan base for DF. It's like they can't see reality, women actually do LIKE scifi.

Aside from Amanda's appearances on SGA, I'm done with SciLIE. I don't hold out hope that they'll do justice with their "new baby" Flash Gordon and I'm tired of investing my time in shows they cancel, especially the quality shows, like DF, The Invisible Man, SG1 and Farscape. Yet they keep the crap because it's simply cheaper to make.
                          sigpic
                          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
                            Actually those are the same 2 million pissed off after SG-1 was canceled after 10 seasons.
                            No, not really. There were some die hard fans of SG-1 who never set eye upon Atlantis. There'll probably a few who'll be doubly pissed because they only deigned to watch Atlantis when Amanda joined only to have it canceled anyway, but there'll also be some die hard Atlantis fans who never set eye upon SG-1.

If that makes any sense. *rubs temples*

As for PKJ... while I'm sure there are probably legions of fans elsewhere I never got the impression that it had a solid base here on Gateworld. I know I was defending it against all kinds of condemnations when it first started, but then I lost interest in the show myself. *shrug*

I'll give Flash a chance, more for morbidity's sake than anything else, but I don't have much hope for it. Skiffy can't really be trusted to let a show be its own thing.

Comment

It is disappointing Dresden was axed but PKJ is likely to be renewed. I watched both, still watch PKJ but with far less enthusiasm and it feels more like a "why am I?" thing now. In fact, I skipped last night's as it was mostly a clip episode anyways. First season isn't even done and they've already resorted to a clip episode. Dresden never even got the chance to do 15 episodes.

Comment

Working...
                              X