This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

techie fan fic help please

since i'm not having any luck on the fanfic thread and i'd like to finish this story before my sister's birthday next month. i'm hoping someone here can help me. thanks.

ok i am working on a fic in atlantis universe. it was supposed to be just a really quick little thing but it has taken over my writing life (i rarely write fanfic cuz i have my own stuff i work on)...anyway the reason i am here. i'm having an issue with why they are on the planet. no i don't have sheppard's team. its lorne's (i made up a team for him--which was half the fun). anyway they have been sent by weir and sheppard to another planet with instructions to check out ruins that were found about 6 months prior. it is suspected that there is a weapon there that will help in the fight against the wraith.

i'm bad with science (well i mean i can get the general idea) but i have no idea what type of weapon they would be looking for or find. i'd like some ideas or suggestions. also one of the things that is going to happen is one of the teammates can read some ancient and he is going to touch something that will cause a problem...so i'd like some help with that too. if you need more info, i'd be happy to provide more or whatever. you can email me at [email protected] or pm me.

thanks for the help! medie

do something new, transphase war head. has no corporeal form there fore can't be shot down, but can detonate and destroy targets in and out of phase. Problem: Can't replicate the technology, way to complex and they are very limited. You can make it even more fun by them not being able to grab it.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

BIG can of RAID!!

Comment

An energy weapon, kinda like the Dakara device, that kills all living matter it comes into contact with. If sufficiently powered, it would 'rot' a Hive Ship in a matter of minutes.
        Cons could be high energy requirements or it is broken.

The Ancient 'trap' could be a shield that is erected around their location and a number of holographic warriors attack them - bit run of the mill and I think Merlin's holograms were post-ascended tech anyway.
        Or he could inadvertantly activate the weapon but as its power source is depleted it takes several minutes to charge which gives them just enough time to get inside the structure it is located in and shut it off.
        Or he could activate it and everyone dies - the end

Comment

they don't have enough magnets!! OMG the horror
          sigpic
          EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
          -Liberty Prime

Comment

thanks so far for the ideas. keep 'em coming. i'm hoping to be able to sit down and finish the story this weekend so i am going to put the cut off day for ideas as friday morning--us eastern standard time. just a couple of reminders:

1. i need it to be able to hurt one of my marines--or at least make life difficult for him

2. i have no wish to kill everyone off in case i want to re-visit the characters in the future

3. this is ATLANTIS not sg-1

thanks again for the help. gotta run to work now since i don't actually make money with my writing (more's the shame )

medie

ps some of those ideas had me laughing hysterically and i needed that this morning. THANKS!

Comment

Well, if you want to follow along with the way Atlantis goes...

You can have a "weapon" there and its the remains of a drone making facility.

Or have his team find an ancient laboratory that is protected by automated canons.
              Visit my Website

Comment

Diffusion field, breaks apart energy pulses
                Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

A new kind of experimental drones, which can of course conveniently have one of their drives explode when your marine is standing next to it

(kind of injury depends on how close )

Comment

okay thanks for everything guys. i'm actually gonna cut you off tonite for the simple fact that there are some computer issues on my end (i don't actually have a printer and i use someone else's that i suddenly don't have access to when i normally do) so i have to print my notes off tonite instead of tomorrow morning.

as soon as i decide which of these fabulous ideas i am going to use and how, i'll get working. thanks again for the help, once this is posted, i'll post a link so you can read if you desire. i promise i will take credit for any science mistakes.

medie

Comment

hey its not quite finished yet, but if y'all wanna read what i ended up with you're welcome to. i didn't use all of your answers but some of them at least got me on the right path for what i needed. i'm still working and hoping to finish the story in the next few days.

here's the link:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3707518/1/Stonehenge_Secret

and lemme know if you read it.

Comment

Working...
                      X