This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ascended Asgard.

Are we ever going to see, 'Ascended Asgard'.
    We know that to preserve there civilization through cloning they gave up their ability to ascend, but what happened to the generatios before that point in timw when that decision was made?

Did any Asgard ever ascend and why oh why are TPTB keeping them from us?

ps. Do you think that the Ascended collective sided with Oma DeSala or Anubis when they started their fight in THREADS?(because they were very gernerous with anubis)
    sigpic
    i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

I've always wondered if by chance that the Ancinets did Ascend the Asgard as they were in an alliance and the Asgard have proven to be worthy of the next level of ascensions so I hope they did
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

There has never been any indication that the Asgard were ever on the path to Ascension. It took the Ancients millions of years to reach that level, so there's no reason to think that the Asgard were at that level.
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
        Are we ever going to see, 'Ascended Asgard'.
        We know that to preserve there civilization through cloning they gave up their ability to ascend, but what happened to the generatios before that point in timw when that decision was made?

Did any Asgard ever ascend and why oh why are TPTB keeping them from us?

ps. Do you think that the Ascended collective sided with Oma DeSala or Anubis when they started their fight in THREADS?(because they were very gernerous with anubis)
        Daniel: It really wasn't an option for them. They made the choice to extend their lives through science generations ago. It took any natural physiological evolution necessary for ascension out of the equation.

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
          but what happened to the generatios before that point in timw when that decision was made?
          Then the Asgard probably were not advanced enough to ascend or they probably would have rather then cloning themselves to stay alive.
          Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

They were the second most advanced race, it they stayed on the natural path they would have Ascended by now.

I also wondered if the Ancients ascended the Asgard. That would be an interesting twist. The Ancients would have more beings ready to fight the Ori.

I really do not think the Ori were destroyed by Danields/Merlins weapon. I am sure they were ready for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
              They were the second most advanced race, it they stayed on the natural path they would have Ascended by now.
              That's a pretty bold claim. Ascending seems like it has a lot to do with your attitude and personality, and who knows if the Asgard had the proper attitude to Ascend, and even if they did if they would have done it by now. The Asgard were relatively young when compared to the Ancients, and who says they were the 2nd most advanced? We've seen precious little of the Nox and Furlings technology, not to mention the fact that we haven't seen every race in existance.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

We seen the Nox, their tech is not as advanced.

Furlings are mentioned as a after thought.

Ancients, Asgard, Nox, Furlings. They are mentioned in that order in the episodes.

The order of greatness.

As for Ascending: Probably the vast majority, if not all the Ancients would have eventually Ascended if not constrained by time (Wraith, the Plague). Probably the same goes for the Asgard. Don't assume only humans can ascend.

Comment

We have yet to see the full potntial of Nox technology. I have to agree that we can't assume they were less advance - we would need to see for ourselves.

The Asgard could have ascended, I don't doubt that, but they chose not to and that is the fact. They made the decision not to and kept with it until they no longer had the choice too.
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                  President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                  VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Nox: They have 1 city cloaked in the sky, wow. They hide themselves in one world.

How great is that?

Compare to the Ancients or Asgard, they are nothing.

Comment

How do we know there is just one city? If you have proof that will be excellent.

And the fact that they have the ability to bend light - How do we know they haven't built ships that are simply invisable?
                      sigpic
                      Spoiler:
                      Forum Charmer
                      Forum Ambassador
                      Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Originally posted by JSPuddlejumper View Post
                        Nox: They have 1 city cloaked in the sky, wow. They hide themselves in one world.

How great is that?

Compare to the Ancients or Asgard, they are nothing.
                        Well that's currently more than either the Ancients or Asgard have, so it seems pretty sweet. I also find it odd that you somehow figure that because we've heard more about the Ancients and Asgard, that makes them more advanced, or better than either the Nox or Furlings. The truth is we know next to nothing about both of those races, so you can't make any kind of statement about their technology. Just because the Nox are tree hugging hippies, doesn't mean their not hyper-advanced tree-hugging hippies.

Comment

Compared to the Ancients or Asgard, the Nox are technologically inferior, it is quite evident.

Nox are just a bunch of useless hippies.

Comment

Back to the topic, I belive the Asgard did notwant to continue their exsistance they lived for I don't know how long, all they wanted(i think) is for death to come and they just wanted to die. sad but true

Comment

When the Asgard chose to use cloning, they were not at that point where they could asend. Cloning was the only option the Asgard that lived at that time could ever have for living very long lives which is why the same Asgard we know or knew where the same ones that lived long ago.

And one the topic of the Nox - Prove they were inferior and did not have more advance technology hidden or unshown before making an assumption
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Working...
                              X