This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Sense A HUGE Plot Twist Coming

As seen by the numerous debates we've all had, I think we can all agree that some things about Stargate Atlantis just don't add up. Ever since SG-1, and a few key moments in "Rising," we've been led to believe several things...

1) The Ancients left Earth several million years ago.

2) They "seeded" humans all over the Pegasus galaxy.

3) They fled back to Earth roughly 10,000 years ago.

4) They encountered an enemy of nigh-equal technology who outnumbered them in Pegasus.

5) At some point, they contracted a disease.

6) The Wraith currently inhabit the Pegasus galaxy.

While these are true, we're never actually told what order they happened in, and the Ancient hologram in "Rising" was very vague. If you look around this forum, there are practically a million different interpretations on who exactly the Wraith are, how the humans were "seeded," and why the Ancients left Earth in the first place.

It seems like the obvious answer the show provides is "The Ancients came to Pegasus millions of years ago, somehow put humans on the planets, and got chased away by the Wraith 10,000 years ago." I don't know about the rest of you, but this just doesn't add up with me.

I think we (the viewers) are being fed a bunch of incomplete stories, and being tricked into seeing a backstory that doesn't make much sense. I think we're going to see a big shift in the story sometime in the future. Afterall, we used to think the Goa'uld built the stargates.

Anybody else expecting a plot twist? Any theories?
    It's a Fargate! It's different.

I'm expecting a plot twist because plot twists are what keeps viewers interested. Suggesting SG:A might have one isn't exactly a revelation.

Comment

Well... he did say HUGE!

Comment

1) The Ancients left Earth several million years ago.
        -- Check
        2) They "seeded" humans all over the Pegasus galaxy.
        -- Ok

4) They encountered an enemy of nigh-equal technology who outnumbered them in Pegasus.
        -- You have 3 and 4 backwards.

3) They fled back to Earth roughly 10,000 years ago.

-- No... no one ever said that. The plague was the Wraith. Nothing else fits the description. Plagues can be other things than what happened to Europe in the Dark Ages.
        The Wraith nearly wiped out the Ancients. The Ancients ascended or to live out their lives back on Earth.

6) The Wraith currently inhabit the Pegasus galaxy.
        -- Ok... as they did before the Ancients and humanoids.

Comment

Originally posted by Legend
          Well... he did say HUGE!
          The end of The Storm was like:

"Oh no Batman, how are we gonna get out of this one?"

"I don't know Robin. Maybe it has something to do with this Death Ray!"

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
            -- No... no one ever said that. The plague was the Wraith. Nothing else fits the description. Plagues can be other things than what happened to Europe in the Dark Ages.
            The Wraith nearly wiped out the Ancients. The Ancients ascended or to live out their lives back on Earth.
            I disagree. It's quite clear from Window of Opportunity that the Ancients civilization was destroyed by disease, not an external threat. After all, they wanted to send a team of scientists back to the key point in their history, not a weapon or soldiers or anything of that sort.

I don't think that the decline of the Ancients in the Milky Way has anything at all to do with the Wraith.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
              I disagree. It's quite clear from Window of Opportunity that the Ancients civilization was destroyed by disease, not an external threat. After all, they wanted to send a team of scientists back to the key point in their history, not a weapon or soldiers or anything of that sort.

I don't think that the decline of the Ancients in the Milky Way has anything at all to do with the Wraith.
              I agree and given in Frozen
              Spoiler:
              that Ayianna had some kind of disease and was in Atlantis before it left (is is possibly why she was left behind)
              it's likely Atlantis left after the worst of the plague had wiped out most of the Ancients.

Comment

The Bible refers to Moses and God sending plagues of locust onto the Egyptians. If you look at it like that, plagues as an attack, the Wraith as the locust, and the Ancients as the Egyptians, then the non-disease plague theory works. See, the Bible has it's uses. The Wraith swept the Pegasus galaxy like a swarm of locust killing all living creatures (but a few).
                Plus, I didn't see any BIO-labs in the Hive ship or Iraq!
                When you give me a negative reputation posting, usually because you disagree with my OPINION, sign your work!

Comment

I would sleep a whole lot better knowing what happend to the Ancients and the Furlings.

Comment

I thnk the furing ae still out there some where and we know some ancients are. and as for the "humans" in peaguses i think they are ancients.
                    -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
                    GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
                    M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
                    ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
                    geekcode

Comment

maybe the wraith and the ancients are linked somehow. such as genetic experimentation gone wrong, we know that the ancients have experimented with genetic manipulations (metamorphosis).
                      Jack:"Oh I don't know I just can't imagine cute little furry things making big powerful weapons"
                      Jonas:"I don't even know what they look like"
                      Jack:"Furling, sounds cute and fuzzy to me"
                      --Paradise Lost 615
                      Thor: "We can only hope this is the last footwear to fall"
                      --Unnatural Selection 612
                      Jack: I'm Larry, this is (points to Sam) Moe, and of course everybody's favorite (referring to Daniel) Curly.
                      --Seth 302

"Nu ani Anquiatas" - "We are the ancients"

Comment

Originally posted by thefurryfurling
                        maybe the wraith and the ancients are linked somehow. such as genetic experimentation gone wrong, we know that the ancients have experimented with genetic manipulations (metamorphosis).
                        I noticed an interesting little bit of info on the SciFi.com episode summary for Rising Pt. II ... specifically, this phrase referring to the Wrath's feeding habits: "This is how this insect-human hybrid race sustain themselves"

The interesting part is the "insect-human hybrid race" description of the Wraith. Not insectoid, not humanoid, not insectoid-humanoid - any of these would indicate that they have human-like features but are not human ...

No, it's clearly stated that they are an insect-human *hybrid* race. Hybrids are the cross-products of two species.

Could be that the author of that page used the wrong phrasing ... or, could the Ancients have unwittingly created their own nightmare?

Comment

Gorthaur--Trust me: The humans in Pegasus are NOT the Ancients.
                          Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Zorkon
                            Could be that the author of that page used the wrong phrasing ... or, could the Ancients have unwittingly created their own nightmare?

very interesting, according to Dr bekett the wraith can not die naturally or from decease. maybe the wraith were an alternative to accention to escape the plauge and death? that would answer what die the wraith eat before humans question. answer they didn't exsist before humans.

but then what enemy did the ancients awake? i hope there is more to the ancient enemy then what we see at the moment i mean its only the first of i hope many seasons how can the world evolve if the most powerfull enemy ever is already shown their whole story to us. wheres the fun?

like the asgaurd for a long time we knew he had a possible power full allie but we never knew the exstent of their power untill we found out the real reason they were held back, the replicators.

Comment

"We're in the process of developing some back-story for the Wraith that kind of has them evolving as a result of the Ancients and their presence in the galaxy," executive producer Robert C. Cooper told the MGM Sci-Fi Newsletter, "and to a certain extent having the Ancients having brought some of the doom down on themselves, the way that ultimately we - the Atlantis team - bring doom down upon us. We arrive in Pegasus somewhat ignorant of what's been going on there."
                              sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Working...
                              X