This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tremors movies (1,2,3 and 4)

come on you all have probably seen these movies, i loved them, so im starting a tremors movies thread! including an overall of the moves (cause i can)

tremors 1

we meet the gravoid's (sp?) dirt dwelling worms that feed off anything that remotely makes a noise, this is how they hunt, through sound. you realise that in the first movie that cannot move through solid rock. they are also precambrian lifeforms, before jurassic before dinosaurs. and the one little town they awaken in are under threat from these vicious creatures.

tremors 2

the gravoids have evolvedfrom dirt dwelling worms (larve stage) to beasts that walk on two legs, these creatures hunt thorugh heat and are very dumb. however if given enough food they soon multiply. the gang must find a way to kill every one of them and keep themselves from being eaten.

tremors 3

bert and the team are back and just as before they have a pest problem, but the situation snowballs out of hand, theydidnt kill all the gravoids in time and now they have become what they called 'shreikers' (tremors 2) but when the shreikers start behaving oddly they realise somethings up, this time the monsters have evolved again from shreikers into wha they aptly call aSs-blasters. winged creatures who use volatile chemicals in their stomach to light their rear ends and propel themselves through the air. these also hunt using body heat but are carrying something much more than volatile chemicals, inside their bodies is an egg, each one has it to take the egg further away from where they were created, the team quickly realise that the shrikers multiply to get as many eggs as possible and then fly off to new grounds with them, the problem is theres nowhere to go for the animals and the town is soon terrorised again.

tremors 4

in this prequal you find out how the graviods came to be and a brand new form for them before the long worm. set in oldstyle when the town was just starting bert gummers great great great grandfather inherits a mine that holds these creatures, but when workers start to vanish he must come to the town to find out why, and stop these things using old style technology before they kill everyone.

so all in all we have
    insect like larve - gravoids-shreikers-aSs blasters.

so tell me what do you think about the movies? i liked 3 the best it was more amusing than some of them and i thought 4 was a poor exuse. but bert rocks

anyone else?
    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

I love them all and forgot to buy it when the set was only $11 somewhere.

I don't really remember the third that weel, the 4th is surprisingly well.

I'm hoping they will release the TV show on DVD someday.

Comment

The first two Tremors movies were my favorites.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

They're Graboids, because they grab you. The first was the best, two was ok, three was just awful, and four was ok.
        Last edited by jds1982; 27 July 2007, 10:31 AM.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
          come on you all have probably seen these movies, i loved them, so im starting a tremors movies thread! including an overall of the moves (cause i can)

<snip...>
          Great series. I got the Attack PAck (all 4 in a set) for $15 bucks somewhere awhile ago. My favorite is the first one. i like all of the, but tend no to watch the 4th one too much. I remember renting Tremors when i was younger and knew within the first 5 minutes that my parents would throw fits because they said like 10 swears in the first 5 minutes. (I believe the later versions were edited to tone down the language, including the set that came in the Attack Pack).

But despite that, they are a fun set of movies. And still a personal favorite.

Comment

wow this picked up quickly

technowraith, i hate 4 and tend not to watch it that often, it wasnt a case of the actors, more along the lines of the script.

3 is my favourite for the funny value. 2 i loved. and one i thought was great bert is awesome in every one
            sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

i think number one is still the best, imho each sequal was slightly worse than the previous one, but they are all watchable, i think i've only seen 3 twice and 4 once, but i do remember enjoying them.
              there was a time a while back, about the time 4 was released, where they were going to make a TV miniseries and a game for the series, i don't know what came of them
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                i think number one is still the best, imho each sequal was slightly worse than the previous one, but they are all watchable, i think i've only seen 3 twice and 4 once, but i do remember enjoying them.
                there was a time a while back, about the time 4 was released, where they were going to make a TV miniseries and a game for the series, i don't know what came of them
                there was actually a mini series made but it was discontinued sometime later. i dont know anything about a game either, it was probably put on hold then canceled with the miniseries.
                sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Where in the timeline does the miniseries lie?

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

hmm it was such a long time ago now.... i beleive it slots in after the white gravoid but before the fourth movie (which is in itself a prequal).

ok lets do things this way.(correct me if im wrong)

tremors miniseries
                    after defeating the aSs blasters things went back to normal but the town soon realises that a secret military base which was destroyed and lies somewhere in the desert has been leaking some sort of chemical that mutates anything that has eaten it, it permeates (seeps for those who dont know the word) into the ground and is eaten in minute quantities by insects, the insects themselves are safe since it isnt a lot but once the bigger animals start digesting a lot of this chemical they mutate and change. spreading out into the surrounding area, bert and the others are sent on missions to kill these things and find out wth is going on.

anyway thats all from what i can remember, like i said its been so long since i last watched it, i was young. so feel free to correct me if im wrong.
                    sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Wait there was a miniseries AND a TV show? I remember the TV show, that was fun and was on the air a few years back dealing with the fact the area is now an endangered species area.

And the 4th script was bad? Umm... it's a Tremors movie! They won't win awards for it's writing, or actoring...

Comment

comapred to the others oreo i thought it was terrible.
                        sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Cool I have only seen 1,2 and 4.

I loved the 1rst film as its cleary the best. As we slowy start to see and learn about the graboids! 2 was ok but all the new forms just made it a bit silly! Small chicken monsters don't really fit with the "tremors" title and are nowhere near as cool as the original monster worms!

Termors (1) is by far one of my fav films and one of the most underestimated "D" movies ever made!

Glade to see a thread about it!
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

i wouldn't say its a D movie, it was barely even a B movie, kevin bacon was quite a big name at the time.
                            Spoiler:
                            Disclaimer:
                            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                            Quotes!
                            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                            sigpic

Comment

i dont care if he was a big name he was HAWT
                              sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X