This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Earth's remote DHD dialing device

In Pegasus Project they brought a Milkyway gate to a Pegasus galaxy.
    I remember Odyssey release the gate into the blackhole and Sam dial from the Odyssey bridge.When did Earth build it's own remote DHD dialing system.

We saw Sam dial the gate from a ship with Jacob ,S4 Exodus (Part 1),but that was a Go'uld mothership and i assume the Tok'ra had the remote dialing abilities to dial from a long distance .The motership and sun (a couple hundred thousand km between them).

If Earth already can build it's own remote dialing device, then it won't be hard to build an Earth puddle jumper without ATA requirment.

SGC's DHD is physically connect to the gate

but normal DHD doesn't need to physically connect to the stargate ,they never explain how doesn't it work, but nobody ask much about the subject.

We saw the rogue NID guy dial up the gate when the DHD was inside a truck and the gate was outisde 10 feet away , packed inside a wooden box.

The Puddle jumper and Wrath can remote dial up the gate, the Puddle jumper
    can dial inside the area 51 ,and connect with the Antractic gate in the Antarctic continent(Moebius Part 2 ,when alternate Daniel figure out how to locate the Antractic gate using the puddle jumper timeship's DHD).

Future Cassie can dial up the gate with her DHD watchlike device, but that is decade later the device is probably the Asgard and future tech.
    Last edited by ckwongau; 26 July 2007, 07:01 PM.

I think you stumbled into another plot hole. Maybe Earth copied the remote dialing device on the puddle jumper, and put it on the Odessey.
    Company of Thieves

Daniel: You might want to prepare to return fire.

Marks: For the record, Im always prepared. I just have to push this button.

Comment

Actually now i remember when Sam and Jacob dial into the blackhole in Exodus (Part 1), the gate was still inside the mothership with forcefield connected to it , it was established contact witht eh blackhole before they release into the space .

So the dialing of the gate in Pegasus project was a lot harder, because it release into the edge of the blackhole ,before Sam dial it on Odessey's bridge.

Comment

It wouldn't be that hard, they know how to connect to the control crystals in the gate, and how to control a gate with a rigged DHD. It should be child's play to rig something to feed commands to the gate, and make it radio controlled.
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau View Post
          In Pegasus Project they brought a Milkyway gate to a Pegasus galaxy.
          I remember Odyssey release the gate into the blackhole and Sam dial from the Odyssey bridge.When did Earth build it's own remote DHD dialing system.

We saw Sam dial the gate from a ship with Jacob ,S4 Exodus (Part 1),but that was a Go'uld mothership and i assume the Tok'ra had the remote dialing abilities to dial from a long distance .The motership and sun (a couple hundred thousand km between them).

If Earth already can build it's own remote dialing device, then it won't be hard to build an Earth puddle jumper without ATA requirment.
          I`m sorry but that is some seriously flawed logic you`re working with there. Stating that just because we can dial a gate remotely that it will be no problem to build a puddle jumper is like me saying I can dig a hole therefore I can build a house!
          The remote dialling is not the only component to a Jumper. First we need engines, life support systems, anti-grav, and weapons - and we've got to fit it all into something that will fit through the gate. Not to mention the aerodynamics of something like a Jumper are hardly conventional. Whatever tech they use to keep a floating brick like Prometheus floating in an atmosphere would have to be scaled down to work on something as small as a Puddle Jumper.
          I`m not even certain the Jumper's engines/weapons pods could physically fit into the Jumpers we have now!

The remote dialling used in 'Pegasus Project' must've just been another of those off-screen technological developments. Or if that's too hard to believe - we pinched it off the Tok'ra.

Comment

Working...
          X