This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

earning place in the great races

thinking back, when Thor said that the Tauri were faurther evolved and more sophisticated than they ever belived and that we had "potential" to be one of hte other great races.. maby if we defeat the Wraith we can gain our spot because if we destroy them and the anchients couldnt i think that puts us in a pretty good spot to be "THE FIFTH RACE"
    dude

Well the Ancients were killed off because of the Wraith so if we can "beat" the wraith then we are already better than them.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

no it doesnt. beating the wraith, using the ancients technology doesnt prove anything in regards to becoming the fifth race race. everybody is saying how because we defeated anubis and are gonna defeat the wraith we deserve to become the fifth race. it doesnt. for one we havnt advanced on our own at all to defeat anubis and the wraith. all we've done is find old ancient technology and use it. we havnt actually created anything. also becoming the fifth race is not about becoming a great military power, its about reaching a higher understanding or sense of purpose as a race. we cant become the fift race until our race, all humans in the galaxy, reach some kind of alliance, unity, whatever. we arnt even unified on this planet so it would only be the usa and her allies joining thealliance, not the race which i doubt the asgard and nox would care for. finally, becoming the fifth race is a process that must take place over many millenia, we must grow and mature as a race. yes the asgard said that we had taken the first step to becoming the fifth race but that was meant that making contact with the asgard was just the begining of a very long journey, also jacks "advanceness" is just a step forward, but we still have a lot of evolving to do.

Comment

Thats how SGA will end i rekon (Only affter at least 8 seasons though!). The Tau'ri become "The fith Race", and then another spin-off series called Stargate:Aliance, which involves a high council of the five races, and adventures featuring a team, made up of one of eatch of the races.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibbs7
          Thats how SGA will end i rekon (Only affter at least 8 seasons though!). The Tau'ri become "The fith Race", and then another spin-off series called Stargate:Aliance, which involves a high council of the five races, and adventures featuring a team, made up of one of eatch of the races.
          while i dont agree with you about atlantis ending with us being the fifth race i do like your idea of having an asgard, and nox as regulars on the show. since we dont know anything about the furling i dont know if it would be cool or not to have on of them

Comment

It would show great "potential" for Earth to be able to defeat the Wraith but from information I guess they'll be like the Gou'ald, a large race in the galaxy that will take a long time to defeat
            __

__

Comment

I don't think we can become the fifth race just yet, since we're still relying on Gou'ald tech for the Prometheus. We're waaay back from the Asgard and Nox, it's just that we're more resourceful I think. Plus the public doesn't even know about the gate program yet.

Phil
              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                Well the Ancients were killed off because of the Wraith so if we can "beat" the wraith then we are already better than them.
                Huh? I thought this was just speculation.
                Honk if you love cheese

Comment

i think we are a long way off from becoming the 5th race.

i think that the Public not knowing about the Stargate is the least of our problems when it comes to becoming the 5th race. we still have tons of diseases, hate crimes, terrorism, racism, crime, hunger and we have been basically been ripping off the Goa'uld when it comes to technology from the end of season 1. the only person to have really progressed has been O'Neill. the Tauri haven't really advanced much. maybe in a few centuries but not any time soon

sigpic

Comment

What exactly is the value of becoming the 'fifth race' these days? I mean, the Ancients are gone, the Furlings are Ewoks/ten foot tall killing machines and no-one knows where they are anywhere, the Nox don't talk so much and the Replicators have the Asgard severely under the ****hammer. I mean, becoming better people is a laudable aim, but I'm not sure looking for validation from the Council of Four is that worthwhile. Just look at the council chamber; clearly not in use recently.

Now, a story where the SGC/Atlantis team have to get the Asgard, Nox and Furlings talking to each other again might have some mileage.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Spoilers, Lost City ;

Perhaps we'll be given a chance to fit into the slot of the Fifth race now that we've eliminated Anubis and in a very small amount of time. But I guess whatever we must do must be genuine and done with our old fashion tech
                      __

__

Comment

I think that we will have to demonstrate some suberp quality of ours to get accepted. Look at it: The Ancients built the stargates; The Nox had those floating cities; the Asgard have...well...probs with their clones, but hey; the Furlings?

Perhaps once we rid our galaxy of the Goolds, we could be considered an applicant for the Fifth Race.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Spoilers

I don't think that the Tau'ri's level of technology should be the only factor in deciding whether or not to accept them as the fifth race. It probably wasn't the only factor in the original alliance as there probably would have been differences in the level of technology between the four races.

To further this thought, when Jack reaches the Asgard at the end of "The Fifth Race", the Asgard doesn't mention that he is impressed by the Tau'ri's technology----it's more a matter of the Tau'ri's spirit for exploration, their curiosity, their desire to learn, and their desire to "do good" that appears to impress him. In my opinion, the Tau'ri are much more likely to become the Fifth Race if they continue to form alliances and act in ways that will improve the universe. As for poverty, hunger, and strife on earth----well, they could be problems during the vote for admittance. On the other hand, in order to get into the Alliance, the SGC probably would have to reform it first; the Ancients are "way out there--somewhere", the Asgard have been having "issues" of their own with the Replicators, the Nox have become big introverts, and the Furlings are missing in action. If the SGC is successful in bringing the races back together, this feat would undoubtedly have a positive impact on the admittance vote.
                          There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Thor says that the people of Earth are well on their way to becoming the Fifth Race. Given that he refers to the alliance as a thing of the past, he isn't talking about letting us into the club; he's talking about taking a place in history.

Moreover, let us not forget that Thor himself is at least fifteen hundred years old, probably much, much more. 'Well on the way' is going to mean something rather different to him than it does to a human.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              Vote for admittance? This isn't the frickin' Federation here, it's not about being "in with the cool guys". Look at our planet. Do you think we are worthy of joining an alliance of four enlightened races? I think not
                              Oh my. I appear to have hit a sore point both here and in another thread. Sorry if I raised your blood pressure, Teal'c. Honestly.

I'll freely admit that I like happy endings and closure on shows that I like. But I also COMPLETELY understand your point that there are still are a lot of problems in our world at the moment. If the situation was real would earth become The Fifth Race? Probably not in our lifetimes or anytime in the next millenium. Mr Prophet is right that Thor is probably at least 1,500 years old and that his idea of time is much different than ours----that's probably why he said the promising things he did about earth. One translation might be, "You're doing good kid. Come back in a couple thousand years and give me an update."

It's also true that any member of an alliance should have something significant to provide to the rest of the group. Would the people of earth be ready in 2004 to become leaders in the galaxy or the universe. In real life they probably wouldn't. In SG-1, that's slightly more debatable since the SGC has a big honking battle cruiser, a small group of allies in the To'kra and rebel Jaffa, and a reputation for destroying big baddies and helping others.

So, my initial thought about getting admittance into this old alliance probably was a bit unrealistic and maybe even a bit hokey (and maybe even a bit too Federation-like). I'll cede all those points to you. However, I can't see the show going on for another 991 seasons (or me living that long, for that matter), so I would like my happy ending now!

Once again, I really hope that I didn't get you too riled up with my earlier posts. And don't worry, I don't have any insider information on how the series is going to end and I have no plans to bribe the writers/producers to come to my way of thinking!
                              There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X