Teal'C in "Unending"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'C in "Unending"

After re-watching Unending, it occurred to me what might be one of the reasons while Teal'c didn't age like Bra'tac. It occurred to me that Tretonin might help extend the life of a jaffa even further than before since they do not have to swap symbiotes every 7 years or so. Since it builds their immune system, it probably slows down the aging process further. It is the only thing I can think to explain why he looks so young at 150 or so, and Bra'tac is older looking at 130+, the only thing excluding a plot hole. Any other ideas?

: Green is Good.
    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
    After re-watching Unending, it occurred to me what might be one of the reasons while Teal'c didn't age like Bra'tac. It occurred to me that Tretonin might help extend the life of a jaffa even further than before since they do not have to swap symbiotes every 7 years or so. Since it builds their immune system, it probably slows down the aging process further. It is the only thing I can think to explain why he looks so young at 150 or so, and Bra'tac is older looking at 130+, the only thing excluding a plot hole. Any other ideas?
    Actually Bratac was 143, and also people age differntly. Teal'c is also much more fit than Bratac and the tretonin could affect aging, and since he was younger when he started than bratac if it did affect him, it would affect the aging more in him than bratac.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Taking Tretonin could definitely have an effect. Even if that's not the case though, it would be a plothole I could easily live with. At least he has a little bit of gray now. I think it looks good on him.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Teal'c didn't age as much as Bratac because he was stuck on a ship for along time and over that same period of time Bratac was battling the Goulds and getting shot also he almost died half a dozen times.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
          Teal'c didn't age as much as Bratac because he was stuck on a ship for along time and over that same period of time Bratac was battling the Goulds and getting shot also he almost died half a dozen times.
          That is true. Stress does seem to age you faster.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            That is true. Stress does seem to age you faster.
            Indeed. I already have grey hairs and a receding hairline thanks to my Mother in Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              Actually Bratac was 143, and also people age differntly. Teal'c is also much more fit than Bratac and the tretonin could affect aging, and since he was younger when he started than bratac if it did affect him, it would affect the aging more in him than bratac.
              Yes he is, I just remember Bra'tac saying that in Season one he was, well 10 years younger so 133, and he would not be able to take another symbiote. So with that, I would imagine that not many Jaffas would live past 145 or so, but tretonin changes that. And yes, Teal'c wasn't under as much stress as Bra'tac or fought as much, so maybe that is another reason.

I agree, with the gray hairs and stress comment above, I am getting them too.
              Last edited by Cap116; 25 July 2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                Yes he is, I just remember Bra'tac saying that in Season one he was, well 10 years younger so 133, and he would not be able to take another symbiote. So with that, I would imagine that not many Jaffas would live past 145 or so, but tretonin changes that. And yes, Teal'c wasn't under as much stress as Bra'tac or fought as much, so maybe that is another reason.

I agree, with the gray hairs and stress comment above, I am getting them too.
                Just think about it. Teal'c went 50 or so years without really fighting (for his life anyways). That's some serious time to take care of himself physically.

As for gray hairs, luckily, I've managed to avoid having any. Yet!
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Just think about it. Teal'c went 50 or so years without really fighting (for his life anyways). That's some serious time to take care of himself physically.

As for gray hairs, luckily, I've managed to avoid having any. Yet!
                  Exactly he sure had plenty of time to relax and take care of himself. Mabey he and carter had some private training sessions. As to the grey hairs just wait.

Comment

Exactly he sure had plenty of time to relax and take care of himself. Mabey he and carter had some private training sessions. As to the grey hairs just wait.
                    Hey, don't curse me on the gray hair.

As for Teal'c and Carter, according to the DVD commentary for "Unending" anyways, you may be more correct than you think.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am going to have to check that out now, I missed it the first time around.

Comment

Hey, don't curse me on the gray hair.

As for Teal'c and Carter, according to the DVD commentary for "Unending" anyways, you may be more correct than you think.
                        Ha ha ha Teal'c+Carter Poor Jack
                        Let's see if the old adage is true "Once you go black you never go back"...

Comment

Originally posted by LtGraceCarter View Post
                          Ha ha ha Teal'c+Carter Poor Jack
                          Let's see if the old adage is true "Once you go black you never go back"...
                          First let me say welcome and about jack as to the other thing I wouldn't know....

Comment

So Sam and Teal'c in Unendin? - And people were complaining about Sam and Jack age difference? Talk about robbing the craddle

Comment

doesnt that make tealc about 180 now?
                              Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Working...
                              X