This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Zelenka's accent

It's not very good, despite the actor bring Czech. A lot of the time it sounds more... Indian than anything else to me.

On the other hand, the other doctor who also puts on an accent, a Scottish one, is quite remarkably proficient.

Originally posted by placid View Post
    It's not very good, despite the actor bring Czech. A lot of the time it sounds more... Indian than anything else to me.

On the other hand, the other doctor who also puts on an accent, a Scottish one, is quite remarkably proficient.
    You do know that the actor who plays Dr zelenka David Nykl is from the czech republic i meet him once at a SGA convention and he does speak in more of a canadian accent normaly
    sigpic
    Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
    Metal gear fan

Comment

I have no idea how a Czech guy would sound in English with an accent. But I imagine it similiar to a German speaking English with a strong accent.

Because of this I have nothing against Zelenka's accent. I mean you have to imagine that Zelenka is very fluent in his own mother language and in English not as fluently as in Czech... He isn't a linguist, so he may not be perfect with languages at all but at physics...

Where as Carson speaks in Scottish dialect, his mother language was always English, Zelenka's was Czech or whatever language they speak there*g*
      sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
      Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by placid View Post

I'm Scottish myself and sometimes I don't think Beckett's accent is very good. He over-accentuates things too much. Sometimes he gets it bang on though.
        I don't know what a Czech accent is supposed to sound like so it's easier for me to accept Zelenka's accent over Beckett's.

Comment

Being Czech myself I can assure you that David Nykl's accent on the show sounds well enough Czech. At least to me.

As a matter of curiosity, are you from the Czech Republic or can you at least speak Czech, placid?
          "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
          Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
          X