How to dial Earth fron Pegasus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to dial Earth fron Pegasus

The stargates in the Pegasus galaxy have a different cord. system than the Milky Way. How do they know what to dial?
    "Khattam-Shud," he said slowly, "is the Arch-Enemy
    of all Stories, even of Language itself. He is the Prince of
    Silence and the Foe of Speech. And because everything ends,
    because dreams end, stories end, life ends, at the finish
    of everything we use his name. 'It's finished,' we tell one
    another, 'it's over. Khattam-Shud: The End.'"

-excerpted from Haroun and the Sea of Stories,

It's in the Ancient database, most likely.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
      It's in the Ancient database, most likely.
      I was under the impression that they have the database for dialing within Pegesus and that all the corodinates needed for earth's address were on Pegesus DHDs.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        I was under the impression that they have the database for dialing within Pegesus and that all the corodinates needed for earth's address were on Pegesus DHDs.
        There is only one DHD in Pegasus with a control crystal that allows for Intergalactic dialing: The one in Atlantis.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          There is only one DHD in Pegasus with a control crystal that allows for Intergalactic dialing: The one in Atlantis.
          What about gates in Milky Way Galaxy. How many of them have control crystal for intergalatic dialing? But even though without the crystals, it is quite easy to dial intergalatic with SGC computer.

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
            What about gates in Milky Way Galaxy. How many of them have control crystal for intergalatic dialing? But even though without the crystals, it is quite easy to dial intergalatic with SGC computer.
            We really don't know if any of the DHDs in Milky Way have intergalactic dialing capabilites. I used to think that they all did, but I'm not quite sure, most likely the Antarctic DHD could though.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
              The gates in the Milky Way don't rely on a DHD as much as the Pegasus ones do. Even without a DHD, they're still as good as the last cooralative update made them.

When planting gates in Pegasus, the Ancients probably moved most of the control circuity to the DHDs, which made it easier for them to deploy changes, since the DHDs can be updated easily.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                most likely the Antarctic DHD could though.
                Didnt the Russians have the Antartic DHD, then the SGC accidently blew it up?('48 Hours')
                On off...
                Stephen Hanmer

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Hanmer
                  Didnt the Russians have the Antartic DHD, then the SGC accidently blew it up?('48 Hours')
                  The russians had Ra's DHD.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                    We really don't know if any of the DHDs in Milky Way have intergalactic dialing capabilites. I used to think that they all did, but I'm not quite sure, most likely the Antarctic DHD could though.
                    I think any gate can dial another galaxy, but not with the standard power supply they come with, You have to use a ZPM to get enough power, normal gates do not have this, Didnt they use the Zpm int ep 1, to go through the sgc's gate to get to atlantis, then theres the time O'Neill use the home made Zpm to get the Asgard galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by *RA
                      I think any gate can dial another galaxy, but not with the standard power supply they come with, You have to use a ZPM to get enough power, normal gates do not have this, Didnt they use the Zpm int ep 1, to go through the sgc's gate to get to atlantis, then theres the time O'Neill use the home made Zpm to get the Asgard galaxy.
                      as some else said its not just the extra power needed, u need a unique DHD that has the 8th control crystal as in "home". i guess i'll have to go re-watch avenger 2.0, they had the front panel off the dhd and u could see the control crystals in side, but i doubt they would be thinking that far ahead. also my guess is they didn't want everyone dialing other galaxies. otherwise what good is their uber city ship if anyone can go to other gaxalies?

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                        as some else said its not just the extra power needed, u need a unique DHD that has the 8th control crystal as in "home". i guess i'll have to go re-watch avenger 2.0, they had the front panel off the dhd and u could see the control crystals in side, but i doubt they would be thinking that far ahead. also my guess is they didn't want everyone dialing other galaxies. otherwise what good is their uber city ship if anyone can go to other gaxalies?
                        Well, the fact that the DHD can't produce enough power for a transgalatic wormhole suggests one way that the Ancients could have prevented everyone from extragalactic dialing.
                        Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                          Didnt O'Neill just use extra power to get to the Asgard galaxy, I dont remember him doing anything with an extra crystal, I know he didnt use a DHD in this, so are you saying they cant hook up a ZPM to to a DHD to go to other galaxys?

Comment

Originally posted by *RA
                            Didnt O'Neill just use extra power to get to the Asgard galaxy, I dont remember him doing anything with an extra crystal
                            the SGC dosn't have a DHD we dont use control crystals, but they did have to write a new DHD program for the dialing coomputer to compensate for the 8th symbol

Comment

O I C, I understand the 8th crystal now

Comment

Working...
                              X