Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Irrepressible" Pre-Airing Speculation and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Irrepressible" Pre-Airing Speculation and Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Well, i was searching JM's blog when i found this
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...1st+chcoie.JPG
    Its been out there for a while so I'm not sure its been posted before, but if you read what is written on his computer it is extremely interesting. Sadly the teasers put some highly disturbing hints out at us like
    Spoiler:
    Mckay sacrifices himself to save the city and is replaced by Rod
    . I hope this is helpful and i would like to hear your thoughts on it. The last line, "Colonel your not going to believe"... Believe what? I really want to know.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    Well, i was searching JM's blog when i found this
    http://bp0.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...1st+chcoie.JPG
    Its been out there for a while so I'm not sure its been posted before, but if you read what is written on his computer it is extremely interesting. Sadly the teasers put some highly disturbing hints out at us like
    Spoiler:
    Mckay sacrifices himself to save the city and is replaced by Rod
    . I hope this is helpful and i would like to hear your thoughts on it. The last line, "Colonel your not going to believe"... Believe what? I really want to know.
    Uh....this was JM's joke for April Fool's Day. It's fake. Completely false. McKay isn't killed and Lucius isn't coming back.
    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

ah, darn. fooled me

Comment

lol

Comment

ah, darn. fooled me
          No worries. He fooled a lot of people

Comment

it was quite subtle, looks like it was another random picture of books, and he inadvertantly gave us an opening sequence.

Comment

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious it was a joke.

1. It was April Fool's Day.
              2. JM has never, and I say NEVER let us actually look at a script.
              3. Common Sense.

No offense 2ndgenerationalteran, but...seriously, come on.

Comment

it was quite subtle, looks like it was another random picture of books, and he inadvertantly gave us an opening sequence.
                It looks realistic doesn't it? He did something like this in another pic where he actually wrote out the outline of a fake ep on a whiteboard in the background. Fans desiphered it thinking that JM "overlooked" it. Turns out, all their hard work was for naught.

Comment

first time indepth look on his blog, got caught off guard.

Comment

first time indepth look on his blog, got caught off guard.
                    Remember to take everything in JM's blog with a grain of salt. You never know what false info he might be planting.

Comment

After the reception of the "Irresponsible" and "Irresistible", the writers would have to be mental to bring Lucius back unless it was for a swift killing off.

Comment

Another hint that it was a joke was the name of the French team member Dr. Avril Poisson. In french one says "Poisson d'Avril" when they play an April Fool's joke, or at least in Quebec we do... Not sure about elsewhere.
                        sigpic
                        In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

^Nice catch! I'm not surprised, considering that Joe was originally from Montreal.

Comment

Obviously taking the pi#s!

1. McKay sacrificing himself would be a huge deal & they'd never, never, never release that kind of into to the fans no matter what before it aired! Not to mention the power problems they faced themselves with, as well as Atlantis being in a different position from the last time. So how could he come through if they didn't know where he was. Not to mention why would he come back through!

The Wraith being on the move though will probably be legit though as they'll probably come face to face with the Asurans early on.

Oberoth striking a deal with the Genii, I doubt would be considered because they see humans as worthless. Not to mention the Genii wouldn't know the new location or gate address of Atlantis. So nothing they could really gain, other than promising them weapons or whatever to fight the Wraith if they gave up the Atlantis team if they ever were to get in contact with them again in future. For that, they'd obviously have to betray them & sell them out to the Asurans.

I doubt they'd even consider having Shep & Carter get personal for a couple of reasons.

Next, I can't see them brining Lucius back under any circumstances other than to kill him off. Then comes the personal shield, which of course was totally depleted in the last ep, so how could they be using it again.

Also he has previously stated that nobody on SG-1 had the ATA gene. It could potentially be explained away that she was given it after all this time. Although it may not be all that plausible since SG-1 has been in Atlantis already, as well as Beckett being back on Earth a couple of times since S1. So if she or any of the others were going to get it, then I'm sure they would have before now.

Lastly, the previous poster is correct regarding the name. Poisson d'Avril, or "April Fish" is what the French call April 1st. "French children sometimes tape a picture of a fish on the back of their schoolmates, crying "Poisson d'Avril" when the prank is discovered."

I do like the thought of the Genii betraying them though, then in revenge, the Atlantis team alert the Wraith to the presence of the underground city. They show up in a fleet right at the end of the ep, descending down above the village & pounding away of the bunker with them all cowering inside.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                              After the reception of the "Irresponsible" and "Irresistible", the writers would have to be mental to bring Lucius back unless it was for a swift killing off.
                              It was very obvious but I wouldn't mind seeing him back.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X