X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How are humans any different from the wraith

sorry if this has been done before

I know this might annoy some people and i know the wraith are really evil but i want to get my point through.How are we any different from the wraith.

Look at it from my point of view.
    Wraith kill humans to feed to survive they have to feed or they will die.
    Humans kill cows,sheep,pigs for food and in fact we dont need meat we can all be veggies so we kill but we dont have to.
    The wraith kill to survive they kill because they have to.In a way we are worse than the wraith we kill but dont have to.
    The wraith kill because they have to.
    Yes i know the wraith kill in big numbers and the way they do it is wrong and evil.
    Look at it like this if you and a stranger were burning alive, and in front of you there was water but only enough for one person to use to get rid of the fire would you take it.
    If you did take it that would mean the death of the stranger but if you didnt and the stranger took the water that would mean the death of you.
    Thats the same as the wraith if they dont feed they die and if they do feed humans die.The will to survive is very powerfull most people would just use the water on themselfs and wouldnt care about the staranger.Thats exactly the position the wraith are in.
    Any opinions/thoughts.

That is all essentially true. But are you arguing that no one should fight the Wraith, and just allow themselves to be fed upon?

"Evil" is a subjective term. From the humans' point of view, the wraith are evil because they kill them. If there were a species that fed on the wraith, then the wraith would likely view them as "evil".

So, all things being equal, recognizing that "evil" is a subjective term and that humans aren't really any better than the wraith still doesn't give the humans in Pegasus cause to act/feel any differently towards the wraith.

Comment

That and humans are sentient. You try eating a cow when it’s begging for its life in a perfectly legible way, then your as bad as the Wraith.

Comment

The defining diffrence in my opinion is that we as humans dont have to live solely on meat from the animals we raise. I think its also clear that while the wraith view themselves as a superior form of life, they do reconize that humans are sentient, which no matter how you spin it, our live stock is not. Other wise the wraith wouldnt have human worshipers (not matter how much you choose to deny that one 15 second clip, it's there).

Comment

no im not saying no one should fight them because humans have a right to defend them selfs and i know that a cow isnt as smart as humans and wraith but its still the same.killing a cow for food killing a human for food.but wraith are hated for what they do but they are only doing to survive and dont say that we kill cows to survive because there are plenty of other food's we can eat instead of killing animals.

Comment

if you read the top were i said about the fire and the water and the stranger do you agree whith that if you do you must understand.

Comment

Originally posted by marcws View Post
              if you read the top were i said about the fire and the water and the stranger do you agree whith that if you do you must understand.
              That fire and water thing sounds very similar to what the wraith in "common ground"said. He said that if you were on fire would you settle for one drop of water or take it all. The difference like many others said is that cows,pigs,chickens arent sentient. If we eat dolphins or whales I would disagree because they have languages far more advance then any human language. I bet if dolphins or whales had the abillity to make things they would. I consider them somewhat sentient.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by WGAnubis View Post
                The defining diffrence in my opinion is that we as humans dont have to live solely on meat from the animals we raise. I think its also clear that while the wraith view themselves as a superior form of life, they do reconize that humans are sentient, which no matter how you spin it, our live stock is not. Other wise the wraith wouldnt have human worshipers (not matter how much you choose to deny that one 15 second clip, it's there).
                well you have a good point ther but as far as we know the only thing the wraith can feed on are humans and other wraith so IMO its obvius that the wraith feed on us if they did not they would die and I think that we humans would do the same if we had no other chooise
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by marcws View Post
                  wraith are hated for what they do but they are only doing to survive and dont say that we kill cows to survive because there are plenty of other food's we can eat instead of killing animals.
                  If one day you found out that plants had feelings, what would you eat?

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigFlush View Post
                    If one day you found out that plants had feelings, what would you eat?
                    More plants!

Seriously though, I'm sure if Cows or any other animals could talk, they'd see us as evil for killing their kind. As humans, obviously you will see the Wraith as evil when they come for you or your family/friends.

Put it this way:

If some freaky aliens showed up one day & took your loved ones right in front of your eyes. Then decimated the planet. Is anybody on the planet actually gonna turn around & say it's cool because they need human meat to sustain themselves. Somehow I think not!

Wraith are bad because they haven't just culled people for food, they have also wiped out entire planets. Which why would you need to if you already have all the food you came from. Why the need to destory the whole entire world from existence. The same as when they found out the experiments that were done to Teyla's ancestors, it was only a small handful but when they found out about them, they returned & wiped out everybody they could find. They capture, torture, then hunt people on planets before killing tracking them down & killing them.

However humans are just as bad for some of the stuff that we have done, are still doing to this day & will always continue to do so while we are in existence!

If some breakthrough came out tomorrow that showed all animals were able to comprehend their lives, have feelings & all the rest that we pretend they don't, do you honestly think people would give up meat. Of course they wouldn;t. Some would, but lots more would probably take more enjoyment from this & the steakhouses & restaurants around the world would be busier than ever.

Creating mankind.....God's biggest mistake. Creating the Wraith.....Lanteans biggest mistake!

Comment

The only thing we have to worry about with animals is that they do not suffer any unnecessary pain when killed for food and such. I don’t eat meat, for the most part, due to health issues, as well as I just feel odd eating something that walked around once, again, with exceptions, but It has been well observed that most animals do not have the ability to anticipate death or worry about their situation. I do not deny they have feelings, but as long as they are cared for properly while alive, they're not going to worry about what's going to happen to them later. A person who was locked up in a pen would certainly think something was wrong.

Humans have certainly done some awful things to other animals, though, as well as to their fellow man, but I do not feel they're as bad as the Wraith. Most humans recognise pain, fear, and comprehension of situation in others, and sympathise with that. We’ve learned from our mistakes, for the most part. The Wraith, however, even when faced with the obvious, that humans certainly understand about death, and that draining their life essence is quite painful, and even when given another choice, they still choose to kill humans in a most horrible way. There have been wraith who I think consider their actions, and I understand that becoming something other than what you’ve been all your life would not be easy, but if I knew that would mean a great many innocent persons could be spared a violent death, I would choose that route. Of course, they were not even given a choice, which I think was a mistake, as they can now use that against the Humans. I’m not so sure Atlantis could have convinced any wraith to try the enzyme, but I really feel it wasn’t gone about in the best way, regardless. In any case, I honestly am not so sure the Wraith are truly evil. They care about each other, to a point, anyway, and we’ve seen that they must learn to see humans as nothing more than sustenance, even that some wraith who've been taught this are, in fact, willing to help some humans, at least on the term of one good turn deserves another, but I think there is this sort of brainwashing, you could call it, that they go through in order to rationalise what they do, how they feed, which makes it much more difficult to get through to them overall.
                      Last edited by 1DanielForMe; 22 July 2007, 09:03 AM.

Comment

remembering the fact that "sentient" is a term we made up. Who are we to judge what is and what isn't sentient?

Comment

let me just say something about cow's arent sentient thing thousands of years ago we werent sentient but we developed but if animals were given the chance in a thousand years they could become sentient.

Comment

I see no real difference between various species killing for food. It's all the same to me. I will sound like a looney tune for saying this but I hope that some day technology provides the answer ( a la the Star Trek food replicator devices). I would much rather eat replicated food than eat an animal or a plant.
                            sigpic

Comment

as we all know, the tau'ri are morally superior to all other races, except maybe the asgard .............thats why we ARE better than the wraith.
                              sigpic
                              EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                              -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...
                              X