This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam in more than two movies

will carter feature in more than the two Stargate Movies as she is crossing over to Atlantis??
    I would also like to know where the two films fit into the stargate timescale as a whole that includes SGA so how long after "Unending" and the two films does sam remain on earth before travelling to pegasus in whatever way she does so to join up with Atlantis

The movies take place before Sam goes to Atlantis.

Comment

these may be set before then but will any other films? or will these be the last two SG1 features that Sam is part of.

Comment

Sam's a major part of SG1, so I doubt they'll just write her out after the second movie. So I'm assuming they may only have Carter in SGA for one year, claiming it's a termporary assignment, as that's how long AT's contract lasts. After that she'll probably continue to do the SG1 films and other non-Stargate projects like Sanctuary, etc.
        Last edited by Nikki; 18 July 2007, 09:35 AM.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
          Sam's a major part of SG1, so I doubt they'll just write her out after the second movie. So I'm assuming they may only have Carter in SGA for one year, claiming it's a termporary assignment, as that's how long AT's contract lasts. After that she'll probably continue to do the SG1 films and other non-Stargate projects like Sancutuary, etc.
          In a recent interview AT said she'd do a S5 too if offered...
          But don't worry Sam will be in any future SG-1 movies. They'll find a creative way to justify her presence in the future movies/absence from Atlantis...

Comment

most likely they would have an ep of atlantis that explained her presence in the movie, or maybe even do an actual crossover sg-1/atlantis movie.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Sam is the Worf of Stargate.

In Star Trek, Worf was a main character on The Next Generation throughout it's run and featured in the TNG movie Generations. After that, he joined the cast of Deep Space Nine for four years, but he continued to appear in TNG movies with two coming out during his time on DS9 and one more after DS9 ended. Of the three movie TNG movies that were made after Worf went to DS9, the first had an excellent reason for Worf returning to the Enterprise. In the second, he just happened to be there. In the third, he has apparantly returned to the Enterprise crew full time between DS9's finale and the movie.

I suspect The Ark of Truth will pickup shortly after SG-1's finale, then Carter will go to Atlantis, and then return temporarily for the events of Continuum. If they make a third movie while she's still at Atlantis, it'll be the same thing... a crisis requires her temporary return while Sheppard has temporary command of Atlantis, or something like that.

Comment

Continuum is set before season 4 of Atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                  In a recent interview AT said she'd do a S5 too if offered...
                  In what interview was that?
                  sigpic
                  "A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell." - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Remember two things,

1) Amanda Tapping is in only 14 episodes of season 4 and as base commander she won't be going off world alot. Meaning like Torri Higginson, she'll have alot of free time while the rest of the cast are running around in the woods

2) The Movies are filmed the next soundstage over

The rumor that Carter is only on Atlantis temporarily is due to some people only wanting her to be on the show temporarily
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Continuum is set before season 4 of Atlantis.
                      I've seen a picture of Tapping and Shanks taking a break on the set of Continuum in their SG-1 costumes, but Tapping has her longer Atlantis hairstyle. This leads me to conclude that Continuum takes place after she takes over the Atlantis Expedition.

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                      Amanda Tapping is in only 14 episodes of season 4 and as base commander she won't be going off world alot. Meaning like Torri Higginson, she'll have alot of free time while the rest of the cast are running around in the woods

The Movies are filmed the next soundstage over
                      14 of 20 episodes. She was in 15 of 20 episodes in SG-1's 9th season, yet still creditted as a regular. The six episodes she has off are either to accomodate for filming the SG-1 movies, or the character just doesn't fit into them.

The rumor that Carter is only on Atlantis temporarily is due to some people only wanting her to be on the show temporarily
                      Tapping signed a contract for Season 11 of SG-1. When SG-1 was cancelled, they used that contract to bring her to Atlantis for one year. Wether she returns for Season 5 is entirely up to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                        I've seen a picture of Tapping and Shanks taking a break on the set of Continuum in their SG-1 costumes, but Tapping has her longer Atlantis hairstyle. This leads me to conclude that Continuum takes place after she takes over the Atlantis Expedition.
                        She has the longer hairstyle in Ark of Truth too! And JM stated that the movies take place before S4! So there from the horse's mouth!

Comment

Originally posted by petemoretti View Post
                          She has the longer hairstyle in Ark of Truth too!
                          I wasn't aware of that. Well, there goes my theory.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

AT said in an interview that they both take place before she goes to Atlantis.

Comment

Also keep in mind that she also has Sanctuary. She cant keep doing 3 different mediums forever can she ?

Online Web Series
                              TV Show
                              DVD Movies

Thats alot & I would think Amanda would eventually want to calm it down a bit

Comment

Working...
                              X