PDA

View Full Version : Dragonball Z - Live Action Movie

Kakarot
July 17th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Yay :cameron: or Nay :mckay:

Discuss your opinions!!!

I think there should be a movie of DBZ. Hopefully if there is going to be one it will have the music from the American version of DBZ and not the Japanese or Britsh, not saying there is anything wrong with them just that i like the American version better even though i'm from the UK :D.

jds1982
July 17th, 2007, 12:00 PM
God no, it would look ridiculous done live-action, and they would spend half the movie screaming to power up.

Raj_2006
July 17th, 2007, 02:40 PM
God no, it would look ridiculous done live-action, and they would spend half the movie screaming to power up.

True, but they can always shorten tht, :lol:

teal'c2006
July 17th, 2007, 03:00 PM
weren't they surpose to be making one...... but then it was stopped..

Raj_2006
July 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM
weren't they surpose to be making one...... but then it was stopped..

Ya i no, they can't make up there minds, last i heard it was back to making a DBZ live action film then nothing, no news nothing.

Easter Lily
July 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
I dunno about this... When you come down to it, Drag-on ball is a convoluted video game... Could be good, could be bad. Which saga would they start off with anyhow?

Although I admit watching the Saiyan tranformations would quite something.

Raj_2006
July 18th, 2007, 02:10 AM
I dunno about this... When you come down to it, Drag-on ball is a convoluted video game... Could be good, could be bad. Which saga would they start off with anyhow?

Although I admit watching the Saiyan tranformations would quite something.

Actually it started off as a Comic books in Japan, expect DBGT, then from comic books to a cartoon sersis and movies and then to video games. :D

jds1982
July 18th, 2007, 10:33 AM
DBGT *shudder*, the whole series should have ended after the Cell Saga.

Raj_2006
July 18th, 2007, 01:17 PM
DBGT *shudder*, the whole series should have ended after the Cell Saga.

y? I loved the way DBZ ended in or after the Buu saga. :D. Super Saiyan 3 rules!!!! :D

vark10
July 18th, 2007, 02:46 PM
i dont think there should be a live action, first in all honesty if the producers did do it it would more of a marketing ploy that would hurt the image and story, and second it would be so much cgi it wouldny be even remotely fair to call it live action also who would play who, the character images are so set they couldnt cast anyone

Easter Lily
July 18th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Actually it started off as a Comic books in Japan, expect DBGT, then from comic books to a cartoon sersis and movies and then to video games. :D

I think I did know that it started off as a manga as do most anime series. :)

I suppose I'm one of those that think DBZ is overrated... that's all. It took forever to get anywhere and then when it did it felt like a rehash of an earlier saga but on a bigger scale.
Fusion and Super Saiyan transformations were cool though.

Exiled Master
July 19th, 2007, 12:29 AM
weren't they surpose to be making one...... but then it was stopped..I think it stopped because someone had a stroke of decency.

Raj_2006
July 19th, 2007, 02:55 AM
I think I did know that it started off as a manga as do most anime series. :)

I suppose I'm one of those that think DBZ is overrated... that's all. It took forever to get anywhere and then when it did it felt like a rehash of an earlier saga but on a bigger scale.
Fusion and Super Saiyan transformations were cool though.

I repsepct your opinion. I agree the the Super Saiyan transformations are the best but what went well with it and the rest of DBZ is the music. The American version was the best. But here in the UK after the Episode "Mystery Revealed" it was the british version which i didn't like.

jds1982
July 19th, 2007, 07:30 AM
y? I loved the way DBZ ended in or after the Buu saga. :D. Super Saiyan 3 rules!!!! :D

The only thing I found redeeming about the Buu Saga was Vegeta. I mean Buu turned people into candy, that IMO was stupid.

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 19th, 2007, 12:53 PM
nope.

Raj_2006
July 19th, 2007, 01:56 PM
nope.

nope? No opinion? I wonder if DBZ was done in CGI would you have watched?

Edit: Here is the website where you can listen to short versions of the Music used in DBZ, http://www.southernmusicdigital.com/Dragonball , its the American version. Enjoy.

Kakarot
July 23rd, 2007, 12:54 AM

Edit: Here is the website where you can listen to short versions of the Music used in DBZ, http://www.southernmusicdigital.com/Dragonball , its the American version. Enjoy.

Cool thanks. I've been looking for thoughs songs for ages. :D

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 23rd, 2007, 02:18 AM

I watched DBZ up until Gohan grew up and turned into a crappy superhero, then I stopped watching. My fav series would have to be the Freeza saga, but I just can't see it happening on the big screen.

If it was toned down a little, maybe if they made the plot a little more realistic and moved around some elements(taking out the 'kamehameha' saying and building up the super saiyan form right until the very end of the movie), making it a sort of Highlander/Superman type movie - maybe then yeah.

But if it was done exactly like the series? Nah.

July 23rd, 2007, 05:40 AM
i would hate them to do a dragonball z movie, i think the original dragonball would be a much better movie.

Raj_2006
July 23rd, 2007, 12:39 PM
i would hate them to do a dragonball z movie, i think the original dragonball would be a much better movie.

y would you hate a DBZ live action movie?

teal'c2006
July 23rd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Super saiyan 4 was good as well but three still rules....... I agree with you?

Raj_2006
August 2nd, 2007, 04:52 PM
Super saiyan 4 was good as well but three still rules....... I agree with you?

The only thing i wasn't sure about was tht you can't stay in that transformation for long. Why? :cameronanime08b:

August 3rd, 2007, 03:30 AM
y would you hate a DBZ live action movie?

i just dont think it would work live action, original dragonball was more light hearted and had more story, hence why i think they should do that movie instead, also if that works then a few of the characters would be introduced to do a DBZ movie later.

Raj_2006
August 3rd, 2007, 03:53 AM
i just dont think it would work live action, original dragonball was more light hearted and had more story, hence why i think they should do that movie instead, also if that works then a few of the characters would be introduced to do a DBZ movie later.

Cool. Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Does anyone think tht DBGT was more like a mix of DB and DBZ. Who has the games by the way?

August 3rd, 2007, 08:08 AM
Cool. Everyone is intitled to their opinion. Does anyone think tht DBGT was more like a mix of DB and DBZ. Who has the games by the way?

yeah i sort of agree with that, it had a more similar feel to DB, but the characters were more DBZ like.

jds1982
August 4th, 2007, 09:34 AM

I believe it was supposed to be. The fun and irreverence of DB and the action of DBZ. It didn't work IMO.

Raj_2006
August 4th, 2007, 02:25 PM
argeed. I wonder what DBGT would have been like if it was created by Akira Toriyama? Or what he would have done after DBZ? Is there any mention on the net of what he might have done besides DBGT?

jds1982
August 4th, 2007, 05:35 PM
argeed. I wonder what DBGT would have been like if it was created by Akira Toriyama? Or what he would have done after DBZ? Is there any mention on the net of what he might have done besides DBGT?

I dunno, count his money?

Raj_2006
August 5th, 2007, 02:41 AM
I dunno, count his money?

Ha ha very funny but seriously.

teal'c2006
August 5th, 2007, 12:13 PM
The only thing i wasn't sure about was tht you can't stay in that transformation for long. Why? :cameronanime08b:I always wondered that.Anyone know why? Was it because of the energy levels.

Raj_2006
August 6th, 2007, 03:27 AM
I heard or read some where tht it was because of a rule. SSJ3 is meant to push the Super Saiyans power to it limits it should be more powerful or they should not have tht idea tht you can only stay SSJ3 for a short time. What they could have done in GT is tht Goku had to master SSJ3 like he did SSJ or tht he, like he need his tail to go SSJ4 but with SSJ3 you can fully unlock SSJ3 potenial and have no problems. :D