This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Ultimate Edition DVD

I picked this up for 9.99 at Best Buy and it's pretty cool. Anyone else get it? There is a nice feature about aliens visiting past cultures and stuff, where they interview the writer of Chariots of the Gods as well as an EIC of some archealogical magazine.

The other special feature is a commentary by the co-writers/director/producers - Rolan Emmerick and and Dean Devlin.

In it, they mention the TV show once (as far I know, but I kind of fell asleep before they got to the village). They said, "We have nothing to do with the TV show, I repeat we have nothing to do with the TV show"...

Don't they like the TV show or what?

Which is wierd as the blurb that was used for one UK newspaper to preview Tuesday's showing of the original movie on TV over here started with 'The movie that spawned a TV series...'. D+E have to face facts. the TV show is probably now a bigger name than the movie.
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

They DO NOT like the TV show. Originally, they planned to make a trilogy of movies, but MGM wanted a TV show, and Devlin and Emmrich refused to participate (they also refused to recive on screen billing on SG-1.)
      Rocky

Comment

If I was them, I would also be more than a little embarassed that someone else took their idea and made it so much better on a television budget.
        END OF LINE

Comment

I got the Ultimate Edition DVD last year as part of my birthday present. I haven't really looked at any special stuff of it. I've never seen the theatrical version of the movie just the director's cut.

I just have to laugh at them. If they went along with it, they would have so much more popularity and MONEY! But nooo... Snobby

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Weird, because these guys are obviously proud of what they have created (even though they are a bit high on themselves)..I wonder why they didn't want to have a go at the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Seven
              Weird, because these guys are obviously proud of what they have created (even though they are a bit high on themselves)..I wonder why they didn't want to have a go at the show.
              Sheer stubborness. They had their own plan and that's what they wanted to follow. I can respect that, but I think they shouldn't have shunned SG-1.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                Sheer stubborness. They had their own plan and that's what they wanted to follow. I can respect that, but I think they shouldn't have shunned SG-1.
                I heard that one reason they didn't like the show was because they killed off Feretti in the first episode... It doesn't even seem like they were paying attention when they watched it. Feretti didn't die, he just... Disappeared after the first episode of season 2...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I never do this but my wife was watching the special dvd with the commentary. I was shocked when I heard that! *chuckle*

I think the show is 10 times what their movie ever was! I mean I'm glad that they did the movie because it did inspire the show but talk about having egg on your face!

Comment

Yeah they said Ferreti would have had a huge role in the second movie. It's cool that they brought back the Kawalsky character in the series too (at least that's what I hear).

This was a damn good movie, great actors and a great storyline. The ending scene with Jackson and O'Neill was great. The way Kurt Russell laughs and says he think's he's going to be ok was brilliant. I guess that's why O'Neill is so different from the suicidal stormtrooper we saw in the movie. Daniel still seems the same though.

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                      I heard that one reason they didn't like the show was because they killed off Feretti in the first episode... It doesn't even seem like they were paying attention when they watched it. Feretti didn't die, he just... Disappeared after the first episode of season 2...
                      I heard the same. They had big plans for Ferretti and SG-1 sorta stepped on them.
                      Rocky

Comment

i think it owuld be interesting to know what they would have done with the trilogy. Probably ruin it like the highlander movies, but it would still be interesting. Maybe they can do an alternate reality one lol. Or say the series is.
                        THOR: It was your stupid idea Major Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTroj
                          i think it owuld be interesting to know what they would have done with the trilogy. Probably ruin it like the highlander movies, but it would still be interesting. Maybe they can do an alternate reality one lol. Or say the series is.
                          If you read the Stargate books, that's pretty much the trilogy right there.
                          Rocky

Comment

I have the 'Ultimate Edition' on DVD. While it is does have the best quality picture/sound the movie has ever had, the DVD is otherwise not very "ultimate". Two discs, and yet the extras are that slim? I'm not impressed.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              I have the 'Ultimate Edition' on DVD. While it is does have the best quality picture/sound the movie has ever had, the DVD is otherwise not very "ultimate". Two discs, and yet the extras are that slim? I'm not impressed.
                              I think it's considered Ultimate because the Director's Cut is on there.
                              Rocky

Comment

Working...
                              X