X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith's organic life support system

In SGA episode 1.16"Brotherhood"

One single Wraith Dart were able to travel to Atlantis's planet without using stargate, can you imagine the distance it travel without using the Stargate.
    It must gate to the closest stargate near Atlantis system and then use sublight engine for weeks or even months .The Dart's life support system must be pretty efficient.A wraith may require less warm and less oxygen ,but the life support is still impressive

The X-301 's life support system for 2 people run out after a day and half (S4 "Tangent") , i assume X-302 and Glider 's life support is about the same

The longest distance journey attempted by a puddle jumper using a sublight engine speed was a planet within the Atlantis' planetary system in episode 1.12 "Defiant one",which took 15 hour to get there , a return trip would require about 30 hr of travel .Which is still impressive, and who knows the limit of the a puddle jumper's life support system and engine .

In"3.1"No man's land ,When Daedulas's life support system and it's back up are down, it would run out of oxygen in about 9 hour.

Organic tech may be difficult to use and even more difficult to incorporate with conventional earth tech.But if we could reverse engineer Wraith's life support system.We only need to figure out which part of the Dart regenerate oxygen and what power it. I may it is some sort of organic device which use energy to create oxygen like some sort of Photosynthesis .

imagine the possibilities , in S2 episode "Inferno"the Daedulas needed to take 4 trip to evacuate that many people,because the limit of life support system.An EVA spacesuit can support a longer spacewalk.
    Daeduals class ship carry thousand's ground troop,underwater colony
    Last edited by ckwongau; 17 July 2007, 04:06 AM.

You've got to remember that it was a specially modified Dart, and it was carrying a Wraith, one of the most resilient species we know of. My guess is that the Wraith probably hibernated for the journey, and so used far less oxygen than he normally would have.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      You've got to remember that it was a specially modified Dart, and it was carrying a Wraith, one of the most resilient species we know of. My guess is that the Wraith probably hibernated for the journey, and so used far less oxygen than he normally would have.
      Yup, just like Teal'c medetated to conserve oxygen.

Comment

actually, I imagined the trip like ^'s sig.
        Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
        Check out my Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
          actually, I imagined the trip like ^'s sig.
          lol, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
            lol, Thank you
            pleasure's mine!
            Erratum5.net: Geeks come hither...
            Check out my Flickr

Comment

ok, If you insist.

Comment

Get a room you two! LOL
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                Me: “I just wanted to take the Staten Island Ferry…I wasn’t expecting the extraordinary rendition.”
                *Three DHS guys dressed in black pop out of nowhere. *
                DHS: “NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE EXTRAORDINARY RENDITION!!!”
                DHS: “Our chief weapons are shock-n-awe, enhanced interrogation techniques, and the suspension of habeas corpus.”

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                  Get a room you two! LOL
                  lol

Comment

Originally posted by Argosy View Post
                    Get a room you two! LOL
                    ROFL

as for the life-support, I think it was only that efficient due to such heavy modification.
                    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Wouldnt it take many years for it to go from the nearest stargate which would be outside the system.
                      I thought it was a scout ship that came to atlantis in the brotherhood.
                      sigpic

Comment

The X-301 's life support system for 2 people run out after a day and half (S4 "Tangent") , i assume X-302 and Glider 's life support is about the same
                        That's because it was damaged. The life support would've lasted a lot longer if it hadn't been for the damage the ship suffered when using the missiles to change trajectory failed.

Comment

however the life support system should be way better seen after unending and you were impressed by the wraith life support the oddesy had 50 years.

Comment

Originally posted by genius21 View Post
                            however the life support system should be way better seen after unending and you were impressed by the wraith life support the oddesy had 50 years.
                            That was only because Sam was able to create oxygen, water and food from the Asgard transporter system.

Comment

Well it was latter revealed that the wrath had beamed down onto Atlantis! There4 the culling beam must be able to also beam its own driver! So maybe the Wrath was simply stored in its own Beam drive buffer or something for the journey with the dart on auto, Until it got close to atlantis!

That or it can from a cruiser or unseen ship able to carry a stargate which was closer than the nearest stargate?
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X