This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmed Discussion

Okay, again- I'm not sure if this is in the right place. But I was justw andering if anyone watched Charmed?? I personally love it, I love the sisterly bonds. I love the girl-power aspect and I love that apart from being the most powerful witches in the world...they're still normal people who have normal problem- i.e love, children so on. I love piper and Phoebe I think they're a great combo- and I really like Paige and Prue too just not as much as I like theothers- I think Wyatt is adorable!!!! and
    Spoiler:
    Baby Chris is soooooo cute too! He's beautiful
    Just wandered if anyone else watched it and if they liked it or not.

No disrespect, but it's hard for me to understand how Charmed is still going when really quality (my opinion of course) supernatural shows like Buffy and Angel are now gone. And I know, SMG wanted to be done with Buffy, but I think Angel really got the shaft last spring. I guess it's the (almost) supernatural power of Aaron Spelling that keeps it going and going and going like the Energizer Bunny.
    Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
    O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
    O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I used to watch. The show had potential, but rather then build on it the show got increasingly irrational, silly and boring. I finally gave up watching shortly after they magically (no pun intended) pulled a fourth sister out of a nearby convenient hat.

Buffy and Angel were both definately much better shows (even later seasons Buffy). Mostly because those shows knew what they were about. Charmed on the other hand doesn't seem to have a clue what it is about.

At present it's only reedeming values is the babe-age factor provided by Alyssa Milano and the fact that it's set in SF (my favorite city).

Comment

I catch the show as much as i can to see if its ever going to sway away from the direction its going, 'fairy tales', 'turning into something', 'my baby'(wyatt), etc, which is pretty much all its been about lately, for the past couple of seasons. I'm sure to catch the episodes with Charisma Carpenter, but other than that, sorry i will stop watching after that. (Major Buffy and Angel fan , and WB IS EVIL)
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Charmed lacks everything I loved about Buffy and Angel except for the supernatural demon/magic stuff. Last time I caught part of Charmed, Phoebe was giving a speech on motherhood or something to a crowd of people while naked on a horse with really fake hair covering her boobies. Right...not really appealing to me.
          Last edited by FieryHands; 24 September 2004, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
            (Major Buffy and Angel fan , and WB IS EVIL)
            .................and UPN is right there with them
            Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
            O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
            O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
              .................and UPN is right there with them
              I would be ok with UPN, if only they got better shows, other than black comedies... I mean, they are funny, except that new one, its just that they need something new, other than that kind of gender, to bring in more viewers. Also, at least UPN didn't cancel Btvs, like WB did... AH!
              Originally posted by FieryHand
              Charmed lacks everything I loved about Buffy and Angel except for the supernatural demon/magic stuff. Last time I caught part of Charmed, Phoebe was giving a speech on motherhood or something to a crowd of people while naked on a horse with really fake hair covering her boobies. Right...not really appealing to me.
              I know what you mean, although i thought Buffy's/Angel's supernatural demon/magic is better, because in Charmed, all the demons are 'human' looking, but thats probably to save money, and all of them have the same magic powers practically, fireball, that lightning ball, shimmer, orb, etc, not all of them have those powers, but something similar, but i can't blame them, money is something they don't have a lot of, wonder why they cut Pheobe's powers

What happened to the old days when they were more 'serious' Oh wait, they kicked Shannon D. off , but i know i 'maybe' the minority on that.

Comment

I liked the show during its first few seasons. I even kept watching the show after they introduced the 4th sister; the explanation wasn't that hard to swallow. To me, the show went completely downhill once they killed their only real adversary.

spoilers from the past few seasons...

Spoiler:
                Then they killed the Source of All Evil. That was alright, because Phoebe's fiance, Cole, became the Source. Then they killed Cole, but that was alright, because Phoebe was pregnant with the Seed of the Source of All Evil. Then they killed her baby and practically every ranking demon in the Underworld in one uninspired spell. I let that slide, because soon Cole returned completely immortal and obsessed with getting Phoebe back. But that's when Cole got annoying, and you just wanted him to hurry up and die. Then a weird time-travel/alternate dimension thing happened where they finally killed Cole for good.

That's when they completely ran out of adversaries. Now the show concentrates on Wyatt, and Chris' issues with his family never being there for him. This would be alright, if every episode corresponding with those sub-plots didn't involve the characters becoming Greek goddesses, Spider-Man, and fairytale archtypes every other episode. Now it's just boring, gimmicky, and going nowhere. I mean, Wyatt's a freaking baby. His story isn't gonna get anywhere unless they pull a "infant instantly ages 5-20 years overnight" cliche out of their hats.
                It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

Originally posted by JQuinn
                  "infant instantly ages 5-20 years overnight" cliche out of their hats.
                  If that happened, i would be reminded of the Connor thing on Angel

Comment

As with most people here, I think the show went majorly downhill after the 4th sister randomly appeared, maybe even before then. It used to be a pretty good show though- I still watch the old eps on TNT when they're on.
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

They made some mistakes in killing Cole though.
                      Spoiler:
                      By that time he was an avatar and hence outside of time. So he would never have been effected by the sisters killing balthazor
                      Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

About killing Cole...

Spoiler:
                        I think, although Cole could've remained an Avatar and existed outside of time, he emerged himself into the timeline he created. If he existed outside of time, he would've simply watched events unfold as an onlooker; watching himself from that reality, rather than interacting with it. When Avatar-Cole chose to interact with that reality by physically becoming its Cole, he temporarily forfeit all of his avatar powers and became killable

I hope that made sense.
                        It's a Fargate! It's different.

Comment

The recent Charmed episode, w/ 'another' person/demon/etc trying to get the baby, but this time, they 'actually' put a twist to it this time, which is another predictable event, especially once we see Charisma's character, "the seer", shows whos after the baby Wyatt. I was just annoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by JQuinn
                            About killing Cole...

Spoiler:
                            I think, although Cole could've remained an Avatar and existed outside of time, he emerged himself into the timeline he created. If he existed outside of time, he would've simply watched events unfold as an onlooker; watching himself from that reality, rather than interacting with it. When Avatar-Cole chose to interact with that reality by physically becoming its Cole, he temporarily forfeit all of his avatar powers and became killable

I hope that made sense.
                            It does make sense but
                            Spoiler:
                            as avatar he could have kept his powers, I see no reason for him to give up his powers. He could have just taken Balthazors place instead of merging with him
                            Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

That whole thing is all mest up in my opinion, it was also a stupid way to get Cole out.

Comment

Working...
                              X