PDA

View Full Version : I Miss Hathor

Meresankh
September 24th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Is there anyway they can bring back Hathor, They keep getting rid of all the great egyptain characters....and they never did go in to any of the mayan stuff they uncovered. Part of the pleasue of stargate for me is the use of all the old mythology. Anyone care to rant ?

ibwolf
September 24th, 2004, 01:49 AM
They have to actually defeat the enemy occasionally. To always have the bad guy come back get's tedious after awhile.

NightGloom
September 24th, 2004, 05:17 AM
Hathor was good, but some just have to stay dead. If they brought back old, dead Goa'ulds left and right then it would just turn into a bad horror movie sequel.

aschen
September 24th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Hathor was really hot...but she had bad grammar. :/ I think we need to see Sarah some more. ;)

Ancient 1
September 24th, 2004, 09:38 AM
Hathor was really hot...but she had bad grammar. :/ I think we need to see Sarah some more. ;)
I miss Hathor's cl**vage, but seeing Sarah could take my mind off it.

Meresankh
September 24th, 2004, 07:45 PM
your all missing the point here!!!!!!!!!! I miss the mythology of the characters..not the boobs..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Erik Pasternak
September 24th, 2004, 10:39 PM
All the Goa'uld in SG-1 are based off of actual mythological characters. Granted, they're not getting as in depth with the mythos as they used to, but if they spent an entire episode talking about the mythology behind a Goa'uld, I'd probably stop watching.

Drewbert
September 25th, 2004, 01:31 AM
mm yes hathor and osirus were both very hot.
Didn't daniel sleep with her?

Dani347
September 25th, 2004, 04:39 AM

Technically. But, I don't think he's in any hurry to repeat that experience. :(

Drewbert
September 25th, 2004, 06:36 PM
Technically. But, I don't think he's in any hurry to repeat that experience. :(

Pfft. I would be. Forget the human race I want me some hathor.

Sam & Jack Shipper
September 25th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Is there anyway they can bring back Hathor, They keep getting rid of all the great egyptain characters....and they never did go in to any of the mayan stuff they uncovered. Part of the pleasue of stargate for me is the use of all the old mythology. Anyone care to rant ?
I hate is when they kill off good villians like Hathor or Apophis or Nirti. I wouldn't mind seeing Hathor again and I know my 7 year old son would love it. She is his favorite.

Dani347
September 25th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Pfft. I would be. Forget the human race I want me some hathor.

Okay, but you'd be a willing participant. There's the difference.

Actually, I read a similar comment in the Hathor episode thread. (btw, why isn't this thread a part of that thread?) It seems the attitude is "Hathor's sexy. I'd be thrilled to sleep with her. I want to sleep with her." But, right there. You want to. Of you're own free will, without coercion or drugs (alien Roofies, anyone?) needed. That's the difference. They made a mistake even bringing it up if they were going to treat it flippantly.

I don't miss Hathor. I didn't find her as interesting as Apophis or Osiris. And, the cavalier way they handled things perpetuates stereotypical attitudes about men.

Lord Zedd
September 26th, 2004, 01:25 AM
SPOILER SEASON 7

Yes why don't they bring back Sarah.She is now free of Osiris and she could be very usefull for the SGC.She knows now most of the things of Osiris She can tell some very helpfull information.Osiris worked for Anubis so why doesn't the SGC make an adventage of that.And she can control goa'uld technology like Sam does.She has naquahdah in her blood.And I think there are a lot of Osiris/Sarah fans.Myself included.Perhaps Sarah doesn't want to get on with her live.How will Steve react when he sees her?

Janus
September 26th, 2004, 02:29 AM
Good idea to use Sarah as an information source.
But that makes me wonder, where is Ossy ?
Is the symbiont dead or being researched in some lab ?

aschen
September 26th, 2004, 10:04 AM
your all missing the point here!!!!!!!!!! I miss the mythology of the characters..not the boobs..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In some cases, the boobs ARE the mythology ;)

Ancient 1
September 26th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I sincerely think I might be sorry. I was just trying to have some fun. And ditto on what Aschen has to say about it.

Major Fischer
September 26th, 2004, 02:40 PM
I think we need to see Sarah some more. ;)

Sarah, and maybe even Osiris too. We never did find out what they did with the snake and I bet it was annoyed ;)

aschen
September 26th, 2004, 03:35 PM
Sarah, and maybe even Osiris too. We never did find out what they did with the snake and I bet it was annoyed ;)

I bet it was screaming "NOTHING OF THE HOST REMAINS!! :mad:" as it was being taken out. ;)

Major Fischer
September 26th, 2004, 03:37 PM
I bet it was screaming "NOTHING OF THE HOST REMAINS!! :mad:" as it was being taken out. ;)

With the little snear and :mad: face ;) I can see it.

rmbeast
September 28th, 2004, 04:41 AM
I never really liked hathor very much. I do like Yu alot to bad he is old and uh err... well old acting.

Ancient 1
September 28th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Well they sure did something to make that whirlpool such a slimy snakey mess!

Albion
September 30th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I'm fairly sure that the loose ends on Sarah/Osiris left at the end of Chimera will be dealt with before the end of S8. ;)

Albion :)

aschen
September 30th, 2004, 08:50 AM
You must forgive us males... Sometimes... We get a little rambonxious!

Daniel's_twin
September 30th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Wow, bring bak Hathor. But I think it would be like trying to bring back Ra. Wasn't her body damaged beyond the sarcophoguses healing abilities in that cryogenic tank?

They may bring back Hathor in ideas , you know, like they did with Ra? I mean, like in Full Circle, when Anubis gets the Eye of Ra, and that episode with the half-Goa'uld, half-human girl, with that bomb. But short of that, we will never see Hathor again. :cool:

*RA
September 30th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Wow, bring bak Hathor. But I think it would be like trying to bring back Ra. Wasn't her body damaged beyond the sarcophoguses healing abilities in that cryogenic tank?

They may bring back Hathor in ideas , you know, like they did with Ra? I mean, like in Full Circle, when Anubis gets the Eye of Ra, and that episode with the half-Goa'uld, half-human girl, with that bomb. But short of that, we will never see Hathor again. :cool:

Hey you ever notice how the alien that got nuked wasn't a gua'ld, It was and imposter I tell you, and imposter, RA Lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but Hathor is indeed dead.

Daniel's_twin
September 30th, 2004, 03:59 PM
AAAAAHHHHH! RA IS ON OUR FORUM! In that case, I bet you're glad Hathor's dead. :cool:

somme
October 2nd, 2004, 12:28 PM
I wish she would come back, for at least one episode, maybe a time travel/alternate reality trip. Or a flashback. She was great, and she knew it. :)

BTW what did they do with her ship/pyramid? lol. Maybe Bra-tac lives in it?

*RA
October 2nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
Did you guys know Hathors real name was Sakhmet, Ra changed it after she got drunk one night. No joke.

somme
October 2nd, 2004, 12:48 PM
She's a real party animal. I bet she table dances. ;)

Daniel's_twin
October 2nd, 2004, 03:39 PM
Did you guys know Hathors real name was Sakhmet, Ra changed it after she got drunk one night. No joke.

Yes, I read it from the link you provided in your domain. Thanks! And as an archaeologist, it was very interesting seeing all that knowledge about the actual events from mythology instead of just the stuff from Stargate itself. :cool:

Ancient 1
October 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
She's a real party animal. I bet she table dances. ;)
Last time we partied on her mother ship, she was pole dancing. That was a very long time ago. I gave her the Eye of Tiamat for tip. Yea, I was wasted too.

Ptah
October 3rd, 2004, 02:10 AM

Just a thought: perhaps Hathor is actually an evil Tok'Ra, in that the host (Hathor) and symbiote (Sekhmet) both coexist, but they both happen to be evil. After all, in the first episode in which she appears she mostly speaks as a human, rather than as a Goa'uld - perhaps it is actually the host speaking?

Ugly Pig
October 3rd, 2004, 06:51 AM
Just a thought: perhaps Hathor is actually an evil Tok'Ra, in that the host (Hathor) and symbiote (Sekhmet) both coexist, but they both happen to be evil. After all, in the first episode in which she appears she mostly speaks as a human, rather than as a Goa'uld - perhaps it is actually the host speaking?
Ah, no. :p

Remember, she was Ra's playmate. No Goa'uld would fraternise with the Tok'ra... (That is but one of the many reasons why Hathor was not a Tok'ra.)

Daniel's_twin
October 3rd, 2004, 11:30 AM

And don't forget, the Goa'uld can do a normal voice as well as that Goa'uld voice. Classic case is Osiris. For most of the episode where we first see him/her, he is talking normally through Sarah. :cool:

Ptah
October 4th, 2004, 03:44 AM
I didn't mean literally part of the Tok'Ra movement, but just that she may have lived like the Tok'Ra - i.e. not suppressed the host. I was just thinking about the way she always refers to herself in plural ("we"), and that maybe she was being literal rather than gramatically challenged :) .

And don't forget, the Goa'uld can do a normal voice as well as that Goa'uld voice. Classic case is Osiris. For most of the episode where we first see him/her, he is talking normally through Sarah.

I guess where Hathor is different is that the other Goa'uld who have spoken with a normal voice have done so in order to impersonate the host (i.e. pretend they're not Goa'ulds), whereas Hathor spoke in a normal voice even though she had admitted to being a Goa'uld. Hathor chose to speak with a normal voice even though she had no need to do so.

Lord You
October 4th, 2004, 07:02 AM
I agree that Hathor was probably like an evil Tok'ra (not a Tok'ra, but equal - in some way - with the host). Ever since I first saw _Hathor_, I imagined that her host and the Goa'uld inside of her coexisted. Perhaps after thousands of years in the Sarcophagus, the Goa'uld got bored - and started talking to the host. Or it went crazy and Hathor developed a literal split-personality.

(Note that in my mind, the Goa'uld possess the cognitive abilities of their hosts. All of the Unas seem to have down syndrome - compared with most humans. So it makes sense for the first Goa'uld to want to take humans instead. Furthermore, the Goa'uld often seem to take traits of the host that was enslaved. It is even called a blending, after all!)

*RA
October 7th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Tok'ra = against RA, So anyone who was against Ra is a tokra. So yeah you could call hathor a tok'ra :cool:

Historywiz
October 7th, 2004, 01:02 PM
I hated Hathor I am glad she is gone!!! :cool:

Ancient 1
October 8th, 2004, 02:12 PM
I hated Hathor I am glad she is gone!!! :cool:
Gee...it's not like there's a "Hathor Appreciation" thread.

*RA
October 10th, 2004, 01:18 AM
Maybe there should be one.......

Daniel's_twin
October 10th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Or, not. :cool:

*RA
October 10th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Or, not. :cool:
that was a perfect answer.

Ancient 1
October 10th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Maybe there should be one.......
I don't think she'd get near the amount of attention that Steve has generated.

aschen
October 10th, 2004, 05:24 PM
I don't think she'd get near the amount of attention that Steve has generated.

Well Steve is a celebrity!

*RA
October 10th, 2004, 06:08 PM
sheep

aschen
October 10th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Excuse me? Sheep?

Daniel's_twin
October 10th, 2004, 06:09 PM
I wasn't gonna say anything. :cool:

Ancient 1
October 10th, 2004, 11:58 PM
sheep
SPOPILERS FOR "BABE" (That pig movie)

*Finally looking up*

Baa, baa, WTF? Baa, baa!

Baa, Ram, Ewe...to your clan be true!

*goes back to munching grass*

Ancient 1
October 11th, 2004, 12:02 AM
Excuse me? Sheep?
Obviously RA has lost some of his prestige with the arrival of Steve the Wraith. He is just being a little bitter about it.

Cheer up, Ra. You were the first baddie and I'm sure somewhere you are remembered for it; just not here.