This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peitition for Complete Series Bonus Discs for longtime fans

Many of us have been buying the sets for six years. Although we'd love the boxset, 300 dollars is no small sum...and we want to get our hands on those exclusive bonus discs. I don't think it's unreasonable to try and get MGM/Fox to offer the discs to us somehow. Here's a rough draft of what the petition might say:

For nearly six years, thousands of loyal Stargate SG-1 fans have been buying the releases of SG-1 on DVD. Many of us waited for each season and bought them the instant they were released. With the announcement of The Complete Series Boxset, we were concerned at the additional four extra bonus discs offered ONLY in the complete series set. Us loyal fans already own the 10 seasons of Stargate SG-1, but desperately want these bonus discs, as well. We, the undersigned are petitioning for MGM/TCFHE to offer the discs to us loyal fans who have been buying the DVDs over the past half decade.
    It needs revision, so help me out please. Remember that apparently Fox offered the bonus discs to the M*A*S*H Complete Series set to fans who bought the individual sets, so this isn't a hopeless cause. And also, "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
    Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
    http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Didn't know about this but I'd sign it. Was there actually a bonus disc for Season 8 if you bought it right when it first came out?

Comment

Not that I know of (and I bought it on release date). There was a Atlantis preview discs with Season 7 only at Best Buy, though.
      Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!

Comment

I definitely think the bonus disc should be made available to those who don't want to or can't shell out the $300 for the whole set. After July 24, I will own all of the SG-1 seasons on DVD. I don't feel like buying them over again, just to get my hands on the bonus material.

I would totally be willing to purchase just that disc somehow though. It should be made available to order from their website or something.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'd totally sign, I want to get my hands on those bonus discs but I have already bought nine seasons. They won't offer the thinpak boxes to those who already own the big ones so offering the bonus discs is the least they can do.

I live by M-Theory!

Comment

There ya go.

Comment

I just signed it. Thanks for starting it. I agree with the slim cases too. I wish all 10 seasons will look uniform but I can't possibly buy the previous 8 seasons again just to get uniform packaging. At least to ease the pain, let's make the bonus discs available to us.

Comment

Only 8 signs, so far. Ideas? Maybe you guys should add it to your signatures?

Comment

I just signed it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Do we have any idea what will be on the bonus discs? Knowing that would let know whether to sign/not sign.

Because as it is I *will not* own S9 and it's only a maybe for S10, as I don't see much a a retrospective.

suse
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I would be pretty surprised if all of the bonus discs were material from Seasons 9 and 10. Anyway, signing the petition isn't contractually agreeing to buy the bonus discs, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen View Post
                        I would be pretty surprised if all of the bonus discs were material from Seasons 9 and 10. Anyway, signing the petition isn't contractually agreeing to buy the bonus discs, anyway.
                        Really? It's not binding? Cool! Well then... /sarcasm

To be clear:
                        I *really* didn't like S9 and much of S10. So I'd rather not put my name to anything that says I want to see more of it.

That being said, if S9/S10 were only about 20% of cool stuff in the bonus discs I'd be happy to ignore their bits and buy them.

suse
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

I just signed it.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What I would like to see on the discs is every special feature that has been produced for all markets. The Australian (region 4) discs often don't get things that are on the region 1 version, but sometimes get stuff that isn't on the region 1 discs. I am not sure what has been produced in languages other than english but would be happy to watch them with subtitles.

Comment

That could be the case, and that would be nice.

Deleted Scenes and Outtakes is what I am hoping for, though. With four discs, it's probably going to be a hearty amount of features though.

Comment

Working...
                              X