This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Who Marathon This Weekend

For those in Britain, UK Drama is running a Dr Who weekend, showing the likes of The Unearthly Child, The Caves of Androzani, The Deadly Assasin, The Curse of Fenric, The Empty Child/Doctor Dances and other great episodes (And the Paul McGann movie but you can't have everything)and a chance to vote for the greatest Doctor

http://uktv.co.uk/drama/stepbystep/aid/590081

To Quote Mitch Benn "Call me during Dr Who and I'll kill you"

Awww alas I'm away this weekend. Sounds excellent.
    I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

Ooh that sounds like fun.

Wish there was a channel in Canada that showed classic Who. SPACE needs to get their act together and pick it up!

Comment

Drat and double drat! No Sky, so no UKTV Drama channel for me. *grumbles*

Will the power grid be able to cope with everyone switching the kettle on for a cuppa when the Paul McGann film starts? I wouldn't mind seeing the film again, actually.
        Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 12 July 2007, 10:51 AM.
        "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

It seems the classic Who is on during the day and the New Who is on in the evening

Comment

Woo! Just got my Sky+ I shall record some fave eps! Woo!

On topic, sounds good. That film is the eigth doctor film isn't it? Anyway, this weekend is now sounding more desirable...
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Woot! Now, I wish I had 100 tacos.
              http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=OPKCWs6QqSE
              Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Unearthly child?!!

I thought that episode was lost!! Isn't that the first ep?!
                I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Nope, not lsot. Alive and well, that episode. The second episode (the Daleks) is alive and well, too!
                  Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                  Yes, I am!
                  sigpic
                  Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                  Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                  Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I think a lot of the Patrick Troughton episodes have gone, there's only 2 of him in the whole weekend, the Three Doctors and the Two Doctors, which brings back Jamie if I'm not mistaken

Comment

Originally posted by Reefgirl View Post
                      I think a lot of the Patrick Troughton episodes have gone, there's only 2 of him in the whole weekend, the Three Doctors and the Two Doctors, which brings back Jamie if I'm not mistaken

Yeah, most of the lost ones were Troughton sadly. I'm surprised they didn't throw in one of surviving ones though. Dominators is a favorite of mine or Tomb of the Cybermen was quite good. Ah well. At least we do see Jamie in Two Doctors. Wish I could watch.
                      "There's no point in growing up if you can't be childish sometimes." ~Doctor Who, Robot~

SGA Fanfiction

Comment

I wanna see
                        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

My Sky Plus is clogged up with Dr Who eps waiting to be recorded, there are some Troughton episodes on DVD, not many though

Comment

Yeah, my Sky+ is filling up nicely, too, although I didn't bother with "The Chase" and "The Death of Doctor Who" (parts 1 and 4 of a 5-part story) or "Inferno" (parts 1 and 7 of 7, plus I've seen it...)

An Unearthly Child
                            Jeez, the First Doctor was a miserable old bugger! Did he cheer up after this?

Comment

I have to confess I've seen nothing of it so far, I got up late, then had to clean the fish tank, then go shopping, then watch the Tour de France and I'm now sewing name tapes into my daughter's clothes 'cos she's off on the school holiday next week, but all the ones I want to see are all on the Sky +

Comment

Working...
                              X