This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Costumes

So as I was putting togeather a stargate costume today, or more pointly, I was unwrapping bits of stuff from a package I got in the mail and making sure they fit, I started to wonder what other forum members had done with Stargate costumes, or were planning on doing.

Have you chosen to do the SGC? If so, which mode and how hard was it for you to find all the parts you wanted. Were there any parts you couldn't find?

Have you chosen to do Atlantis? If so, how have you handled either aquiring or making the uniform?

Have you decided to be a Goa'uld? If so, did you go for camp, or did you try and replicate a specific Goa'uld? Why?

Additionally, do you try to recreate specific series characters? Or are you going for something else?

What do you think of people who do costuming at cons?

I'm planning on doing it fairly soon, FYI theres a cheap AEG P90 airsoft gun at www.shortyusa.com It comes with a laser sight and a cheap plastic crosshair sight. But its actually a very cool gun. As for the costume it self, I have a tactical vest and right thigh pistol holster, I jsut need the fatigues/BDU and the patches.
    "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

I'm putting it togeather for a convention which i have to fly to, and don't want to deal with the nightmares packing an airsoft gun in my luggage could be, so I'm leaving the weapons off. I already own a couple airsoft Beretta F92's for living history impressions.

To go with the being unarmed thing I decided to go for SG9 (the diplomatic team). So this is what I got togeather:

- Altama Combat boots (already owned for other reasons)
      - Blousing Garters
      - OD Green BDU pants
      - OD web belt
      - Black tip and buckle for belt (it came with brass fittings)
      - Black issue t-shirt
      - Tactical Jacket (I purchased it off ebay from a seller in Poland, I'm waiting for it to arrive in the mail any time)
      - Dogtags (already owned)
      - OD Patrol hat
      - Patches

I have a couple of details that I'm trying to decide what to do. One is which service patch to use. I'm inclined to use the air force patch, simply because that's classic Stargate, but I own army and marine patches as well and I've thought about using them just to be differant (which is why I didn't use an SG1 patch).

My other concern, though I think calling it a concern is a bit much, is that the jacket, pants, and patrol hat are different shades of OD green, but I'm not worried about that TOOO much.

I've thought about a Promie flight suit, but I haven't found a place where i can order the name tag/wing set in the blue with gold border that the show uses. I also can't find a place where I can get a leather tag with Space/Missile badges as a replacement.

Comment

I thought that it might be useful to people planning costumes for Holloween or conventions if I put togeather my list of resources that I've been slowly gathering over the last year or so.

Stargate SG1 Costumes

Corrections or links would be appreciated. I am trying to limit it to websites that I (or someone I know) has actually purchased from so that we know they are on the up and up.

I also wasn't including weapons because that is an entire other can of worms.

Comment

Especially if Mum's bridge club shows up for a surprise inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            Especially if Mum's bridge club shows up for a surprise inspection.
            Sadly, the SG1 gear was NOT what disturbed them, I'm sure.

Comment

I'm planning on getting a costume together one of these days. I'm planning on getting the following:

Black BDU Blouse
              Black BDU Pants
              Helmet + Helmet Cover, Black
              Goggles
              Vest, Black
              Boots (Need to get those anyway)
              Patches
              Prop Gun- Not sure which type.

I'd love to get a zat, but I don't know where.
              A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Yeah! I figured out the gatelet's holloween costume. He wants to be Anubis (it was either that or a serpent guard. Thank goodness I was able to talk him out of that.)

Here's what we found to use as his costume.

One Harry Potter Dementor costume
                One Invisible Mask
                One Voice Changer

The total cost at the local party supply and costume shop was about $44 + tax.

We are taking the chest piece off the dementor costume and using the invisible mask to hide his face. Found that the voice changer set to the monster setting works good. It deepens the voice just a bit.

The gatelet is pretty excited. I'm sure I'll have to be explaining to people the costume on Holloween.
                No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I thought about being one of a few things for Halloween, in terms of stargate costumes... Argosian Male, SGC SF, or Jaffa. (I have a P90, Zat and Argosian outfits)

One thing you can do is record your voice, then use a program to manipulate, and then put it onto like a tape cassette player... (I make goa'uld phrases all the time, if someone wants to email me a voice clip (less music, the better) and I could manipulate it for ya. ([email protected])
                  Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

Working...
                  X