This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.G.C and the Prime Directive ?

Shoud the SGC adopt a Prime Directive for it's Expedition Teams.Considering how many times the teams have gotten into trouble for getting involve with Different cultures .I know many of these cultures are based on Earths old cultures but The SGC has some major effects on some of these worlds they have been to .

Somethings could be solved if they didn't get involved with any culture just studied them then moved on.But their knowledge of the Stargate does make things different .

they already have one, it's been shown in multiple episodes in how the team reactos to assorted civilizations.
    "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

It was first actually mentioned in Bad Guys that their "directive" is to send a MALP over and if the culture is interested in contact they send a team.

Really weird that they had to explain that to Vala in the ep since she should know about it, but I guess that was for convincience.

Comment

Either way I don't see the need for stupidity like the Prime Directive. If the other advanced races in Stargate followed the Prime directive we'd be dead/enslaved by the Goa'uld/our society "eaten" by the replicators/any other amount of odd endings to humanity.
        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
          Either way I don't see the need for stupidity like the Prime Directive. If the other advanced races in Stargate followed the Prime directive we'd be dead/enslaved by the Goa'uld/our society "eaten" by the replicators/any other amount of odd endings to humanity.
          Well we have gone out and met all of those races. Not many have come here(apart from a few foothold situations) that we had not met before. The only one i can think of is in season four with the cloners - but they were desperate. Sorry, mental balnk on ep name. Mabe 'The
          Other Side'

Comment

Really the SGC has a reverse Prime Directive policy. They go out to more advanced world seeking technology and become involved in almost anything they find morally wrong, even if it doesn't concern them.
            sigpic

Comment

Agreed. it is only after years of that, have they started developing a first contact policy... Heck i wonder if it was cause of the S3 (or was it 2) episode where they got into it with those warring nations where our arrival proved the other countries beliefs were right that it was even looked at to make this.

Comment

I think they always did really, even back with that nation at the brink of war they first asked if they were keen on them coming through.

Comment

Working...
                X