PDA

View Full Version : Fantasic 4 Pictures

bluebassangel
September 23rd, 2004, 11:40 AM
The promo pics for the new Fantasic Four pics have just come out...here's the link....

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=6445

How rubbish does the Thing look!?!?!

DownFallAngel
September 23rd, 2004, 12:32 PM
I think he needs to be bigger. He seems to thin.

Larry
September 23rd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Hopefully Michael Chicklis will be able to perfect his New York accent. Hard for me to imagine someone without a deep baratone, heavily accneted voice hollering "IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME".

Ramne
September 23rd, 2004, 09:23 PM
Hmm... interesting. I was a big fan of F4 back in my younger days, I can't wait to check it out. And I agree, the Thing looks decent, but definatly not 'thick' enough.

Supreme Commander Thor
September 23rd, 2004, 10:45 PM
Yeah, the Thing needs to be bigger. But Sue is looking good... oh yeah

Xenan
September 24th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Indeed Alba looks very good, let's hope the movie will be better than Catwoman

Larry
September 24th, 2004, 06:49 AM
Even though Marvel Comics movies got off to an awful start, the recient ones (X-Men, Spiderman, Hulk, Punisher) have been at least decent to really good. Hopefully this one will follow the trend.

Matt G
September 24th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Yeah, the Thing needs to be bigger. But Sue is looking good... oh yeah

She's played by Jessica Alba! It's a bit tricky to make her look rough!;)

Didn't know Ioan Grufford was anywhere near the Hollywood scene though! How did he blag his way in?

Crazedwraith
September 24th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Aargh, Jessica Alba as Sue Storm? Thats stupid. She's clearly a different Racial type from her "brother", In fact she's also too young her supposed younger brother could easily play her older brother.

I'll be willing to wait and see the film before judging, but I dont think much of their casting already

FieryHands
September 24th, 2004, 12:05 PM
I agree, the casting between Sue and Johnny looks questionable. And why isn't Johnny blond? Maybe Chris Evans can't carry that hair color?

bluebassangel
September 24th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Didn't know Ioan Grufford was anywhere near the Hollywood scene though! How did he blag his way in?

After getting cast in King Aurthur he's been getting alot of hollywood attention.....anyways, he was great as horatio hornblower and he's a great actor....hopefully he'll do justice to reed.....just needs to get past his welsh accent! lol......

Manic
September 24th, 2004, 01:39 PM
I've had a problem with the whole "Alba and Evans playing siblings" thing. I mean, she's so Mexican, and he looks almost as white as Michael Jackson next to her. Plus she's only 2 months older than him, in real life. But I'll let that all slide, because Jessica Alba is so hot.

I think The Thing looks good, for what they can do. Yeah, not big enough. The Thing should be a bit wider, and maybe taller. Evans is about an inch taller than Chiklis, although they probably padded his feet to make him look much taller than him on camera. Funnily enough, Chiklis was much bigger before he decided to play a cop in The Shield. He refused to play the part if The Thing was CGI, though. So I guess that has to count for something, on his part.

I'm not so much worried about Chiklis' accent, as I am Julian McMahon (Charmed, Nip-Tuck). I've yet to see a Victor Von Doom who even attempted to use an ambiguous Eastern European accent. Will McMahon be the first?

Markey2
September 24th, 2004, 11:49 PM
I remember this one as a cartoon, I sort of thought it was ok. Those pictures have to be the most airbrushed pics I have ever seen though!