This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Titles SG-1 or not?

I was glad when the movie title were announced that they were Stargate: Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum not Stargate SG-1: Ark of Truth and Stargate SG-1: Continuum. But JM called them the later form in his blog recently. I know it make no difference, but I just like it better with out the SG-1. SG-1 was the show Stargate is the franchise. I feel like it would be if ST: Generations was called ST TNG: Generations, you know. So what is it gonna be SG-1 or not?

Perfecto!

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
    I was glad when the movie title were announced that they were Stargate: Ark of Truth and Stargate: Continuum not Stargate SG-1: Ark of Truth and Stargate SG-1: Continuum. But JM called them the later form in his blog recently. I know it make no difference, but I just like it better with out the SG-1. SG-1 was the show Stargate is the franchise. I feel like it would be if ST: Generations was called ST TNG: Generations, you know. So what is it gonna be SG-1 or not?
    Not really, the movies are specifically a continuation of SG-1, just in movie form instead of a TV series.

Comment

I don't think it really matters. The only thing i will say is that they have a better ring too them without the SG-1.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

stargate sg1 the ark of truth why make it harder then it needs to be
        Last edited by Adria; 06 July 2007, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Stargate: The Ark of Truth sounds better, and makes sense and all, but from a marketing stand-point they probably don't want to confuse the movie-only fans. Or just random people who saw the movie and never saw the show, pick up the DVD, pop it in and have NO clue as to what is going on, or who these people are.
          Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
          http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Putting SG-1 in there makes it too long I guess, just doesn't flow well.
            Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
            Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
            Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
            --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

I don't think it really matters. The only thing i will say is that they have a better ring too them without the SG-1.
              i agree.

i can't see what all the fuse is about, but it does flow alot more with out SG-1
              sigpic

Comment

I totally agree. Star Trek Generations was the continuation of Star Trek: The Next Generation, but the movie isn't called Star Trek: The Next Generation: Generations.

SG-1 as a title referred to the show. The show's over. We're still continuing the stories of SG-1 the team, but this isn't SG-1 the show. Plus it's really cool to see others titles after Stargate. It makes the SGU feel a lot bigger instead of just making SG-1 bigger.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

It probably won't have "SG-1" in it. Plus, the producers wanted to remove the "SG-1" from the show's name in season 9 which I'm glad they didn't do. As I didn't want 8 seasons of SG-1 and 2 of "Command", 10 seasons of SG-1 is much better. Would they have even counted the 200th one as the 200th if they changed the show's name?

Vala,

Comment

While personally I would prefer the movies to just be Stargate : The Ark of Truth and Stargate : Continuum, I won't be upset or anything if they include the SG-1 part. Not really that big of a deal to me.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I hope new titles.
                      sigpic

Comment

The movies will not have SG-1 as part of the title unless specifically stated otherwise. Generally, when a movie is based on a TV show, it simply has the franchise title before that movie's specific title. Sometimes, the movie's title is the same as the series. Other times, the movie will have a different title from the TV show.

Star Trek's movies were titled Star Trek #: The (something). Star Trek: The Next Generation's movies were titled Star Trek: (something). The X Files's movie is simply titled The X Files (Fight the Future appears only on the DVD case, it's a tagline, not a subtitle). Firefly's movie is titled Serenity, the same title as Firefly's first episode. It's also the name of the ship featured in the TV show and the movie.

The SG-1 movies will be titled...

STARGATE: THE ARK OF TRUTH
                        STARGATE: CONTINUUM

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post

The SG-1 movies will be titled...

STARGATE: THE ARK OF TRUTH
                          STARGATE: CONTINUUM
                          They have such a nice ring to them, don't they?
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think of us know categorically just yet. We'll have to wait and see.
                            Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                            http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Working...
                            X