Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What I don't like about the movies: For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don't like about the movies: For complaints and misgivings ONLY.

use this thread if you don't want the movies or feel that there are a bad idea.

I think the trend of changes is rather worry some and due to the shows decline in overall quality since season 9 and i feel that continuing the show as movies is a bad idea.

What? Don't you get it? There is no decline in quality, the storylines are amazing and NEED to be extended! Rob Cooper and his band of merry men know exactly what they are doing, and anyone who disagrees with them clearly isn't a fan. [/sarcasm]

Sorry, I just feel I haven't been sarcastic enough today, so I thought I may as well throw it all in in one go.

In all honesty, I do think that they should leave things as they are, watching S9 and 10 has not only led me to dislike those series, but by knowing what's coming, my enjoyment of the older series has been diminished. Even the presence of further stories for SG1 taints the past for me.

That said, by beating my head against the desk every time Cam does something stupid, Sam is ignored, Vala is inapropriate for a show that ISN'T (despite what TPTB seem to think) a comedy, and Daniel is out of character, I should soon forget everything post S8 (along with my name, address, phone number etc etc).

Let them make as many movies as they want, but I know they won't be getting my £5 for a copy out of the bargain bin.

PS. Love the signature
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

I agree, I think these movies are a bad idea and will solidify SG-1's death. Actually the last ep of the series that they used to lamely setup the first movie may have done that already.

Perhaps the second movie will be better, but I doubt it as they refuse to look at how their "direction" destroyed the show so I only expect it to keep going in the same direction.
      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Ok guys, we already have a 'i think the movies are a bad idea' thread. so this is for PARTS of the movies that you think is bad, be it plot, casting, whatever (note, respect the cast and crew certainly applies here)

if you just want a 'the movies suck, i won't buy them' thread, head to the general 'the whole thing is a bad idea' thread
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          Ok guys, we already have a 'i think the movies are a bad idea' thread. so this is for PARTS of the movies that you think is bad, be it plot, casting, whatever (note, respect the cast and crew certainly applies here)

if you just want a 'the movies suck, i won't buy them' thread, head to the general 'the whole thing is a bad idea' thread
          Wow this is confusing I thought this was the general compaints and misgivings only thread. We have two of them? I am sure that will make posters that dont like that people dont like things happy.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan View Post
            Wow this is confusing I thought this was the general compaints and misgivings only thread. We have two of them? I am sure that will make posters that dont like that people dont like things happy.
            find out when the thread burns down

Comment

There is a chance that the movies could reignite Stargate, but I stopped believing in miracles a long time ago.
              The drums, the drums, the never ending drumbeat! Open me you human fool! Open the light and summon me and receive my majesty!

Comment

I'm just angry that Fox is distributing the movies. Other than that (and some minor misgivings about what I've heard about the plots so far) I don't have a problem with them. Unless they end up being bad of course.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                  I'm just angry that Fox is distributing the movies. Other than that (and some minor misgivings about what I've heard about the plots so far) I don't have a problem with them. Unless they end up being bad of course.
                  what did fox do wrong ???

Comment

Well, first off, I really don't like Rupert Murdoch, and I find News corp has very very different political views from mine, to the point of absurdity.

But far above and beyond all of that, they cancelled Firefly. Thus, I make a great effort not to buy any product put out by any company related to News Corp, or allied with News Corp, as punishment for that.... error in judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher65 View Post
                      Well, first off, I really don't like Rupert Murdoch, and I find News corp has very very different political views from mine, to the point of absurdity.

But far above and beyond all of that, they cancelled Firefly. Thus, I make a great effort not to buy any product put out by any company related to News Corp, or allied with News Corp, as punishment for that.... error in judgement.
                      so if Fox bought the rights for the stargate franchise from MGM would you stop watching stargate and coming to gateworld??

Comment

I have serious doubts about the storyline for the first movie. I think the premise is completely unbelievable. The thing that drew me to SG is that the SciFi didn't seem that far-fetched because it was grounded in scientific theory, but increasingly the "technology" in the show has become almost as unbelievable as any other SciFi show and SG1 has lost it's specialness in that regard. The plot for the Ark of Truth seems absolutely ridiculous.

Comment

Here's my problem, they'll be too bloody short, hows that?

I demand that all future bloody DVD's from these buggas be at least four hours long, why not sneak in: a prologue of how the Ori lost their way or even how ascended beings look in their realm of ascensions, or maybe, lost battles in which the bloody ancients fought whose its doing something or the bloody other. Fans make these impressive space battle movies which they post on you tube, which takes months of their time and they look rather cool, now times all that by a thousand--- why the heck can't the creators of S.G.
                          do something that cool, be bold! Daring! Take this DVD into an entirely new direction! But not them, the regular two hours of fun, then maybe a few minutes of behind the scenes and interviews, then somebody will talk about from where the show started to where its going...blah blah bloody blah!

Waste WASTE WWWASSSTEEE!!! But then what do I know?

Bullocks!!!

Comment

My only complaint is that I'll have to wait several months before I allow myself to watch them. Until FOX finishes Season 10.

Otherwise, I have none.
                            sigpic
                            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Ditto.
                              Don't green it unless you mean it.

Comment

Working...
                              X