Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient IDC? or tollan style iris access?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient IDC? or tollan style iris access?

so my guess is after the ancients found an enemy in the wraith they decided to protect the atlantis gate with the sheild, i dont think it is part of the original design for the v2.0 gates.

so would any one care to speculate on how they delt with the iris. in rising some one said something like "untill we find other wise we will use the tried and true method for inbound traveller identification"

that to me points towards them finding something else later on maybe a device only ancients can wear that allows them to pass through the force feild, or an ancient style IDC or maybe its already built into the gate to allow people with the ancient gene to pass through the force feild but i dont think any of the earth people with the gene would be willing to test that.

any one else care to speculate? do u guys think the writers have something else in store for this problem?

spoiler for the storm
    some thing that the ancients could only use would be good if they could give all the earth teams the gene, then they wouldn't have the same problem with strong alcohol and weak minds as in the storm.

I would guess that they would always leave the shield on, but have a device that would let you pass through it.

My question is this... The SGA team brough GDOs with them, but had no idea there was going to be a shield, so what was their plan? Did they bring a iris with them to install on the Atlantis gate?

DANIEL (sarcastically): "Oh, could you? I mean, uh, go slow."

Comment

Because they wanted to be able to get back home if they could.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
        Because they wanted to be able to get back home if they could.
        That too, but i can't believe that they'd just hope for the best with their new base. Wouldn't they have to take something to protect the base from invasion?

Comment

it doesn't seem like they panned that idea out well.....maybe they were relying on their weapons store.....a bit silly though cos most of the people are civillians...

Comment

Originally posted by Racer1441
            That too, but i can't believe that they'd just hope for the best with their new base. Wouldn't they have to take something to protect the base from invasion?
            They theorized that there might actually still be Ancients alive.
            Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
              They theorized that there might actually still be Ancients alive.

Yeah, but they took P-90s and C4 and stunners and all those fun millitary weapons.

I just think they have to have an earth style Iris in one of those big boxes they brought along.

Comment

thats a good point,how where they able to tell who is friend or foe when the gate turns on. They might have some built in device in the jumper, or perhaps (as some one else mentioned) a portable device only they could use (only accepts the ancient gene to use).

Comment

Originally posted by AsgardCarnage
                  ...maybe its already built into the gate to allow people with the ancient gene to pass through the force feild but i dont think any of the earth people with the gene would be willing to test that.

any one else care to speculate? do u guys think the writers have something else in store for this problem?
                  Why wouldn't someone test it? all they need to do is turn on the shield without an active wormhole and try to walk through.

the Ancients are probably too advanced to have an IDC system. There's still a threat when the shield is down of enemies shooting through. We've already seen two occasions where shots were fired through the gate. I think they probably have something that lets them pass through force fields.

SPOILERS SG-1 Evolution
                  Spoiler:
                  Anubis had the knowledge of the Ancients and he designed the suit for the Super Soldiers which can pass through shields.
                  My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

He didnt design it, the super soldiers could only pass through a shield if they emitted a specific freqency. Just like in the episode with ryak and bratak were stuck on that plannet building hataks. That planet also had a sheild iris. The tech isnt new, just not efficient

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

Comment

Originally posted by Racer1441
                      Yeah, but they took P-90s and C4 and stunners and all those fun millitary weapons.

I just think they have to have an earth style Iris in one of those big boxes they brought along.
                      Stunners? I haven't seen any of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Fonzavitch
                        He didnt design it, the super soldiers could only pass through a shield if they emitted a specific freqency. Just like in the episode with ryak and bratak were stuck on that plannet building hataks. That planet also had a sheild iris. The tech isnt new, just not efficient
                        No,

Spoilers Evolution

Spoiler:
                        The SS walked straight through the force field trap SG-1 set up. It wasn't a special frequency that allowed it to walk through. In Orpheus the gate used an IDC system like the SGC. The force field was shut down completely when it received the right code.
                        My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Greytop--Think Tasers (as seen in "Suspicion")
                          Rocky

Comment

Thanks rockett, now I remiember them.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                              Greytop--Think Tasers (as seen in "Suspicion")
                              Thanks for the clarification, didn't get back here before now.

Comment

Working...
                              X