Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Season 4 Rumours / Spoilers (One of which is great)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Season 4 Rumours / Spoilers (One of which is great)

We will start with a more minor spoiler......

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423852.html

They have some info saying that they will finally start seeing more of the other ships in the fleet. That was the plan from day one, and was one of the points Moore and Eick made to get the show picked up. That they could do a ship of the week type thing, sadly no money changed that. Now it seems that they might try to do that again.

The SciFi Channel series may be wrapping up its run in the fourth season, but that doesn't mean producers are ready to give up exploring other vessels, with the Galactica crew poised to step aboard a very cramped ship called the Demetrius by about the fifth or sixth episode of the season.

"Battlestar Galactica" production designer Richard Houdolin and art director Doug Maclean took online journalists on a tour of the Vancouver, B.C. sets used for the series last week as part of the SciFi Channel Digital Press Tour, which SyFy Portal was a part of. The tour included a small detour to a soundstage where the mess hall of a submarine-like ship was being constructed for use this week, but neither Houdolin or Maclean would go into detail with reporters on what exactly they were seeing or what the ship would be used for.

Some very observant members of the tour, however, noticed a blueprint laying nearby the construction project that identified the ship as the Demetrius.

The Demetrius, according to Battlestar Wiki, was mentioned in the second season episode "Lay Down Your Burdens, Part 2" in a list of ships providing vote tallies for the election between Laura Roslin (Mary McDonnell) and Gaius Baltar (James Callis). While the existing sets at the time of the tour were not clear on the function of the ship, Battlestar Wiki speculates that the name of the ship could be a reference to Demeter, the Greek goddess of grain and agriculture as well as the preserver of marriage and the sacred law. It is possible that the ship could be an agricultural one, but little information about the particular set outside of the visit was available.
    Now for the good stuff... major spoilers if true... something I was hoping for....

You have been warned....

CYLON CIVIL WAR!!!!

Kenn Gold, a writer for Media Blvd., said whispers he heard on set were that the Centurion models will rebel early in Season 4 against the humanoid models after discovering their ability to maintain intelligent thought has been suppressed. Some of the Centurions, apparently, will have this inhibitor removed, and will confront the humanoid models during a dinner scene.

"From the debris scattered about, the numerous bullet holes in the walls, and the shattered glass of the conference room, it would appear that the Centurions are not very happy about being enslaved by these human Cylon masters, much as their ancestors were enslaved by the humans which lead to the first Cylon war," Gold said.

Originally posted by Oreo View Post
    We will start with a more minor spoiler......

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423852.html

They have some info saying that they will finally start seeing more of the other ships in the fleet. That was the plan from day one, and was one of the points Moore and Eick made to get the show picked up. That they could do a ship of the week type thing, sadly no money changed that. Now it seems that they might try to do that again.

Now for the good stuff... major spoilers if true... something I was hoping for....

You have been warned....

CYLON CIVIL WAR!!!!
    whooo

first good spoilers of the year !!!!!!!

Comment

Woohoo! Civil war sounds awsome.

Is it January yet?

Comment

Ok now *that* sounds cool!

Comment

Cylon civil war, I must say that sounds cool. The robot cylons versus the human form cylons, you have to appreciate the irony. But as they say, all this has happened before...
          Teal'c "I killed you"
          Daniel "Why?"
          Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
          Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

It could be interesting to see if this ties-in with Razor, according to some spoilers on the web, we'll be seeing "TOS-style" centurions (the first models) in that movie. What if it are these models that rebel at first (seeing as they DID posses intelligence at some point, and these very same models experienced the opression by the humans). It would make sense for these older models to rebel and try and "free" their current-day models.

Not that I wasn't looking forward to S4 anyway

Comment

New info!

But who were the Cylons targeting? SyFy Portal dug a little deeper, and a source tells us that the Centurions weren't firing out of anger ... it was actually a calculated political move.

"Word about the existence of the Final Five starts spreading throughout the Cylon fleet," the source told SyFy Portal. "Since they may be hiding among the Colonials, the Centurions -- who are now able to think for themselves -- decide they can no longer fire on the fleet at risk of putting the Final Five in trouble."

Four of the Final Five were revealed in the third season finale, and it's unclear what kind of resurrection abilities -- if any -- these final Cylons have. But keeping a military force is important, and one of the Cylon human models (Xena?) removes part of the Centurion Raiders' brain function to remove that independent thinking to make them attack anyway.

What results is the equivalent of a Cylon civil war, or in this case, a skirmish as the battle doesn't last long enough to be a civil war.

"We're going to lose some Cylons in this battle," the source said. "And I don't mean the toasters. We're actually going to lose some of our humanoid Cylons ... as in lose permanently."

The humanoid models are split on if they should continue attacking with the Final Five in the fleet, and when a vote doesn't go the way one Cylon wants it to, the order is given to completely annihilate three models. Attacking all of them at once, and eliminating their ability to resurrect.
              And Xena is coming back!

There are unconfirmed reports that this episode also will feature the return of Lucy Lawless to the program, as there is some chatter that the actress has signed up for a similar contract she did in her limited run in Season 3. Also, another source reports that a new "named" Cylon will be introduced early in the fourth season, presenting yet another character for Tricia Helfer to play.
              Now she is the one that took the thing out of the toasters brain so they can think, or that she is brought back after the Toasters take over.

Comment

Originally posted by donniepw View Post
                Cylon civil war, I must say that sounds cool. The robot cylons versus the human form cylons, you have to appreciate the irony. But as they say, all this has happened before...
                Definitely a cool sounding idea. I hope these spoilers are accurate.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Wow, this sounds awesome! Looks like Season 4 is shaping up to be the best of the 4. We can only wait and see. I wonder which of the models will be permanantly destroyed?
                  Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                  Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                  Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                  --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Well there are definitely two groups observable within the Cylon, such as when they were voting on whether or not to let Baltar stay onboard. The Sixes and Eights (Sharons) have one way of thinking and the Fives (Dorals) and Cavils have another. The Leobens and Simons much each side with one of the factions. So which three models are going to be eliminated depends on who has taken charge of the Centurions. If D'Anna returns, she will surely side with the Six/Eight/(Simon or Leoben) coalition.

I'd like for Simon to survive because he has had so little development so far, but I think it's more likely he will side with the Dorals and Cavils while Leoben sides with the Sixes and Sharons.

Comment

There was a segment on S4 on today's hypaspace weekly, that showed the filming of a scene in which Lee was back in the lawyer!Lee suit, and speaking to the press from Colonial One along with Roslin and I believe Zarek was in the scene as well. Looks like the rift between him and Adama isn't ending any time time soon if he's not back in uniform.

Comment

Well with regards to the Cylon Civil War i think D'Anna is going to side with the Boomer and Six models and Leoben will join them, Simon Dorall and Cavill will be the ones killed by the Centurions and to remove their ability to resurrect all of the same model must be in a close enough area for the four surviving models to order the centurions to kill them i think it will be D'Anna who issues the kill order. Seeing how she has ordered a centurion to kill her so she can get her freaky death visions. The centurions will probably trust her the most and see the Sharon and Six models as the Cylon leaders after the events on Caprica (at the end of Season 2 - Downloaded)

Comment

Originally posted by Lightbane View Post
                          Well with regards to the Cylon Civil War i think D'Anna is going to side with the Boomer and Six models and Leoben will join them, Simon Dorall and Cavill will be the ones killed by the Centurions and to remove their ability to resurrect all of the same model must be in a close enough area for the four surviving models to order the centurions to kill them i think it will be D'Anna who issues the kill order. Seeing how she has ordered a centurion to kill her so she can get her freaky death visions. The centurions will probably trust her the most and see the Sharon and Six models as the Cylon leaders after the events on Caprica (at the end of Season 2 - Downloaded)

I like that and had some similar thoughts...except for the fact that D'anna and all of her models are already boxed and not available to give orders. There will have to be some sort of story line leading to unboxing them before that could happen.

I suppose we could see the cylons actually deciding to unbox number Three to verify the identity of the "Final Five" since she saw them in the temple.
                          Last edited by Berg417448; 15 July 2007, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Cylon civil war! Ooooh!
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Sound like a great season coming up. Cylon Civil War is a great plot. I would like to know who the fifth Human Cylon is. I also would like to know what happend to Starbuck. SciFi is waiting to long to premier season 4. The beggining of the year seems so far away.

Comment

Working...
                              X