Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Col. Ellis/Shep's record (season 3 question)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Col. Ellis/Shep's record (season 3 question)

Hey all. I didn't see anything like this - hope it's in the right place as opposed to an episode question but it's seems relationshippy to me...so if a mod needs to move it, ok.

If Shep and Ellis are about the same rank - why does Ellis tell Shep that he's "been over" his record (in "First Strike"). What I'm saying is, why does Ellis even have the opportunity to LOOK over Shep's record? Ellis isn't Shep's CO - as far as I can tell they each have their own command...has Carter seen Mitchell's record?

It's just been bothering me since they're both Colonel rank - I know Shep is Lt. Col and not sure if Ellis is the slightly higher Col or not, but either way, I would think that your military record is highly classified material, not that any OTHER person, especially one not in your unit or not your commander could take a peek at...

And for that matter, why is it that everyone sees a need to MENTION they've seen Shep's record? I can't imagine having that be one of the first things *I* said to a co-worker. "Hey Smith, I've seen your personnel file. Boy, you shouldn't have come to work drunk three years ago, eh?"

Well that's enough from me. I'm usually lurking not posting but this was giving me some grief!

Happy 4th to all the USA crowd
    WAMS 352

Originally posted by wams352 View Post
    Hey all. I didn't see anything like this - hope it's in the right place as opposed to an episode question but it's seems relationshippy to me...so if a mod needs to move it, ok.

If Shep and Ellis are about the same rank - why does Ellis tell Shep that he's "been over" his record (in "First Strike"). What I'm saying is, why does Ellis even have the opportunity to LOOK over Shep's record? Ellis isn't Shep's CO - as far as I can tell they each have their own command...has Carter seen Mitchell's record?

It's just been bothering me since they're both Colonel rank - I know Shep is Lt. Col and not sure if Ellis is the slightly higher Col or not, but either way, I would think that your military record is highly classified material, not that any OTHER person, especially one not in your unit or not your commander could take a peek at...

And for that matter, why is it that everyone sees a need to MENTION they've seen Shep's record? I can't imagine having that be one of the first things *I* said to a co-worker. "Hey Smith, I've seen your personnel file. Boy, you shouldn't have come to work drunk three years ago, eh?"

Well that's enough from me. I'm usually lurking not posting but this was giving me some grief!

Happy 4th to all the USA crowd
    I'm to sure about forum rules either.
    As for Col. Ellis, I think he outrakes John. He is the commanding Colonel where John is just a Lt. Colonel. I believe that in the military, it's up to the superiors to decide who gets to see files or not. Especially if it's a special ops. I hope that helps. In the military nothing is personal, unless you're a civy. Have a happy 4th too.

Comment

Working...
    X