This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has REALLY been bothering me.

Humans on earth (us) are the second natural evolution of the human form.

This brings about Two questions.

Why would the ancients travel around the universe seeding planets with a de-evolved version of themselves rather than expanding their own superior version of the human species?

How can all of the races humans encounter, who know about the ancients tell the difference? I mean in the SGA premier that wraith chick was like "Where did you get this device" and i'm sitting there thinking, "how do you know he's not an ancient himself"

Since there is currently no explanation for it it seems like the most massive plothole in the entire universe. Anyone know whats up with this? It'd be nice to have some sort of explanation.

Originally posted by Alpha17X
    Why would the ancients travel around the universe seeding planets with a de-evolved version of themselves rather than expanding their own superior version of the human species?
    Perhaps because they seeded the worlds after realizing that their own race was going to die eventually from the plague?

How can all of the races humans encounter, who know about the ancients tell the difference? I mean in the SGA premier that wraith chick was like "Where did you get this device" and i'm sitting there thinking, "how do you know he's not an ancient himself"
    Because the Wraith hadn't seen an Ancient in a very long time and Sheppard appeared to her to be just another one of their herds who had probably stumbled on an old stockpile of ancient technology.

Comment

Ah... but.. when they left to escape the plague.... to like a totally new area that didn't have it, i'd figure they would just populate it with themselves since they didn't have to worry about it anymore, assumedly anyways.

I"m still iffy on the second one, I mean they were clearly above the mud hut farmers she is probably used to picking on But you do make a valid point that I can't argue worth anything. *shifty eyes*

Comment

[QUOTE]

This brings about Two questions.

Good question! I'm really hoping that this is an intentional thing on the PTB's part, a mystery to be solved as the seasons "evolve," because it really is a biggie.

Here's my offer of
        some sort of explanation
        I figured that it was SG-A team's lack of telepathic skills that gave them away. We saw right off the bat that the Ancients had telepathic skills, and the Wraith seem to have some sort of telepathy. (Do they or am I imagining this? I've only ever seen the eps once, on squinty, so I know I have missed stuff.)
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

The Wraith have some form of telepathy but the Ancients didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
            The Wraith have some form of telepathy but the Ancients didn't.
            Really?!?

I thought that Ancient Sir and Madam were doing the silent communication thing at the opening scene in Rising.

No?
            Gracie

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              Really?!?

I thought that Ancient Sir and Madam were doing the silent communication thing at the opening scene in Rising.

No?
              It thought that they were just having a 'moment'.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                That was my interpretation of what they were doing.

Comment

Apart from it being a matter of not having to do expensive makeup on all the aliens it´s possible that the Ancients weren´t a benevolent race but where in fact seeding these planets in hope that lesser beings would evolve that they could then use as cheap slave labor.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                    Apart from it being a matter of not having to do expensive makeup on all the aliens it´s possible that the Ancients weren´t a benevolent race but where in fact seeding these planets in hope that lesser beings would evolve that they could then use as cheap slave labor.
                    Ah, yes, often we fall into the trap of thinking that advanced tech makes one morally advanced, too, but the fact is, somebody has to, 1)mine the raw materials, 2)manufacture, 3)deliver, 4)install, and 5) maintain all those nifty gadgets.

Why, there were probably entire planets of lower caste humans serving as AT(Ancient Tech) call-centers.
                    Gracie

Comment

... it´s possible that the Ancients weren´t a benevolent race but where in fact seeding these planets in hope that lesser beings would evolve that they could then use as cheap slave labor.
                      I could easily see this. The Ascended Ancients, with the exception of Orin, don't seem to care at all about anyone but themselves and their own rules of glory tentically energy being society.

And before anyone says Oma... just you wait.

Comment

What bothers me is where is everyone getting that the "plague" was a virus? Did anyone ever say that on the show? The Wraith fit the definition to me.

Comment

Originally posted by aeroe
                          What bothers me is where is everyone getting that the "plague" was a virus? Did anyone ever say that on the show? The Wraith fit the definition to me.
                          I was under the impression that the plague began before they went to Pegesus, and that they traveled there to escape it. That would explain why they were also researching ascension there. The ancients were going along many different routes to try and survive as a species/society.

Comment

But weren't the ancients a part of the 4 race alliance back in the Sol system that kept the gou'ld from opressing other races? It is a definate possibility though, i can't argue against that and if it proved to be true it would be very interesting plotwise.

Comment

But weren't the ancients a part of the 4 race alliance back in the Sol system that kept the gou'ld from opressing other races? It is a definate possibility though, i can't argue against that and if it proved to be true it would be very interesting plotwise.
                              Ah, I wasn't aware that the alliance of four races had anything to do with the goa'uld at all. The Goa'uld are late comers, and arrived after the Alliance had fallen from activity.

Comment

Working...
                              X