X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Question

i jus recently watchd the orginal stargate movie
    and a question popped into my mind

when they get the gate to run for the first time, they send in the probe. when the probe reaches its destination which is abydos they say that probe was in the KALIUM( prob rong spelling) galaxy.

now for my understandin in the tv series which i kno is jus slightly different. they say to go between galaxies for example the pegasus and milky way u need extreme power to establish a wormhole. which is why the ZPMs are used.

but the mere fact they visited abydos without a ZPM in the tv series puzzles me. when infact u wud need a ZPM

anyone have any views

The simple answer... ignore details that conflict with the series.

When they made Stargate, they didn't have a tv show in mind. When they made the tv show, they changed small details to better suit a continuing series.

Basically, you can watch Stargate two ways.

1) Watch a cool movie.

2) Watch a cool movie, ignoring elements that contradict the series (i.e. Kalium Galaxy, Ra's true form).

As far as the television canon goes, #2 is the way to go. But in the end, it really doesn't matter as long as you know what's what.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

If you go look up "Kaliem Galaxy" in the Omnipedia you will see that they patched up this plot hole by claiming that the original dialing data was totally messed up and the initial sensor readings were totally off until they could correct the calculations using the information from the Cartouche on Abydos.

Originally posted by Omnipedia

KALIEM GALAXY:

Original location where the planet Abydos was believed to reside following the initial reopening of the Stargate in the mid 1990's.

Since steller drift and planetary shift calculations have since been added to the dialing computer, it has been determined that Abydos does, indeed, reside in our own Milky Way, and at relatively close proximity to Earth, along with Heliopolis.

Comment

Working...
      X