This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Idea For A Stargate SG:1 Novel!

Well, recently I have been thinking of writing a SG:1 novel. And after many days of debating whether or not it would be worth my time I have come to the conclusion that if I try hard enough I can accomplish this goal. Though I believe it will not be easy on my part. I believe the essence of Stargate relies on the characters and the dialogue. Portraying the SG:1 team correctly is the most important factor. If I can't pull that off than the novel isn't even worth finishing.

But to put all that aside I would like to give you guys a rough version of the plotline. Which WILL change. But the basics are here for you to see. Please give feedback.

The novel has no title as of yet, but it deals with a new form of Goa'uld. A race of Goa'uld that has evolved from a result of where they are located much quicker. And by evolve I mean biologically and physically. Not technological wise. Although they still contain the qualities of the norm of Goa'ulds. Characteristics and such are still in tact.

This race will run across the Asgard. And will be strong enough to actually take the Asgard as hosts. After gaining the knowledge they plan to control the galaxy- of course. But they work more secretively. They never leave marks of entry and they do not ever use their darker voice. They learn of the people from planet Earth and realize the affect the SGC has had on the system lords and their successful encounters with the other Goa'uld. So they think of a plan to infiltrate Earth by taking control of the Tok'ra that still exist and from there on the SGC has to save the Asgard from this new Goa'uld. I plan to involve more than one race, including the enemy of the Asgard the replicators. And of course the rebellion Jaffa will have a role in the fight. But basically a full scale war will take place between the SGC and the system lords (It will be brought on by the NEW Goa'uld as a trick.)

Some ideas that are being brainstormed is that the Humans are fooled to believe they have been given a technology strong enough to destroy the Goa'uld but actually do not and basically it is just chaos. That is how the new race of Goa'uld take control.

I will develop this idea much more, it will just take me more time.

What you guys think?
    Last edited by Shivan; 22 September 2004, 03:58 PM.

Last time I double posted to ask why no one was responding I was bashed for being rude...

Yet I still do not understand why someplace that has so many people on it at once can have a thread go unresponded for a full day. Longer actually.

This place has more people than the other boards I post at and I get faster responses.

Does no one here read books?

Comment

It looks interesting.

All i can say is write it.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shivan
        Last time I double posted to ask why no one was responding I was bashed for being rude...

Yet I still do not understand why someplace that has so many people on it at once can have a thread go unresponded for a full day. Longer actually.

This place has more people than the other boards I post at and I get faster responses.

Does no one here read books?
        I think that the Fan Fiction section probably get's a lot less attention then most others.

As for your idea... It's certainly a big and elaborate set up. Have you written much (if any) fan fiction (or any fiction)? The reason I ask is that I've written a bit myself and the story you outlined (if written as a novel) is a major undertaking. If you haven't written much before then I'd suggest writing some shorter works before you get to the big one.

Writing short stories helps you develop your writing style and you can also familiarize yourself with the characters (assuming you are writing SG-1 fan fiction).

Of course if you have written a bunch of stuff then you know what you are getting yourself into. In that case, best of luck to you.

Comment

I've written some but am still fairly new to writing. Some short stories and a start on a novel is what I've done so far.

Thanks for the help, I think I'll start small, but I still want to do SG:1 fan fiction, of course!

Comment

It sounds like a pretty ambitious undertaking, but the idea sounds good. Good luck.
            sum ergo cogitum
            I am therefore I think.

Comment

http://www.nanowrimo.org/index.php take a look at this site. and i think the resone no one respondedwas because you have a long post. I know i have looked at threads with a very long first post and just said forget it i don't feel like reading that much right now.

I to have been thinkg about writing a sg1 novel mine is very differnt though.
              -----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
              GS/CS/CC>D?S++:+A----C++++U?P?L+!EW++(+)N-O?K?W---O?
              M+@V?PS+PE--YPGP!T!5!XR+>TV++B+++(++)DI+D-GE-H!R---Y?
              ------END GEEK CODE BLOCK------
              geekcode

Comment

go for it Shivvy! if it doesn't turn out...dont worry, count it as a learning experience and use the good parts as plot devices for future fanfic.

(i'm toying with a fanfic idea myself....its my first ever fanfic, hence I am a little anxious.....)

sooo gotta link it when ur done. I wants to read the precioussssss..........

courtesy of wirthless

Comment

shivan, go for it,i don't know whether there are any books in britain so when you write it, make sure some are distributed here!

Comment

Working...
                  X