Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daedalus and Apollo 'confirmation' (Unending and Atlantis s4 spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus and Apollo 'confirmation' (Unending and Atlantis s4 spoilers)

Robert C. Cooper has confirmed in his recent interview with Gateworld that the technology gained from the Asgard in Unending, and specifically the weapons technology, will be making it's way to the Daedalus and Apollo, and any other Earth ships that will be built.

"I mean, look -- what it comes down to for a lot of fans is lasers! Really, let's be real about this. Everybody thought, "Wow! The Odyssey finally has laser weapons. Cool! Are all the ships going to have laser weapons?" Eventually, yeah, we're going to move that technology into the other Earth ships."

This ties in with spoilers for 'Be all my sins remember'd', the 11th episode of Atlantis 4th season.

"The Daedalus and Apollo, two of Earth's battlecruisers, orbit the planet over Atlantis. On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod's former work station. As she reviews some recent modifications to the ship, Colonel Caldwell engages her in conversation."

So atleast now we have some idea of what we will be getting in the upgrades for the Daedalus and Apollo

That's pretty cool, though couldn't they go and destroy the entire Wraith fleet now between them. Is then any nes on weather the SCG sets are still intact and being used in Atlantis?

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Robert C. Cooper has confirmed in his recent interview with Gateworld that the technology gained from the Asgard in Unending, and specifically the weapons technology, will be making it's way to the Daedalus and Apollo, and any other Earth ships that will be built.

"I mean, look -- what it comes down to for a lot of fans is lasers! Really, let's be real about this. Everybody thought, "Wow! The Odyssey finally has laser weapons. Cool! Are all the ships going to have laser weapons?" Eventually, yeah, we're going to move that technology into the other Earth ships."

This ties in with spoilers for 'Be all my sins remember'd', the 11th episode of Atlantis 4th season.

"The Daedalus and Apollo, two of Earth's battlecruisers, orbit the planet over Atlantis. On board the Daedalus, Colonel Carter is working at the Asgard Hermiod's former work station. As she reviews some recent modifications to the ship, Colonel Caldwell engages her in conversation."

So atleast now we have some idea of what we will be getting in the upgrades for the Daedalus and Apollo
      It is implied to some people but, the Daedalus class ships might lack the technological superiority of the odyssey because they do not have the Asgard PowerCore.

He may also be talking about adding the design of "laser weapons" in to better and more advance ships.(not daedalus class.)
      sigpic
      i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

The Asgard designed the database in order for humans to be able to understand and build the technology.

Vala,

Comment

I know tptb want us to get into lots of trubble and stuff. Otherwise its herder to make good episodes. But after ten years I think we deserve something like this that we can keep. Afterall the Asgard did spend their last year designing an effective delivery system.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
            I know tptb want us to get into lots of trubble and stuff. Otherwise its herder to make good episodes. But after ten years I think we deserve something like this that we can keep. Afterall the Asgard did spend their last year designing an effective delivery system.
            Agreed!

Though i dont think we will see any big changes in both Apollo and Daedalus, due to our lack of understanding and building equipment to make another o'neill class or daniel jackson class ship it would probably take them maybe a few years or a few months to get the hang of the technology.

I saw a picture in JM blog a few weeks ago that looked awfully like a new rail gun design, assuming it is fitted on both the apollo and daedalus as a new weapon.

Though hoping from the asgard knowledge base, i hope we learn to get rid of the instability or at least learn when the instability of naquaria(sp?) would occur. that way we can modify our own shield generation and also maybe increase the speed of the asgard hyperdrive maybe to a stardrive

PS: anybody know the difference between a hyperdrive and a stardrive? Also uhh whats the time slot between atlantis and sg1 i heard it was like around one week

Comment

if The Apollo and The Daedalus Got the new asguard tech the wraith wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell

Comment

Well im sure next season they will come up with the energy weapons on the daedalus and apollo arnt as powerful because they dont have a zpm, because we could easily defeat wraith hive ships in 1on1's or 1on3's lol

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                  It is implied to some people but, the Daedalus class ships might lack the technological superiority of the odyssey because they do not have the Asgard PowerCore.

He may also be talking about adding the design of "laser weapons" in to better and more advance ships.(not daedalus class.)
                  Watch what was said in the episode!

Their was nothing about powercores or anything in the episode. When they refer to the word core, it's in reference to the new 'Computer Core' that they installed, which had it's own power source, that wouldn't take anything away from the ZPM. No references to it were made which implied the power source of the new computer was powering anything else.

What they don't have is ZPM's that will most certainly be powering the new energy weapons & any of the other major systems in the ship.

So the lack of ZPM may indeed take some power away from the weapons hits, however since the Wraith ships are unshielded, there really shouldn't be any problems in taking them out. A single Naquadah generator was enough to power the sat weapons platform seen in 'The Siege I'. So I have no doubt a 304 would be able to use them as is. It may not have enough juice to take out an Asuran shielded target, but Wraith shouldn't really provide much troubles for them.

That's pretty cool, though couldn't they go and destroy the entire Wraith fleet now between them. Is then any nes on weather the SCG sets are still intact and being used in Atlantis?
                  They'd need a few more 304's in order to take all of the Wraith out, especially since the Hives usually travel in larger groups together.

However, the main thing here is that the Wraith aren't the main threat. As of now they are contained in Pegasus fighting each other, they aren't going anywhere soon. However the Asurans can go to Earth or anywhere else whenever they want. They have uber powerful warships, Drones, ZPM's, weapons, cloaks & all the rest. With their full force, they would be virtually unstoppable. So do you think it's a good idea to waste resources on taking out the Wraith, while letting the Asurans plan & develop their ships that will allow them to take out Earth & the human race.

The 'only' true military strategy is to get the Wraith fighting the Asurans. They'd be able to inflict serious damage upon them, more than Earth could. Making it easier for Earth to eventually take the Asurans out when the time was right. The other bonus of this strategy was that after the Asurans were gone, the Wraith ship numbers would be severely diminished. Making it wasier to wipe them out aftwerwards.

So while they may get energy weapons that allow them to destroy the Wraith ships, they don't have enough 304's to take them all out. If those ships were engaging the Wraith, then there would be no resources left to battle the Asurans. So while they could potentially battle the Wraith, they now have bigger fish to fry in the shape of the Asurans.

Comment

I find it funny , that just when Earth finally able to built energy (S10 "Bounty")
                    the Asgard decide to give us everything.

It took Earth 10 yr to reverse energy Goa'ld energy weapon, and remember the Tollan ionic cannon, a few yr ago(S5 Between Two Fires) Sam said it was too advance for Earth to reverse engineer even if they get one.

The length of time between S10 SG1 and S4 SGA, i mean after S10 and two TV movies later , Sam join S4 SGA.

I am sure the Asgard computer core must have enough information like "How to build an Advance Asgard energy weapon for Earth dummy"

What about the Earth Energy weapon (Dr Felger's energy weapon S7 Avenger 2.0, and S10 "Bounty), after all the work , are they even going to produce it.

The weapon system on Daedulas ship should be like
                    keep some of the railgun ,as light level weapon but it can fire quickly against mass number of enemy like hundred's of Warth darth.

add some of Dr Felger's energy weapon as medium level weapon

Keep some missile as ground attack ,bombing mission and /or delivering vehicle for nuclear war head against low tech enemy (without ability to intercept missile)

And use the Asgard advance weapon as the main and last weapon against high tech enemy .You can't use them too much or it drain the ship's power supply

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                      if The Apollo and The Daedalus Got the new asguard tech the wraith wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell
                      But remember, The Apollo and the Daedalus lack ZPM's and as such the asgard weapons won't have the same punch the ones on the Odyssey had.

They'll still make the Daedalus class ships a bigger thorn in the side of the hive ships and cruisers.

Comment

But since the Asgard database contains everything, shouldn't it have something on building power generators? Not to mention, the SGC can probably copy the power generator in the computer core and modify it to power a Daedalus class ship.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          But since the Asgard database contains everything, shouldn't it have something on building power generators? Not to mention, the SGC can probably copy the power generator in the computer core and modify it to power a Daedalus class ship.

Vala,
                          It is a lot easier now. The SGC has a now a technology that can build another technology by using both the beaming tech at the computer core..The can used this technology to replicate the new weapons that the SGC aquired. But i think it it would take long to replicate more complicated technologies and may have some limitations on what level of technolgy it can replicate.

Comment

Originally posted by Davesg-43 View Post
                            I wonder if the Ships will keep they Rail Guns and Mark III and IX Nuke. How else would they be albe to stop a large wave to Darts without Nukes & Rail Guns?

If you ask me the Apollo and Daedalus should stay just the way they are. It's be said before but we will be far be powerfull. I'm hoping that the upgards will happen in Session 7/8 near the End of SG-1 Atalntis??

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

As we have been told Asgard technology relys on neutronium so I think we need to find a good supply of it first.
                              sigpic
                              "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                              Signature made by RJB

Comment

Working...
                              X