This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what ever will they wear - our atlantian heros have no new clothes

the clothes we humans wear today, and in atlantis require quite a lot of industrial infrastructure.

for clothing with synthetic fabrics - look on your wash label - it will likey have a high amount of polyester in it:

you need crude oil,
    a refinary
    and from the refinary you have some process that makes clothes.

In real life - working on a job day in day out, washing the clothes, wearing them out - means you get a new set every year normally.

Our atlantian heros are so far cut off from earth - they may not have brought with them years worth of replacement uniforms so will either have to become thread bared and patched up with local fabrics or maybe - SG:A team will start looking like the mudhut types the saw in the first episode?

otherwise they need to agree to trade with some other world that is able to produce replacement uniforms. Amunition might not be a problem though at least - it seems many are using the same convergent designs.

Maybe the Ancients have a washing machine that can mend broken buttons, and stitch loose seams.

I mean, come on, They are MILLIONS of years more advanced than us. I wouldn't be shocked if they had washing machines that could repair clothing.
    sigpic

Comment

well, even more mundane issue of food isnt sorted out yet.

Comment

Not to mention that my bet is that they'll have regular supplies by season 2

Comment

Yeah... I'm seriously hoping the whole trapped thing doesn't last, and that very soon they'll have a constant connection to Earth... after all, once SG-1 ends, we're going to be begging for crossover eps.
          Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

it would be cool if SG1 ends and it ends like this:

baal conquers earth and only atlantis remains as an outpost of earths sort of former freedom.

then they've got two missions - stop the wraith and liberate earth.

all by themselves.

Comment

That would be cool, but I would like to see the following:

1. SG-1 ends in a blaze of glory.

2. Another spinoff is planned, and a two year (approximatelly) gap is in place so it can be cast, sets can be built, etc.

3. A flim is made which not only promotes the Atlantis series, but kicks off the new spinoff.

4. Spinoff starts and runs side-by-side with atlantis.

Ideas for new spinoff? It could be based on the prometheus (or another similar ship), sg-1 retires and we follow a new team (with occasional cameos), or yet another "new universe, new enemy" scenareo.

Ooh, HERE IS AN IDEA!!!

A group of ancients descend and try to restore order to the milky way. The series follows their (mis)adventures as they attempt to do this. We see how they are received, and on occasion, the ascended step in to lend a hand. Oh, and these guys are friggin smart. They always seem to find extremely clever, but ironically, LOW TECH ways of solving problems. And they have the powers of the ancients. The ability to heal, use any ancient tech they find, and a few other things we don't even know about yet.

What do you guys think? Really, anything the stargate team does I will be thrilled to watch just because I have enough confidence in them. My expectations are high no matter what the premise.
              We are the ori. You will be assymilated. Resistance is futile.

Comment

Interesting ideas. I personally would like to see some living breathing non ascended ancients that don't immediately die of the plague, or appear as a result of time travel. I mean.. that is soo annnoying. "ya so heres this cool race but they're all dead or one step ahead or behind or somehwere else all the time...ya" They're teasing us sooo much.

one gripe I have with the idea there is that it sounds like you'd have the ancients ascending and descending on a whim. and that would become.. horrible. otherwise good stuff.

Comment

They also will need some haircuts too. In the last episode Weir's hair was getting longer. I wonder if they brought a barber?

Comment

perhaps they bought one of those things that hooks up to a vacum Though I'm pretty sure that they have a pair of clippers somewhere in those pallots of supplies.

I still say they'll get some supply system going because TPTB don't want to listen to us forever asking them about why no one is running out of bullets.

Comment

[QUOTE=Major Fischer]perhaps they bought one of those things that hooks up to a vacum

Instead of a chevron guy....there could be a flow-bee guy.....giving critically needed haircuts to teams before missions.....
                      Thanks!
                      Jordan

my page
                      My LJ
                      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

I've been wondering about their bathroom supplies. Simple things like TP, tooth paste, soap, "personal toilettries", etc. Even towels wear out. The underwear issue is interesting as well.

I'm advocating an episode (definitely humorous) that explores some of these issues. . .A "day in the life of" scenario.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

It'll all work out.

weir's one personal item? her aged aunt Ginger's magical clothes chest.

with it, she manage to survive being marooned with gilligan et al for 15 years and her clothes never wore out
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by confused_canary
                            well, even more mundane issue of food isnt sorted out yet.
                            Wait until they find the city's food replicators.

Comment

Originally posted by KayMan2k
                              Wait until they find the city's food replicators.
                              eh, what makes you think they have food replicators? Kinda ... trekish to me.

Comment

Working...
                              X